• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a possibility that you will end up spending more than United, the league champions.

For a team that came in fifth, plays in the Europa league, and is generally smaller that is absolutely mental.
Pretty sure they've spent more than us over the last 10 years, think they've spent more than us over the PL era actually.

(Only fees of course, not wages which is maybe more important)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Goddamn, Isla looks like a completely different player in training. We should probably keep him, just in case.

You know who else looks a completely different player?

(Tuttosport) Marco Motta has been really impressing Conte in the pre-season ritiro at Chatillon & has earned a call-up to Juve's U.S tour

1m3z9ch.gif

Salvadora

Pretty sure they've spent more than us over the last 10 years, think they've spent more than us over the PL era actually.

(Only fees of course, not wages which is maybe more important)

Really? They manage to fly under the radar well.

I think Arsenal have genuinely broke even/profited in the Wenger era now. Last figures showed £4.5m net spend, and with the departure of many players we're probably in the black.

It's an incredible achievement, yet makes me want to cry at the same time.

Lightning

Banned
@samuelj29060: Wilshere: "It won't be long before Zelalem is ready (to play first-team). He's a nightmare to play against in training." #AFC
Wenger better ensure this player is locked under long term contract and not sold.

Give the man some minutes this season, Arsene.

P.S fuck you Liverpool. You should have prevented Soldado from joining Spurs. You twats.

GQman2121

Banned
UK bros, are your tellies infested with nonstop programs about this new baby?

Lead and closing story here in the states for NBC Nightly News. They will also have an hour special today at 10 to cover everything leading up to this point. I'm assuming photos dealing with the conception; possible rectal cam of Katie anus; and then a guess the name contest?

Turok_TTZ

leave higuain so morata can take yer place!

I may be the most insane madrid man on footygaf but I am also madrid gaf's most intelligent.

Messi

UK bros, are you tellies infested with nonstop programs about this new baby?

Lead and closing story here in the states for NBC Nightly News. They will also have an hour special today at 10 to cover everything leading up to this point. I'm assuming photos dealing with the conception; possible rectal cam of Katie anus; and then a guess the name contest?

If you think you have it bad, they have it much much much worse.

Salvadora

Wenger better ensure this player is locked under long term contract and not sold.

Give the man some minutes this season, Arsene.

P.S fuck you Liverpool. You should have prevented Soldado from joining Spurs. You twats.
I'm pretty sure we only signed him recently,so we should be sweet for the immediate future. Regarding first team football, I'm not sure. Some of his through balls are magnificent, as is his general play. But lets not forget he's only 16 and playing against Asian teams.

Really? They manage to fly under the radar well.

I think Arsenal have genuinely broke even/profited in the Wenger era now. Last figures showed £4.5m net spend, and with the departure of many players we're probably in the black.

It's an incredible achievement, yet makes me want to cry at the same time.

Sorry I was mistaken, overall we have spent more, about £50m more it seems.

Not a massive difference over that period of time though.

Arsenal are pretty much breaking even as you say, remarkable.

Kaboul and Sandro being fit should improve our set pieces, as well as the addition of Paulinho.
Both attacking and defending.

Be so awesome if we wrapped up a striker this week. Then its just a case of potentially finding a LB and a Young Keeper but no rush in either department, just clear all the deadwood out.

Transfer deadline day? Pfft.

Meier

Those FM press conference questions can't be real
Fuck me you aren't kidding. I scrolled back up to actually read em..hilarious. I was waiting to see, "Varela doesn't speak any English, will you be asking David de Gea to help him out?"

"I'll certainly ask David to help but football is the same game everywhere and every transfer is full of adjustments. I'm sure he will be fine." That's kind of a conglomeration of answers off hand on my phone but pretty close to the real thing. :p

Give The Pacific a go, it's not terrible like just nowhere near as good :p Gonna check my local CEX for Generation Kill tomorrow. Going to go trade in TLOU and they have it for a fiver apparently.
Yeah I will, probably will start it in a few days. That's a good price! BR version?

Lightning

Banned
I'm pretty sure we only signed him recently,so we should be sweet for the immediate future. Regarding first team football, I'm not sure. Some of his through balls are magnificent, as is his general play. But lets not forget he's only 16 and playing against Asian teams.
Nothing wrong with giving him a run in the team against clubs in the capital one cup and PL action against bottom half of the league. I don't mean play him every week but a few games and some games in the reserves so he can kick on. It worked with Cesc.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kaboul and Sandro being fit should improve our set pieces, as well as the addition of Paulinho.
Both attacking and defending.

Be so awesome if we wrapped up a striker this week. Then its just a case of potentially finding a LB and a Young Keeper but no rush in either department, just clear all the deadwood out.

Transfer deadline day? Pfft.

I don't think we'll bother with a keeper. I think Lloris will play most games this season and Friedel will still be number 2. Jordan Archer might step up, he's quite a good talent.

LB might still happen but I think it depends on pre-season. BAE and Rose is enough for me and LBs are hard to find, a moron like Coentrao is not the answer.

arkon

UK bros, are your tellies infested with nonstop programs about this new baby?

Probably would be if I switched it on. I get my news filtered through my RSS feeds now. The telly is only for sports these days and the occasional comedy quiz show.

Clegg

Papers reporting that our final bid for Fabregas will be £35m.

If that's true then I have to wonder if we even want to sign him.

Messi

Man United vs Real Madrid 2nd leg on fox soccer. Fucking love this game, Nani was just rightfully ejected. Modric is about to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom