• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Doesnt Bale play in the same position as Ronnie? If yes then if we're going to get another player I'd prefer Suarez over those two. Ibra is a no-go, hopefully.

Kinda mixed about this, Higuain leaving and if Suarez joins, forcing Benz to the bench.
Remove Di Maria, put Bale and let Benz be striker. But since we're very likely not getting Bale this summer we could buy a forward assuming Higuain leave. That will still leave us with the new forward, Benz, Morata and Jesé. Overloaded.

If Bale goes to Madrid I'd frankly love it. The less of him in the EPL the better. And if it means fewer minutes for Isco perhaps, that's just a beautiful side effect.
:lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Bale to Madrid stories in the Spanish press are the same as the Ronaldo to United stories in our rags. Just sports editor wank material.

Bale to Madrid means Ronaldo is coming home!

jitncAhb431sX.jpg

Are Sky using the same sources that only recently led to their 'expert' say Barca were open to selling Cesc as they hadn't publicly rejected the bids even though they had? Xavi is getting older. Barcelona will need Fabregas this year more than ever.

Wenger did say, however, something no one else has; Cesc was giving it "one more year". So in some ways, yes Fabregas is considering his future but that doesn't necessarily mean he is open to leaving this year.

If Bale goes to Madrid I'd frankly love it. The less of him in the EPL the better. And if it means fewer minutes for Isco perhaps, that's just a beautiful side effect.

Lol!

Feorax

Bernard's press-conference: "God has written something. What is written is going to happen. God knows and does everything at the right time"

Encouraging to know we have Robbie Fowler working on the deal.

Madrid agreed terms with Bale the minute they decided they wanted him.

It's all about the transfer fee, that's the what will stand in the way of that deal happening, this or next summer.

Honestly I think Levy would reject £80m right now.

Kyoufu

It's all about the transfer fee, that's the what will stand in the way of that deal happening, this or next summer.

No he wouldn't. Nobody would. Not even you (Ronaldo).

No he wouldn't. Nobody would. Not even you (Ronaldo).
Our situation was different. Ronaldo wanted to go, it was clear that staying on at United he wouldn't be at his best - simply cos he didn't want to be there. We got that extra year from him and then settled at £80m. At that point it was just a matter of what the price was going to be.

Spurs aren't in that situation with Madrid. Not yet.

Anyway, maybe I am wrong but I seriously don't think they'd accept that bid. They won't be forced to and they will get the same next summer.

DBT85

No way would they turn down £80m. There comes a a point when it just starts getting silly.

Kyoufu

Our situation was different. Ronaldo wanted to go, it was clear that staying on at United he wouldn't be at his best - simply cos he didn't want to be there. We got that extra year from him and then settled at £80m. At that point it was just a matter of what the price was going to be.

Spurs aren't in that situation with Madrid. Not yet.

Anyway, maybe I am wrong but I seriously don't think they'd accept that bid. They won't be forced to and they will get the same next summer.

You think Bale doesn't want to go to Madrid?

Salvadora

DC ‏@DLDN22 24m
Reason for my excitement is I've just had it from a top source that Suarez is "9/10 joining Arsenal" #afc

This guy is AFC Camden, supposedly. Japan is only a quick flight away from Australia.
Didn't he name his kid after AVB?

He does. But I don't think he will force it or ask for a transfer or start sulking. Bale will happily stay at Spurs for next season - no indication that isn't the case.

If he comes out and starts openly pandering to Madrid, then yeah maybe the situation will change, but he hasn't.

DC ‏@DLDN22 24m
Reason for my excitement is I've just had it from a top source that Suarez is "9/10 joining Arsenal" #afc

This guy is AFC Camden, supposedly. Japan is only a quick flight away from Australia.
you know I thought that too but it's actually a 9 hour flight.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

See? How on earth would Marca of all places get the scoop on his tranfer request? You can't keep that kind of thing from the UK outlets. It's just their usual shit. If you actually read the Marca article it's all conjecture and once again it still isn't clear as to whether the transfer will happen now or next summer.

Valencia president:

'If Tottenham want to buy him, they have to meet our price and our demands. Soldado is a very important player for us.

'We don’t want to negotiate although Tottenham are within their rights to make us offers.

'We will negotiate until August 3 with clubs who want to pay 30 million euros for the striker.

'We’re only considering selling because his contract is running down and he wants to go.

'If he ends up staying with Valencia, his reputation will not be damaged.'

We'll get him for sure. We're €4m away, the player wants to join us and Valencia are desperate for cash. All this brinksmanship is their way of masking how badly they need the money. If we are willing to pay €26m right now then we will find a way to sign him.

Feorax

Yup, sounds about right. Remember when Marca reported Suarez had agreed terms?

I hope whatever is happening with Suarez gets resolved this week. I've run out of patience with all this now.

I'd recommend we either ask him to sign a new deal and give us one more year (with a pay rise and a more clear release clause f we don't make the champions league next year), or if he's not prepared to do that, have him train on his own and work on bringing his replacement now. Basically treat him like he's already been sold.

K1LLER7

Ian Abrahams
"More information has been passed to me this afternoon with regard to a Barcelona player returning to the Prem - as I told you in May"

Pique's coming back.

Ian Abrahams
"More information has been passed to me this afternoon with regard to a Barcelona player returning to the Prem - as I told you in May"

Pique's coming back.

Seriously we need a list of people whose transfer information shouldn't be posted here.

Tanc
The Moose
caughtoffside

Those 3 go straight in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom