• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I'm really feeling Belong To The World.

Sounds like the drum machine broke down during the recording and he just kept on going.

Tim cup in....four hours!

All eyes are on this guy

Simone-Zaza-Ascoli.jpg

Is that guy even good or is it all hype.

Yurt, pls. All eyes are on this guy.

domenico_beradi_juventus_-300x225.jpg

LegoArmo

Guy on TalkSport is going on about how full on Marca are with this story, apparently Ozil will be used as a makeweight. He says that they've never been this full on about any big transfer in the past, and that there's no smoke without fire...

Bullshit?

panty

Guy on TalkSport is going on about how full on Marca are with this story, apparently Ozil will be used as a makeweight. He says that they've never been this full on about any big transfer in the past, and that there's no smoke without fire...

Bullshit?

Are you saying they're offloading Özil to sign Bale?

Bull-fucking-shit.

GorillaJu

Bullshit?

Very much so. Just last year, the moose was 100% certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that Klopp would be our next manager, and Dempsey would be a Liverpool player. They just say shit that they know some people want to hear.

Feorax

Remember last year when the Moose claimed that Moyes would be going to Tottenham, and Everton threatened him with legal action unless he retacted it (which he did in a snivelling, grovelling manner)?

Salvadora

Very much so. Just last year, the moose was 100% certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that Klopp would be our next manager, and Dempsey would be a Liverpool player. They just say shit that they know some people want to hear.

Wasn't Dempsey pretty much nailed on to be a Liverpool player, and then Ian Ayre messed it all up?

LegoArmo

It's Paul Breen Turner, whoever that is.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Bullshit?

Of course it's bullshit. A month ago Marca had a similar story about Suarez.

Levy and AVB have said a thousand times, the player is not for sale. We will not listen to offers. Before Real Madrid can even speak to Bale they need to have the permission of the chairman, which they don't have. Bale's agent has been seeing what Madrid can offer Bale and started laying the groundwork for a transfer next summer.

Tata Martino is now official, to be honest I was expecting Bielsa, but Martino is his best disciple. Martino has a higher roof than Bielsa will ever have, he is more tactically aware and can adapt in the moment to moment, one doubt I have about south american coaches is that the last decade or so has seen a decrease in the number of coaches that make the jump to the old continent successfully; just of the top of my head Luxemburgo, Bianchi, Simeone, Bielsa, then the older generation with Basile, Falcioni, Cuper, Valdano, Gorosito, etc. Most of them with very few exceptions have failed to a certain degree.

I am not saying they are bad coaches, but a lot of the times, the south american coaches have very strong, unchangeable ways of coaching, even motivating which can be very detrimental for success. The first fissure I see is the 3-4 entourage he will bring to barcelona, a team that usually hires coaches and assigns their own line up of physios, scouts, coaches; which leads me to believe that some people like Roura, Altimira, Porras, maybe Pons and Seiru-lo will probably put their resignation in a couple of days. Its just a matter of numbers, the coach cant have 6 assistants.

Anyways, Martino has the potential to be great, probably the best coach in SouthAme right now; tactically brilliant but he still hasn't performed in a bigger club. And this lack of experience is what drives my choice for a Guus Hiddink like coach, someone who knows how to work transitions periods, someone that knows the ins and outs of big club man management, someone who can get the job down without rocking the boat.

Hixx

Someone who is in Hong Kong says we will be playing a friendly against Copenhagen next week.

Wooooooooden, come out to plaaaaaay?

Clegg

Last year Moose talked about Moyes secretly meeting with Tottenham. He said he was 100% sure of this info and that Motes would be the next Spurs manager.

A week later Moysey threatened to sure and Abrahams issued a snivelling apology. He's a bullshit artist.

Edit: Feorax nooooooooooo

Zamparini: "Ibrahimovic will ruin Cavani, like he did w/Pastore, preventing him from having the same return at PSG that he had at Napoli."

The Chelsea player the press are asking about Rooney you mean?

lol yeah, he was just saying "well if he comes I will welcome the competition" when asked about Rooney.

Fintan

Is Lewandowski definitely set on only going to Bayern? I'm surprised transfer links with him haven't been stronger for us and others.

Meier

Looks like the Tata deal is 2 years rather than 3 as had been posted yesterday.

Is Lewandowski definitely set on only going to Bayern? I'm surprised transfer links with him haven't been stronger for us and others.

Dead set for some reason. I guess Dortmund are holding out hope they can change his mind in the next 5 months before he can officially sign for Bayern.

Feorax

Why the fuck do any really big deals not happen until less than a month from the start of the season?

Complete pain in the arse for everyone involved.

Why the fuck do any really big deals not happen until less than a month from the start of the season?

Complete pain in the arse for everyone involved.

Because the selling club will do a lot to hang on to its player and if selling, get the most money out of it. With clubs desperate closer to the window shutting down you can get quite a bit more money off your players.

Feorax

Because the selling club will do a lot to hang on to its player and if selling, get the most money out of it. With clubs desperate closer to the window shutting down you can get quite a bit more money off your players.

Which is all well and good, but it's a nightmare if you don't have the time to get in a replacement.

Re Suarez to Arsenal or Madrid, I'll believe it when we start hearing things about it from journalists at our end (Liv Echo, The Times, etc) that the wheels are in motion. Everything that has come out so far is simply saying Suarez is enjoying training and being with his teammates, and we don't need the money, so we have no incentive to sell.

Moobabe

Edit - Oh wait, Ashley Cole encouraged him to join today too! :D

They could decline to comment, pretty obv what the plan is.

"Would you welcome Rooney?"

"No comment"

CHELSEA PLAYERS IN COVER UP ATTEMPT

"Would you welcome Rooney?"

"Of course - he's a top player"

CHELSEA PLAYERS URGING ROONEY TO JOIN

Zabojnik

Hmm, tell me more! All I know is his name.
3AQmK.gif

You're better off not knowing anything about him. I think PSG (or Milan, since Sassuolo's president is a known rossonero) might highjack him next summer, Verratti-style. Everybody ITK keeps telling how he's basically already ours, but I've got a bad feeling ...

meloconte.gif

Fergie

Banned
Just bought Tomb Raider on the PSN summer sale, thinking of Zone of Enders but I have a hunch it will be on PSN plus sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom