• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wes, I bought Sonic racing when I heard you and Moody talking about it on Mumble. I'll play with ya, though I'm really bad at this game.

Hearing alot about this game, lots of hyperbole though, is there a big gaf presence?

bud

Yes. It's annoying as shit.

40gigs, but you only need like 26. The rest is language packs and 3D movies

I have. Like everything involving the PS3 it was a complete hassle. PSN+ gives you access to the data for the SP mode and the movie sequences but it's not explained that you have to download the free to play multiplayer and launch the campaign mode from there. It also adds adds a bunch of unneeded shit to the download queue like 3D cutscenes.

it really is a bitch. i've finished downloading sp mode, and i'm currently downloading the 2d movies.

i cancelled the 3d movies download, though. does that mean the sp won't work once it's all finished downloading?

i don't care about the mp at all, but i guess i have to spend another few hours waiting for that to download as well.

These days have been boring as hell Milan-wise. Nothing new regarding new signings, shallow friendly vs an inferior team, Galliani won't talk about anything.

Apparently Honda brother and agent is talking right now with CSKA, the deal could be done by next week, but we probably won't see new players before the last ten days of August, basically until the CL playoffs. So we won't go after any player for another month.

At least tomorrow Saponara will taste some real football.

Wilbur

Banned
Nélson Oliveira heading to Stoke City on a loan.

nelsonoliveira4.jpg

Lynn, you couldn't present a CAT!!

Oh my god that's the one I thought was really hot at the euros

hnnnnggghhhhhh

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
it really is a bitch. i've finished downloading sp mode, and i'm currently downloading the 2d movies.

i cancelled the 3d movies download, though. does that mean the sp won't work once it's all finished downloading?

i don't care about the mp at all, but i guess i have to spend another few hours waiting for that to download as well.

No it will work fine with just the 2D movies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
These days have been boring as hell Milan-wise. Nothing new regarding new signings, shallow friendly vs an inferior team, Galliani won't talk about anything.

Apparently Honda brother and agent is talking right now with CSKA, the deal could be done by next week, but we probably won't see new players before the last ten days of August, basically until the CL playoffs. So we won't go after any player for another month.

At least tomorrow Saponara will taste some real football.

1316713879_castle_reaction.gif

:lol

Ka-veh Sol-he-kol

See for yourself!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

He had me at David Moyes

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes, I bought Sonic racing when I heard you and Moody talking about it on Mumble. I'll play with ya, though I'm really bad at this game.

Have I got you on Steam morsel?

Hearing alot about this game, lots of hyperbole though, is there a big gaf presence?

There's about 9 in dotagaf who have it. 5 or 6 of us have started playing quite regularly, the others bought it last night. A couple of others in that group may or may not pick it up before the sale ends in two hours.

I can't say much more. It's the most multiplayer fun I've had for £5 in a long while. The racing is easy to play/hard to master, there's plenty of versatility (although perphas more weapons/pickups would've been nice), it runs silky smooth and has a fantastic remix soundtrack of old favourites. Here's an example.

Like I say for £5 I've really enjoyed it.

Clegg

Lansdowne Road is a lovely looking stadium when you're inside it. It also looks great when you're looking at it across the river and it's all lit up at night.

But from overhead it looks like a toilet bowl.

Feorax

It seems the Times have redacted the part of the article where they stated we aren't interested in Soldado. Hmm...

Aspas Coutinho Suarez

Soldado

I would still prefer Bernard if it's still possible, but the above could work nicely.

Jack cw

Allianz Arena and Stadte de France have some great designs. Emirates and Landsdowne Rd look like toilete seats :D
Edit: beaten with a toilet bowl. :/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Have I got you on Steam morsel?

There's about 9 in dotagaf who have it. 5 or 6 of us have started playing quite regularly, the others bought it last night. A couple of others in that group may or may not pick it up before the sale ends in two hours.

I can't say much more. It's the most multiplayer fun I've had for £5 in a long while. The racing is easy to play/hard to master, there's plenty of versatility (although perphas more weapons/pickups would've been nice), it runs silky smooth and has a fantastic remix soundtrack of old favourites. Here's an example.

Like I say for £5 I've really enjoyed it.

Just downloading it now, is there a steam group you guys are in or a way I can play with ya?

Best stadium in the British Isles is probably the Millennium Stadium. Haven't been there myself but everyone who goes there loves it.

Lovely interior

Millennium_Stadium_panoramic_view.jpg

kharma45

Lansdowne Road is a lovely looking stadium when you're inside it. It also looks great when you're looking at it across the river and it's all lit up at night.

But from overhead it looks like a toilet bowl.

Saw it from my hotel room last time I was in Dublin but I'm yet to get to a game at the new one yet. Hopefully I will this coming Six Nations.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just downloading it now, is there a steam group you guys are in or a way I can play with ya?

I haven't played it with Football GAF yet so no. I don't know how these guys get together to play FIFA and other games, I think they use whatsapp.

The Steam cards thing is awesome, an easy way to profit off of idiots. I got the following all from selling those cards:

Dungeon Defenders
Tomb Raider: Anniversay
FTL
System Shock 2.

All for $0.00. And I still have $3.16 in my Steam Wallet (which I also got from selling cards), and another 5 or 6 summer cards that I'm waiting to sell until after the sale. The sad part is that I don't even really have time to play games anymore, but I still keeping hoarding. :) If it's free, why not.

That said, anyone have a recommendation for a game under $3? Have a couple hours before the sale ends.

Clegg

Croke Park is awesome

It's great.

I like the fact that there's a standing terrace. It adds to the atmosphere.

There were plans to remove the terrace and increase capacity to 90,000 but they were rejected because there was too much love for the terrace.

Plasma

Banned
Wenger denies that Bernard is about to join Arsenal, then again he said he didn't know who Cazorla was a few days before we signed him.

The Steam cards thing is awesome, an easy way to profit off of idiots. I got the following all from selling those cards:

Dungeon Defenders
Tomb Raider: Anniversay
FTL
System Shock 2.

All for $0.00. And I still have $3.16 in my Steam Wallet (which I also got from selling cards), and another 5 or 6 summer cards that I'm waiting to sell until after the sale. The sad part is that I don't even really have time to play games anymore, but I still keeping hoarding. :) If it's free, why not.

That said, anyone have a recommendation for a game under $3? Have a couple hours before the sale ends.
Super House of Dead Ninjas

operon

This is going to get very messy...

either they are serious about signing him, or the season ticket renewal numbers are crap. I don't see Arsenal as been all that much a step up for him, yes they are in the Champions league, but they make up the numbers surely he actually wants a chance of winning it.

Feorax

either they are serious about signing him, or the season ticket renewal numbers are crap. I don't see Arsenal as been all that much a step up for him, yes they are in the Champions league, but they make up the numbers surely he actually wants a chance of winning it.

If anything is going to happen, I suspect we'll know for certain by Friday.

Therefore if Arsene is serious about this, he needs to get the improved bid in pretty fucking quickly.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Levy and Baldini let Soldado join Liverpool I'm going to kill them. Just activate the clause and get this shit done, as long as we match Liverpool's offer there is no way he will join them. If we miss out we will have to start scraping the barrell and go after people like Osvaldo.

Hopefully the Suarez uncertainly rumbles on a bit more so we can sign him. We can't have Liverpool stealing Spurs targets, it's against nature.

Yen

Croke Park is awesome

Fantastic stadium and amazing atmosphere, especially when Dublin reach the latter stages of the All-Ireland. Looks stupid though in the Provincial Championships and early rounds of the All-Ireland when half the stadium is empty and the top tier is closed.

Feorax

If Levy and Baldini let Soldado join Liverpool I'm going to kill them. Just activate the clause and get this shit done, as long as we match Liverpool's offer there is no way he will join them. If we miss out we will have to start scraping the barrell and go after people like Osvaldo.

Or, god forbid, Torres.

I still think you'll get him. He'd be an automatic started for you, and you're much further along than we are right now.

Pleased that it's only between us and Porto now for Bernard. I won't be quite so depressed when he goes there instead of to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom