• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Higuain, thanks for your dedicated service over the years and thanks for the 37 million! or was it 35m? I don't remember...
I'm off to get laid. apparently my wife wants to put the cake on my lower half and work her way to my shaft.

jesalr

President Amadeo Salvo confirmed while leaving the hotel that the offer is very close to what Valencia want. #thfc #coys #vcfnordic
https://twitter.com/mulu83/status/359411099508019200

Also from Graham Hunter: Valencia President says on Marca radio that they´ve asked €30m for #Soldado ¨What's being offered isn't far from that¨. Spurs in box seat

Woodward aint got nothing on Balbibidibini.

K1LLER7

Say if we actually offered £35m with add-ons raising to £45m, Barca should bite. They get, potentially, a £20m profit on a player who doesn't make their first team.

I'm sure in the next month they'll be able to find a decent replacement to cover for the starting XI, or even sign a top Defender for that amount.

Feorax

Some mental Arsenal rumours tonight.

First is that Suarez is extremely close to signing, despite currently being in Australia with us to train and playing on Wednesday.

Second is that every Brazilian journalist under the sun is claimig Bernard to Arsenal is a done deal, and then quoting the L'Equipe article from this morning as their source.

Mental

You can tell Graham Hunter is a charlatan because he wears a shirt and jacket, in Spain, where it's hot, despite being a freelance journalist, therefore having no reason to dress smart because he doesn't work in an office. He just spends all his time looking at women from his window in between writing articles for ESPN Soccernet.

What sources does he have? None. He reads the papers.

Edit: Seriously, right here, get it all before Graham Hunter goes on Sky and reports about it:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/index.html
http://www.marca.com/
http://sport.es/es/
http://as.com/

I see stuff Graham Hunter talks about probably before he does, depending on whether he's looking at women from his window or not.

Dazzler

he will be, Isco, Illarramendi, Alonso midfield lineup is expected from what I gather at madridista forums. Modric's days be numbered if he doesn't want to be backup option.

Then again, Carlo Ancelotti has a minimum requirement to play in his midfield:
"Either be very athletic or be very comfortable on the ball". Alonso is neither of the two.
But I do not see Alonso being dropped so my money is on modric becoming expendable if he doesn't nail his spot on the first team.

Alonso not comfortable on the ball?

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Giggzy

Can united be this stupid to keep bidding after barca keep saying no? Surely we're getting encouragement from either barca/fabregas to keep trying...

Dazzler

United are behaving like a game of Football Manager. Constantly upping the bid by a couple of million until selling club finally gives in because the offer is so ridiculous

Lightning

Banned

First is that Suarez is extremely close to signing, despite currently being in Australia with us to train and playing on Wednesday.

Second is that every Brazilian journalist under the sun is claimig Bernard to Arsenal is a done deal, and then quoting the L'Equipe article from this morning as their source.

Mental
Are you scared that we will sign some players?

Salvadora

Mental

Leopoldo Siqueira:
‏@LeopoldoAE
Bernard no Arsenal: 22 milhões de Libras (cerca de R$ 72 milhões. Amanhã joga a final; quinta se despede e sexta faz exames
Brazilian sports journalist on the biggest daily sports show saying the announcement will be on Thursday(?), and curiously not quoting L'Equipe. He's also apparently very close to the club's president.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Congrats Arsenal bros!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

Hopefully there's more to come.

but not Vidal

Empty

i don't really see how this matters. players have agents and mobile phones for that matter. liverpool don't have him locked up in some australian basement under constant surveillance.

Arnie

I would argue that Arteta was better last season than Silva.

Without a doubt.

I've said it before but I think Arteta's better than Cazorla. He isn't capable of as much, but in terms of what he brings to a team he's wonderfully effective.

Silva's an inconsistent flea.

United are behaving like a game of Football Manager. Constantly upping the bid by a couple of million until selling club finally gives in because the offer is so ridiculous

That's pretty much it.

This chase resembles a FM negotiation.

I can't think of a more damning indictment than that.

Woodward must deliver.

Salvadora

Without a doubt.

I've said it before but I think Arteta's better than Cazorla. He isn't capable of as much, but in terms of what he brings to a team he's wonderfully effective.

Silva's an inconsistent flea.

He has adapted to the role further back wonderfully.

I was peeved to see journalists on twitter having a go at him for not providing enough goals/assists. You only have to look at how much Arsenal fall apart when he's absent to see how integral he is to our side.

Arnie

He has adapted to the role further back wonderfully.

I was peeved to see journalists on twitter having a go at him for not providing enough goals/assists. You only have to look at how much Arsenal fall apart when he's absent to see how integral he is to our side.

Arsenal don't set up in a manner that allows deeper midfielders to get tons of assists, either. There aren't cavernous passing lanes to feed Giroud in behind, nor do you play on the break, or with much direct motion. Arsenal like to stroke the ball about and work an oppurtunity, the chances of the deepest midfielder in a central three playing that final ball after minutes of playing around the opponent's half are very low.

Arteta was the one Everton player I wish we had, back in his pomp.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Soldado to Spurs is actually happening.

The Mirror are saying we could get Lisandro Lopez in on the cheap as well. Not sure it's wise to have 2 of 3 strikers new to the PL, I'd rather just keep Ade.

DBT85

At this point Barca could just say make it £50m or fuck off. 3 incremental bids by only 5m just makes it look like we'll keep going back.

Suen

The Mirror are saying we could get Lisandro Lopez in on the cheap as well. Not sure it's wise to have 2 of 3 strikers new to the PL, I'd rather just keep Ade.
Sell all players, keep Bale and become Bale FC. But seriously I'm glad Soldado will be given the chance at a more...healthy club. Think you guys will be really tough up front as soon as he's adapted himself to PL.

Salvadora

Arsenal don't set up in a manner that allows deeper midfielders to get tons of assists, either. There aren't cavernous passing lanes to feed Giroud in behind, nor do you play on the break, or with much direct motion. Arsenal like to stroke the ball about and work an oppurtunity, the chances of the deepest midfielder in a central three playing that final ball after minutes of playing around the opponent's half are very low.

Arteta was the one Everton player I wish we had, back in his pomp.
Happens to be one of the classiest footballers about too. I love that.
The new Ronaldinho. Sign him up, Arsene.

Turok_TTZ

Alonso not comfortable on the ball?

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

He isn't and is one of the main reasons why Real madrid midfield gets shut down too easily.
When I say comfortable, I mean being able to hold the ball regardless of pressure from opposing team. just mark xabi alonso and forget the rest! Modric to his credit does not have such a weakness, is able to handle being pressured. Alonso needs khedira to protect him. Modric does not and that factor may be his chance to enter the first team plans.

Do not tell me Xabi alonso is comfortable with the ball. if he was, we would have never had problems with midfield in the first place. the very reason why I want a dm like De Rossi is because Alonso needs better protection than khedira. Alonso isn't able to hold the ball for long against quality opposition. why do you think alonso plays deep? because he can't handle pressure when higher up in midfield.

I imagine Lopez is the player we go for when we fail to sign Soldado.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He isn't and is one of the main reasons why Real madrid midfield gets shut down too easily.
When I say comfortable, I mean being able to hold the ball regardless of pressure from opposing team. just mark xabi alonso and forget the rest! Modric to his credit does not have such a weakness, is able to handle being pressured. Alonso needs khedira to protect him. Modric does not and that factor may be his chance to enter the first team plans.

Do not tell me Xabi alonso is comfortable with the ball. if he was, we would have never had problems with midfield in the first place. the very reason why I want a dm like De Rossi is because Alonso needs better protection than khedira. Alonso isn't able to hold the ball for long against quality opposition.

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Okay pal, I'll bite

In 28 games in La Liga:
Total turnovers 11
Dispossessed 20

That's fucking inhuman.

Modric, in 33 games: Turnovers 19, Dispossessed 33.
Pirlo, in 32: 18, 32
Sergio Busquets, in 31: 15, 20.
Xavi, in 30: 31(!), 21(!).

There are some people who believe in £100m transfer budgets and there are the ones such as myself that don't who are regarded as crazy.

I'm only crazy because you've made me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom