• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means Barce have to accept the Arsenal bid, he doesn't have to go to Arsenal above United, Barce accept and let the player decide...

Technically, I don't think they're even meant to enter negotiations with another club before notifying/inviting the club that have first refusal, otherwise it would just be a normal bidding process.

I've read from somewhere that the specific clause relating to Fabregas is triggered only if the player asks for Arsenal, and then a pre-agreed transfer fee would be enough to secure his signature.

Timurid

Who's Messi's daddy?
Eufemiano Fuentes

-

BPyWx6TCMAAHvkk.jpg:large

In Japan.

:lol :lol :lol

Lightning

Banned
I'm enjoying this. United fans build themselves up to the maximum please!

The Thiago shit was awesome. Could do with another round.

LegoArmo

Arsenal could offer 25m and an extra 50m in add ons if they win the Premier League or Champions League in the next 10 years.

#BarcaAreSuckas

You see it in FM all the time if you have a club become an affiliate of yours. If I want to buy Player A from some team in Argentina for $10m, then maybe Corinthians can come in and match my bid and then be given priority in the bidding process. Obviously there's a bit more to it, but it means that the one club is at least allowed to match the offer of the other. Barca wouldn't be able to sell out-right without talking to Arsenal first and allowing them to match the bid.

They are getting a percentage of profit over their sale price to Barcelona it sounds like which would allow them to cut the effective cost down if they matched a high bid from Man U, but I've seen some people seem to think that they've locked in a £25m fee which is clearly incorrect. That'd just be a buyback option.

It means that if United agree a fee with Barca, then before the transaction can go ahead, Barca need to contact Arsenal and say "United have offered X amount for Fabregas and we've accepted, do you want to match their bid?" If the answer is no, the deal between United and Barca proceeds as normal, if the answer is yes, Arsenal get the first go at agreeing terms with the player.

It sounds like a load of nonsense to me. Teams would usually know when another team was in talks with a player and they would be able to bid accordingly. All it really means is that Arsenal definitely won't pay more than United as far as I can tell.

It's not like Fabregas is going to hear Arsenal's contract offer and not United's, if the rumours about him being open to a move are true.

To be fair, we're not going to sign him.

On a more serious not the Moyes quotes from this morning sounded like we're pretty much giving up on Fabregas now, or close to.

Fellaini time.

Salvadora

i had no idea practicing how to tackle was even a thing.

i was talking more about wenger perhaps overtraining his players in pre-season.

Yeah me neither, but I found it interesting that a player came out to criticise our training :p. Lehmann came out recently too, to say our goalkeeping training isn't suited to getting the best out of players.

It wouldn't surprise me if overtraining was a problem at Arsenal tbh, because overplaying definitely is.

Messi

On a more serious not the Moyes quotes from this morning sounded like we're pretty much giving up on Fabregas now, or close to.

Fellaini time.

Imagine that, a team with very little mid field cover does not want to sell its only bit of decent midfield cover.

Cesc said Wenger intervened to sanction the sale after the board rejected the bids. The club weren't going to sell were it not for Wenger letting him go. Would Fabregas then choose David Moyes and United over Wenger after that?

wave-denied-nope.gif

Cesc said Wenger intervened to sanction the sale after the board rejected the bids. The club weren't going to sell were it for Wenger letting him go. Would Fabregas then choose David Moyes and United over Wenger after that?

wave-denied-nope.gif

No, but when the board wants to pay the £25m for Fabregas Wenger will intervene to allow him to go to United.

kharma45

Arsenal fans are placing too much focus on this apparent first refusal clause. Fabregas may still hold Arsenal in high regard but he's not going to come back to a club that cant challenge for the big two competitions.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal fans are placing too much focus on this apparent first refusal clause. Fabregas may still hold Arsenal in high regard but he's not going to come back to a club that cant challenge for the big two competitions.
He ain't joining either club. The argument is redundant .

Clegg

Our second offer has been rejected, apparently.

We should just put down £40-45m as a final bid. If that's rejected then fair enough.

by who? Some VP? another bid wouldn't have been made if he wasn't for sale, it would be a waste of time.

whoever they can afford with our Cesc money.
They rejected the second bid.

Said it before, this £30m plus add ons lark ain't gonna cut it. £40m up front, lump sum. That might get looked at.

Giggzy

I'm starting to doubt that fabregas is leaving barca. I don't know if I ever believed he would, but the two bids did ignite some hope. Ah well, let's get fellaini at least...

Messi

I'm starting to doubt that fabregas is leaving barca. I don't know if I ever believed he would, but the two bids did ignite some hope. Ah well, let's get fellaini at least...

Thiago killed your bid. I would say fab leaves next season.

Dazzler

Why would Fabregas go back to Arsenal when arguably they're in a weaker position than when he left?

The guy wants trophies, not to fulfill some Arsenal hero narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom