• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

FootballFan

Stats are meaningless.

I'm just putting that out there.

Exactly, that's why I was annoyed at doicare 'proving' Cleverly is better than those other players.

Unless the stats are really really out there like Ronaldo or Messi, then it is hard to tell if a player is good just by looking at stats.

Cesc is not better than Xavi or Iniesta but I can bet that he has more goals and assists than both. Infact this season Cesc has more goals and and same assists as both of them combined.

elsk

Banned
I've never seen Sven play anything but DM, while Lars is much more versatile. He regularly plays RLB/WB, CM and I've even seen him in OM.
Lars seems to be more gifted in terms of technical ability while Sven is physically stronger/more determined - Sven can be immense as a DM - he'll just jump in head first into tackles and such - he gets injured a lot too (nothing too serious, but rather small stuff like eyes/eye sockets...yeah, he's a sick ass mofo)
And we're on a whole another level defensively with him on the pitch. However he barely possesses any goal threat and is not too comfortable with a fast-passed passing game. But without him Sahin wouldn't have been half as effective as he has in 10/11 - Sven enabled him to solely concentrate on creative duties. Same kind of partnership is developing with Gündogan (as seen vs. City).
Here's a fairly new HL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10F5sDeusUs

So who's better? No idea, depends on what you're looking for, I guess.

I think Lars is also good on defense, he was the DM when Vidal was playing for Neverkusen.

Clegg

I've never seen Sven play anything but DM, while Lars is much more versatile. He regularly plays RLB/WB, CM and I've even seen him in OM.
Lars seems to be more gifted in terms of technical ability while Sven is physically stronger/more determined - Sven can be immense as a DM - he'll just jump in head first into tackles and such - he gets injured a lot too (nothing too serious, but rather small stuff like eyes/eye sockets...yeah, he's a sick ass mofo)
And we're on a whole another level defensively with him on the pitch. However he barely possesses any goal threat and is not too comfortable with a fast-passed passing game. But without him Sahin wouldn't have been half as effective as he has in 10/11 - Sven enabled him to solely concentrate on creative duties. Same kind of partnership is developing with Gündogan (as seen vs. City).
Here's a fairly new HL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10F5sDeusUs

So who's better? No idea, depends on what you're looking for, I guess.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just trying to think of all the players that would suit Uniteds way of playing. And from what you've said, Lars would probably be a better fit. Although Sven could act as a very good shield for our rather fragile defence.

It's rare enough to see twins in professional football. Especially ones so talented.

Blablurn

2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpeg

cacau out for six months :(

jtb

Banned
Arsenal: Martinez (Shea 45), Sagna, Squillaci (Jenkinson 45), Miquel, Santos (Meade 63), Coquelin (Yennaris 63), Frimpong, Wilshere, Gnabry, Arshavin (Eisfeld 63), Chamakh (Akpom 45)

Chelsea: Blackman, Cesar (Kane 45), Christensen, Terry (Pappoe 45 (Saville 88)), Nditi (Conte 45), Ince (Angban 45), Clifford (Swift 45), Saville, Baker (Musonda 45), Traore, Bamford (Feruz 45)

Goals: Clifford 23, Feruz 73

Christ, Squillaci and Chamakh can't even win reserve matches.

I think Lars is also good on defense, he was the DM when Vidal was playing for Neverkusen.
Yeah, if he got more playtime there instead of being rotated throughout the positions, I'm sure he'd excel there too, but as it stands I'd still pick Sven over Lars for DM.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just trying to think of all the players that would suit Uniteds way of playing. And from what you've said, Lars would probably be a better fit. Although Sven could act as a very good shield for our rather fragile defence.

It's rare enough to see twins in professional football. Especially ones so talented.

Also Lars is sort of available, while Sven not so much. Lars has no way to go up in Germany since Bayern signed that Spaniard from Bilbao. We could use a back-up DM since Kehl's getting really old now, but it seems like we're going for Frankfurt's Rode.
Leverkusen will prolly sell him for some 15-20m euros.

bender15lket.gif

bender2zzqmh.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Has anyone watched the Bundesliga Highlights show on ITV4?

Anyone who thinks ITV's football coverage is appalling (and that should be everyone) should watch it. It's like an A-Level Media Studies project.

Has anyone watched the Bundesliga Highlights show on ITV4?

Anyone who thinks ITV's football coverage is appalling (and that should be everyone) should watch it. It's like an A-Level Media Studies project.
:lol

Footballer that sounds like a Pokemon - Puncheon

Messi

USA GAF I need your help, this has been annoying me for weeks. I am trying to remember the name of a drink I consumed in Florida on my holidays. It was mixed berry flavour and the drink was aqua blue. It comes in a glass bottle and it was a dollar in Walmart. There are other flavours (mango, strawberry. I think) maybe it was called something breeze.

I know this is not much to go on but it's all I have.

HALP

elsk

Banned
Also Lars is sort of available, while Sven not so much. Lars has no way to go up in Germany since Bayern signed that Spaniard from Bilbao. We could use a back-up DM since Kehl's getting really old now, but it seems like we're going for Frankfurt's Rode.
Leverkusen will prolly sell him for some 15-20m euros.

I doubt it. They refused to sell Lars (to Bayern) and Schürrle (to Chelsea), they would've sold both of them for like 50-60M euros. But refused to sell anyway, so I think they're trying to keep them for more time.

USA GAF I need your help, this has been annoying me for weeks. I am trying to remember the name of a drink I consumed in Florida on my holidays. It was mixed berry flavour and the drink was aqua blue. It comes in a glass bottle and it was a dollar in Walmart. There are other flavours (mango, strawberry. I think) maybe it was called something breeze.

HALP

Sounds like a girl's drink

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The sounds effects are amazing in Dishonored. Especially the creepy music/alert.

Tip: Yes, keep "Objective marker" off during missions but you have to open it in the HUB :/ It's pointless running around looking for NPCs there.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

HALP

Snapple?

250px-Peach_Flavor.JPG

Messi

I doubt it. They refused to sell Lars (to Bayern) and Schürrle (to Chelsea), they would've sold both of them for like 50-60M euros. But refused to sell anyway, so I think they're trying to keep them for more time.

Sounds like a girl's drink

Sure, I drink girly drinks all the time they taste awesome.

Yurt said:
I'm just putting that out there.
You're awesome

HALP

Did it have alcohol in it?

2AGKK.jpg

My favourite liquids are

• Nurishment (all the flavours, I'm all over that)
  • KA Fruit Punch
  • Red Bull
  • Ribena Strawberry
  • Tango Apple
  • Cherry Coke
  • Dr Pepper
  • Hot Cocoa ^_^

Kyoufu

My current favourite beverage is Innocent Kiwi Apple And Lime Smoothie.

Freeze it a little so it becomes a little slushy and it's divine.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
No need to drink that expensive shit again, thanks.
5-8$ bottle of
chilean
wine, baby

Liquor is pretty cheap in the states. My friend moved to Canada and they absolutely rape the shit out of you up there. If you go to bars and stuff then yes it is expensive here. I bartended many years ago and you pretty much don't put shit in the drinks

I rather drink at home with my friends Jose Cuervo and Jack Daniels

elsk

Banned
How about a nice mojito? I'm not that much for just wine but sangria is fantastic.

I prefer Caipirinha :eek:

Liquor is pretty cheap in the states. My friend moved to Canada and they absolutely rape the shit out of you up there. If you go to bars and stuff then yes it is expensive here. I bartended many years ago and you pretty much don't put shit in the drinks

I rather drink at home with my friends Jose Cuervo and Jack Daniels

I used to drink at the house of one of my friend's girlfriend, we were a group of 3 guys and 3 girls and had a lot of fun. We used to buy 3-4 bootles of chilean/argentina wine for cheap and went to the rooftop of her house and put some good music beatles/the strokes/the smiths. Was very fun.

Top Bottom