• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Arnie

Don't think the game was that bad, I personally think Poland are a joy to watch. Loved em in the Euros and they didn't let me down today. Unlike England, with JM7 and small Tom as wide men/senior internationals.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
<3 Yenrot.

I like Clev, he's an exciting talent. But at some point (he's 23) he needs to show us something more to be branded ClevGod.

Pogba? Pfft. You know who else is 23?

Kwadwo-Asamoah-120811-Celebrates-AI-300.jpg

Wayne Rooney - has he progressed enough as a footballer since his move to united?

I don't think he has, he may be more rounded but has become less dynamic, he looked like becoming the best in the world at one stage

<3 Yenrot.

I like Clev, he's an exciting talent. But at some point (he's 23) he needs to show us something more to be branded ClevGod.

Pogba? Pfft. You know who else is 23?

Kwadwo-Asamoah-120811-Celebrates-AI-300.jpg
He's not an exciting talent though. Not really.

I mean, this thread is weird now cos there is obv. alot of tongue in cheek hype about Cleverley, but I'm not sure where people really stand on him.

He is a neat and tidy player and I think he is genuinely a good passer of the ball. But he hasn't shown us moments of magic or influenced a game in a stand-out way. Nothing that suggests he will be a top level player.

I think that despite being 23 he has time on his side because he is definitely a late bloomer so I'm happy for him to have a year or two more to get gametime and try to develop his game. But he isn't particularly exciting with bags of potential which we're just waiting for him to tap into.

Wayne Rooney - has he progressed enough as a footballer since his move to united?

I don't think he has, he may be more rounded but has become less dynamic, he looked like becoming the best in the world at one stage
He's didn't become less dynamic at United. His first few years at United is when he was at his most dynamic.

But he was inconsistent as hell. He cut that part of his game out and now he's more consistent in terms of getting goals and making contributions - but less OMG THAT WAS AMAZING. His touch and general play has always been inconsistent and always will be.

Don't think he ever looked like being the best in the world. He came through the same time as Ronaldo who was always clearly more talented than him.

Edit - But this week is just typical of him and typical of the way fans and the media respond to him. He really was great against Newcastle and everybody was loving it. Today he's very clumsy and it's back to "oh where did it all go wrong".

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's not an exciting talent though. Not really.

I mean, this thread is weird now cos there is obv. alot of tongue in cheek hype about Cleverley, but I'm not sure where people really stand on him.

He is a neat and tidy player and I think he is genuinely a good passer of the ball. But he hasn't shown us moments of magic or influenced a game in a stand-out way. Nothing that suggests he will be a top level player.

I think that despite being 23 he has time on his side because he is definitely a late bloomer so I'm happy for him to have a year or two more to get gametime and try to develop his game. But he isn't particularly exciting with bags of potential which we're just waiting for him to tap into.

I was being nice. :p

Now Raheem Sterling on the other hand! The black Suarez if I've ever seen one.

Jack -Jesus Christ- Wilshere is up there as well.

Clegg

If it's something Kermit made then it was probably done in a rather grandiose fashion and will come back to bite him on the arse and make him look foolish.

dc89

If it's something Kermit made then it was probably done in a rather grandiose fashion and will come back to bite him on the arse and make him look foolish.

Well Kermit has bet Arnie that Liverpool will not qualify for the CL in Arnie's life time. The stake - £1000.

doicare

To be fair, even Heskey could get a hattrick or two against Palermo.

Piss poor leagues... Oh you. Also got to wonder what stats we are talking about here.
No the dutch league is great, just look at how many goals Suárez has scored since he's come to the premier league compared to the Eredivisie league.....

Here's a few stats from this season (club+country):

-------------------played--goals--assists--passing accuracy--Key Passes p.g.--tackles p.g.
Tom Cleverley-----8-------2-------3------------92.1%----------------1.9------------2.7------
Isco-----------------9-------3-------2------------88.2%----------------2.0------------1.3------
Marco Verratti-----10------0-------2------------89.9%----------------0.6------------2.8------
Coutinho------------7------2-------0------------77.7%----------------1.0------------0.6------
Granit Xhaka------13------2-------0------------82.5%----------------1.3------------2.4------
Lewis Holtby-------9-------3-------3------------82.0%----------------2.6------------4.8------
Toni Kroos---------11------6-------1------------86.6%----------------3.3------------1.7------
Mario Götze-------10------2-------0------------83.9%----------------1.6------------0.8------

None of the other players you've mentioned can even get over 90% passing accuracy, let alone match the 92.1% of Cleverley. Nobody has more assists, only two have more goals,less then half of your list have more key passes and only two can manage more successful tackles per game. Yep definitively they're all better players than Cleverley.....

dc89

Man, I miss Kermit. He's like my doicare, he is to me what doicare is to United fans here.

:( RIP you masterful, green Salientia

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well Kermit has bet Arnie that Liverpool will not qualify for the CL in Arnie's life time. The stake - £1000.

Seems pointless to me. What if they do in a few/couple of years? How can Arnie get his money?

Edit: Jeff what are you doing in my mouth mate

Clegg

Man, I miss Kermit. He's like my doicare, he is to me what doicare is to United fans here.

:( RIP you masterful, green Salientia

doicare is a troll that winds people up very easily.

Kermit is a moron with diarrhea of the mouth and keyboard.

And Liverpool will be back in the CL in a few years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nice, some sense in this thread. Kermit sucks and will always suck, it's like people have nostalgia for terribleness

It's just dc really. He brings him up every once in a while for some reason.

Dc, he's with you on twitter ffs. :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to OPTA, ENG passing rates: Milner (81%), Oxlade-Chamberlain (80%), Cleverly (79%), Rooney (69%). Overall: 548

doamcry.

Top Bottom