• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kassu

Banned
Cool! I have some friends going too but I bought these as a surprise for my dad. We're in the ManCity fan section, you?

And welcome to footygaf, haven't seen you around before.
Well I'm in the Arsenal fan section. :D And I have posted few times before but thanks anyway.

Zabojnik

I'd rather play De Ceglie than Zuniga, yes. That's how much I don't want to waste transfer funds on players not right for our system.

I'll fight you to the death on this one, fade. A Zuniga-type player is exactly what we're looking for, since it's looking like we'll stick to 3-5-2 for the most part.

FootballFan

I'll fight you to the death on this one, fade. A Zuniga-type player is exactly what we're looking for, since it's looking like we'll stick to 3-5-2 for the most part.

Juve-GAF, I have found a solution.

Adriano.

Left back or LWB, right back or RWB, centre back, defensive mid, left wing, right wing.

Left foot/right foot.

Good defender, very good going forward. Nice crossing and knows how to score goals.

30 million euros should do.

sohois

Bernard is a very exciting player for a club to sign, but not really the right player for Liverpool to go for, Arsenal would be a much better bet. Most analysis of him I've seen suggests he's not really ready to move up to the premiership, it sounds like matching the contribution of someone like Oscar, or even Sterling, would be a good first season for him. Arsenal are already in the top four and so can afford to let him grow in the team but Liverpool can't really.

The likes of Eriksen and Ben Arfa are much better known and therefore much less exciting, but I think everyone would agree that they are more developed than Bernard and can make an immediate impact. You never know with young players, Bernard could come in and start playing well straight away, but it is a big risk.

dc89

BPxbtDBCAAAHGaj.jpg:large

I feel so warm

Feorax

Bernard is a very exciting player for a club to sign, but not really the right player for Liverpool to go for, Arsenal would be a much better bet. Most analysis of him I've seen suggests he's not really ready to move up to the premiership, it sounds like matching the contribution of someone like Oscar, or even Sterling, would be a good first season for him. Arsenal are already in the top four and so can afford to let him grow in the team but Liverpool can't really.

The likes of Eriksen and Ben Arfa are much better known and therefore much less exciting, but I think everyone would agree that they are more developed than Bernard and can make an immediate impact. You never know with young players, Bernard could come in and start playing well straight away, but it is a big risk.

I really can't see Eriksen happening. We already have 2 sets of midfielders who are quite flexible (Coutinho - Lucas - Gerrard, and Alberto - Henderson - Allen) so we realistically need someone who offers us the flexibility to play in a multitude of attacking positions. Eriksen can't play on the wings or upfront really.

I expect us to go for a left-footed wide player, such as Ben Arfa or Diego Capel.

Or alternatively, Aspas and Suarez on the wings, Coutinho through the middle, and Sturridge / Borini / another striker up front.

Slightly off topic, but for anyone on twitter, I recommend following an account called @itssadwhen. It will often cheer me up no end.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mirko arguing with the fan.

Vucinic ran away from Roma because of their shit fans and jeers ffs. I hope someone stabbed that fan in the buttocks.

Guys, wtf. Fine, I'll stop hyping Zuniga, but you've got to admit he's at least 10x better than De Ceglie and fooking Ziegler.

He's definitely better than them but I want someone like Lulic.

Actually, scrap that, I want Lulic.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How have Grampus not scored in this match? So bad.

This Arsenal kid has an amazing name, ZELALEM. Sounds like a character from Soul Calibur.

Feorax

Eóin - Valencia News ‏@XimoVCF 4m
Amadeo Salvo (VCF president) tells @RMValencia this afternoon that it's likely that Aly Cissokho will join Liverpool with an option to buy.

Wow, that escalated quickly. Will definitely help to have backup/competition for Enrique.

dc89

United look so silly openly talking about Fabregas. I don't like it how some clubs also announce they've agreed fees for certain players.

I haven't been able to follow Arsenal's pre-season all that much: has Gervinho played at all? Are they claiming it to be some injury, or is he just certainly being shipped out before the season begins?

Salvadora

I haven't been able to follow Arsenal's pre-season all that much: has Gervinho played at all? Are they claiming it to be some injury, or is he just certainly being shipped out before the season begins?

There were a number of players left out of our pre-season tour, Gervinho included.

Strong rumours linking him to Roma, and I think Arsenal did try to claim he had an injury.

Ushojax

I think they are pretending he's ill.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well United gaf if you think about it a Wayne Rooney who is fit and well and training hard is like a new signing, I hope Moyes leads with that in his Swansea presser.

ShogunX

Wow, that escalated quickly. Will definitely help to have backup/competition for Enrique.

We definitely need cover at LB as I'm not convinced Jack Robinson is good enough at the moment. Not overly convinced that Cissokho is all that great either but it's a position that is pretty hard to fill.

It seems that every season we get linked with Cissokho and he always feels the need to comment on the speculation (almost like he links himself). Not move has ever materialised I wonder if this time it will be different or is it Cissokho up to his old tricks?

Looks like Sergi Canos is all but done.

BPvFG_bCYAAGQnk.jpg:large

Pretty pleased about how angry Barcelona seem to be about losing him :)

:lol the SSN transfer guy is hilarious

He talks so slowly, enunciating every word

If man-ches-ter un-i-ted agree a few with bar-ce-lo-na then cesc fab-re-gas will go to old traf-ford

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
:lol the SSN transfer guy is hilarious

He talks so slowly, enunciating every word

If man-ches-ter un-i-ted agree a few with bar-ce-lo-na then cesc fab-re-gas will go to old traf-ford

If my aunt had bollocks he would be my uncle.

Ushojax

has anyone ever downloaded uncharted 3 from psn+?

I have. Like everything involving the PS3 it was a complete hassle. PSN+ gives you access to the data for the SP mode and the movie sequences but it's not explained that you have to download the free to play multiplayer and launch the campaign mode from there. It also adds adds a bunch of unneeded shit to the download queue like 3D cutscenes.

GorillaJu

Wes, I bought Sonic racing when I heard you and Moody talking about it on Mumble. I'll play with ya, though I'm really bad at this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom