• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
lol we play in conmebol and weve made it as far as you. even the us beat you in 2002. cmon son
I didn't say anything about Mexico? I know we are shite. I'm just saying Colombia has already had a golden generation before and we know how that turned out. The 5-0 did more harm than good to Colombian football.

Slizz

Cheers!

Cheers, I'll give some of those teams a go.

Athletic Bilbao. LLorente and De Marcos balllinnnnn. Plus their alternate kit is sex.

pOVpG.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How much? Whatever you feel like pledging. :) The more you do, the better the rewards. Anyway, with the exception of the new Star Citizen, the other two have already been funded. Project Eternity's (it's basically a Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale spiritual successor) crowdfunding campaign ends in about 2 days, so you can still contribute. At 3.5M$ we get another big city! Also, there's going to be a GAF-Inn in the game, haha. Here's more info about Wasteland 2.

Role-playing's not dead!

g96LV.gif
!!

I'll check them out, thanks!

GorillaJu

You guys are nuts if you think Argentina is going to win the world cup. You need to have a team to win, not just 3 strikers. England has a bigger chance of winning WC14 than Argentina.

You guys are nuts if you think Argentina is going to win the world cup. You need to have a team to win, not just 3 strikers. England has a bigger chance of winning WC14 than Argentina.
Let's not get crazy!

I doubt Argentina will win it but I do think Messi is good enough to drag them through if they get a good team together. Not a team littered with awesome players but a well organised functioning team, he could do it with that behind him I reckon. I don't watch their qualifiers but at the World Cup and Copa America they sucked.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Let's not get crazy!

I doubt Argentina will win it but I do think Messi is good enough to drag them through if they get a good team together. Not a team littered with awesome players but a well organised functioning team, he could do it with that behind him I reckon. I don't watch their qualifiers but at the World Cup and Copa America they sucked.
They are much better than last year. They wrecked Germany's shit a few months ago too.

Not true. Maradona won it by pretty much by himself in '86. I don't think I can even name a player other than Maradona from that side.

GorillaJu

Lol I'm just talking shit, pretty confident that Argentina won't win, but if I exaggerate then I can be the guy in two years who says "I FUCKING TOLD YOU GUYS THEYD NEVER WIN GOD" when they lose the final vs. Germany.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Lol I'm just talking shit, pretty confident that Argentina won't win, but if I exaggerate then I can be the guy in two years who says "I FUCKING TOLD YOU GUYS THEYD NEVER WIN GOD" when they lose the final vs. Germany.
That team of Pecho Fríos Germany is not gonna win any finals any time soon.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

lol woodhouse

jmcGngp4Yb2k7_e.jpg

Hell, Mexico compares very well to Colombia in Copa America despite not being from Conmebol. In Friendlies, Mexico has a good record vs everyone (aside from Brazil and Argentina) in conmebol.

Deal with it son.

your team sux lol

Remember that only South American teams have won the World Cup when it's been held in South America. I think the same can be said of North/Central America as well (South American teams obviously).

Kyoufu

Losing a final against Germany is pretty hard to do.

Right Bayern-GAF? TROLOLOL

Not true. Maradona won it by pretty much by himself in '86. I don't think I can even name a player other than Maradona from that side.
I decided to go have a look at the squads from that World Cup after you said this.

Was very cool to find that for most nations, 90% of the squads are made up of players playing their club football in their home nation.

Won't be like that for many anymore.

World Cup 1986 squads

"Cold chests", someone who doesn't feel the shirt. It can broadly apply to chokers like Robben, Netherlands, Arsenal...
Awesome. I am going to use this all the time now.

Shelvey is such a Pecho Frios.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I decided to go have a look at the squads from that World Cup after you said this.

Was very cool to find that for most nations, 90% of the squads are made up of players playing their club football in their home nation.

World Cup 1986 squads

This was true as recent as 2002, and the main reason South American teams have mostly underperformed since then. Blame Bosman.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

World Cup 1986 squads

Awesome. I am going to use this all the time now.

Shelvey is such a Pecho Frios.

utd is a pecho frio when they see the blaugrana :p

Salvadora

lttp
Renato ‏@th14Renato
Koscielny: “Who is the forward I hate to face? Suarez. He is tiresome to defend against. He cheats. He pulls your shirt, giving small blows”

Renato ‏@th14Renato
Koscielny: “He [Suarez] is a player who likes to dive as soon as there is contact.”

“You always want to give him a kick but you have to be careful not to be sent off."

In The Sun.
<3

City are going to have so many stars at WC2014.

Aguero, Tevez, Nasri, Silva, Falcao, Isco, Rodwell, Hart, Kompany (hopefully Belgium qualify :) etc.

Like they'll qualify.

Just popped into the Halo 4 leak thread, damn that screenshot on the last page is extremely impressive. It's not spoilerish btw, it's just insanely good looking.

http://www.abload.de/img/11uke12tojdf.jpg

For those who are interested.

I can't wait for this game. Halo 3 was easily the most fun I've had with my xbox 360.

Top Bottom