• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have grown to like the new wembley after my 4th or 5th visit, I think its the most impressive ground I have seen from the outside and you get loads of leg room but somethings up with the acoustics, the sound doesn't travel well so the atmosphere can be a little flat. Its also a stinger though when they try and sell you an £8 burger.

I went to Cardiff twice and I remember it having a really good atmoshpere, one thing I liked about it was they seperated the town into two halves for the different supporters and there were loads of nice bars.

The old Wembley was my favourite ground though

Yen

Or, god forbid, Torres.

I still think you'll get him. He'd be an automatic started for you, and you're much further along than we are right now.

Pleased that it's only between us and Porto now for Bernard. I won't be quite so depressed when he goes there instead of to us.

Who says we're in for Bernard?

panty

De Bruyne has left Chelsea's tour injured.

Shit was nasty.

ibjYTnVwC55bfO.gif

ibe3jszlwruAaT.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing some of our youngsters in action tomorrow, namely Saponara, Vergara, Cristante, and Petagna. I'm also interested in seeing Poli.

Knowing Allegri though, he will probably keep Vergara/Petagna/Cristante benched in order to give more minutes to Zaccardo, Traore and Robinho. Also, judging by Max's words today Prince will play over Saponara because Ricky is "tired" after the U21 tournament, even though it was weeks ago.

GorillaJu

Who says we're in for Bernard?

Tony Barrett mentioned that we're monitoring him. Normally "monitoring" wouldn't mean jack shit in my book, except that there'd be no point in monitoring a player whose agent has confirmed he'll be switching clubs after the Copa Libertadores if you weren't one of the potential moves.

GorillaJu

I've seen our interest reported in the Times and the Telegraph, as well as a few reports in Brazil cropping up.

Thankfully a bit more substance than just Sports Direct News this time.

It'd be absolute hilarity if we did end up signing him, and the first people to break the news were Sports Direct. :lol

Wes I don't think I have you on Steam. I'm "Kibou no Bacon" on there. Can you find me ? I suck at finding people on Steam.

Meier

De Bruyne has left Chelsea's tour injured.

Ugh, I wish the person hadn't followed up this post with the GIFs. It was bad enough once.

Supposedly Mou said it was a minor injury and he was walking around but my god, it looks awful in replays. You'd swear something had to have torn.

kharma45

The Steam cards thing is awesome, an easy way to profit off of idiots. I got the following all from selling those cards:

Dungeon Defenders
Tomb Raider: Anniversay
FTL
System Shock 2.

All for $0.00. And I still have $3.16 in my Steam Wallet (which I also got from selling cards), and another 5 or 6 summer cards that I'm waiting to sell until after the sale. The sad part is that I don't even really have time to play games anymore, but I still keeping hoarding. :) If it's free, why not.

That said, anyone have a recommendation for a game under $3? Have a couple hours before the sale ends.

Yeah it's so fucking stupid, I'm sitting at £1.09 atm for doing nothing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Usho! Good news!

Hot damn.

If we pull this off we can win something this season. The squad would be stacked and ready to compete on several fronts. We could have got to the Europa final last year if not for injuries. With added depth and quality I don't see why we can't win the thing.

Meier

57901_10153058255860455_1887070033_n.jpg

That is a ridiculous sized phone if it is indeed a phone. Who can tell these days.

p.s. Zaba is a handsome dude. *swoon*

Feorax

Cissokho should be done this week apparently. Loan with an option to buy suits all parties, as we'll get to have a look at the player, and Valencia get to keep a higher percentage of the fee (Porto get 40% sell on fee this year, 20% next year).

Salvadora

Soldado at Spurs is going to shake things up for sure. Spurs have an extremely strong squad but Soldado is a step above anyone they've signed. Spurs will score truck loads of goals with Soldado, no doubt about it

Best stadium in the British Isles is probably the Millennium Stadium. Haven't been there myself but everyone who goes there loves it.

Lovely interior

Stadium is just plainly well designed. Best bit about it is the location. Right in the city centre which makes the match day atmoshere fantastic.

jesalr

More Soldado-ness

Eóin - Valencia News ‏@XimoVCF 4m
SER Deportivos says Valencia want a total of €30m for Soldado. €15-20m up front. Rest in installments. Will negotiate until 2nd August.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
More Soldado-ness

Eóin - Valencia News ‏@XimoVCF 4m
SER Deportivos says Valencia want a total of €30m for Soldado. €15-20m up front. Rest in installments. Will negotiate until 2nd August.

Well at least there is a way to get it done without spending the full whack right now.

At the end of the season AVB explicitly criticised our late spending and how it contributed to a poor start to the campaign, Levy seems to have taken that on board. Deadline day deals are great but when CL is decided by one point any delay in making key signings can be deadly.

Meier

leave Salvio alone, you fuckin British cunts.

If it were up to me, we'd give you guys Javi Garcia back and pay a bit for this Salvio guy and then re-sign Gareth Barry for another year or two as depth. It seems like MP wants to play him more as a CB currently though.

GorillaJu

Wes, add me on Steam! I'm "Kibou no Bacon"

Also, I'm pretty sure that Asian girl is holding a toy camera - an HOLGA if I remember correctly, or maybe a FUJIFILM Instax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom