• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Diego Lopez when asked about Bale said:
"Any players that are not at Real Madrid are not needed. If he comes here, he would be a great signing, but those that are here are the ones that are working hard".

I agree Diego. Meanwhile I am pleased to see Diego is determined to fight for his place on the team. Casillas needs a kick up the arse and we will find out once and for all, who was in the wrong...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Marca are claiming Bale has agreed a 6 year deal with Real

3390182310_f86c82cb95.jpg

LegoArmo

Nah, Mayweather and Andre Ward are incredible boxers.

They just have 1) not the most exciting stye 2) nobody who can give them a decent fight

Mayweather is, of course. He barely fights though, he's more of a product now. Absolutely incredible boxer though.

I just miss the 90s.

pulga

Banned
Madrid fan forgetting just how alienated his club is from legitimate competition.

It's like a dollhouse, where his adored, sainted Benzema is the butler.

I love how this unlegit competition made it further than any EPL club in the CL and even knocked out your overvalued club out of the fucking Europa League some seasons back.

Liga teams only look ridiculous because of how overpowered Madrid and Barca are. Most of the Liga teams easily take EPL clubs to school.

Again, see Chelsea vs. Atletico if you needed another reminder.

Timurid

You're better off not knowing anything about him. I think PSG (or Milan, since Sassuolo's president is a known rossonero) might highjack him next summer, Verratti-style. Everybody ITK keeps telling how he's basically already ours, but I've got a bad feeling ...

http://shrani.si/f/1d/SN/1CkLswA7/meloconte.gif[img][/QUOTE]
I doubt PSG will continue their annual Serie A hunt especially with Leonardo gone.

Turok_TTZ

I love how this unlegit competition made it further than any EPL club in the CL and even knocked out your overvalued club out of the fucking Europa League some seasons back.

Liga teams only look ridiculous because of how overpowered Madrid and Barca are. Most of the Liga teams easily take EPL clubs to school.

Again, see Chelsea vs. Atletico if you needed another reminder.

that match and bilbao vs united were some cringeworthy, hilarious matches. Chelsea losing to pathetico and united getting outplayed by a mid table basque team.

Meier

Couple interesting rumors/notes from ESPN's transfer blog:

15.46 BST: Josip Ilicic is set to snub an approach from Liverpool and instead join Fiorentina after Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini accepted a €9 million offer from the Viola for the Slovenian attacking midfielder. According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Fiorentina had offered €3 million less than the Reds for the 25-year-old, who prefers to stay in Italy.

15.39 BST: Fenerbahçe have pulled out of talks with Benfica over Oscar Cardozo after failing to agree a transfer fee according to club president Aziz Y1ld1r1m, reports Turkish-Football.

15.34 BST: Swansea City's new signing Wilfried Bony has been granted a work permit.

12.34 BST: Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio has revealed that Gino Peruzzi is unlikely to join the club.

All the talk of Suarez to Arsenal, isn't the guy still banned from playing in PL for eternity?

Something like 6 more games and 1 will be a Capital One Cup match which would cut down on the number of league games.

pulga

Banned
that match and bilbao vs united were some cringeworthy, hilarious matches. Chelsea losing to pathetico and united getting outplayed by a mid table basque team.

bu bu bu EPL >>> Liga

Only reason EPL is seen as more competitive is because there's a greater number of teams wallowing in mediocrity. Of course its gonna seem like a better league when you've got 5 or so mediocre teams fighthing for the championship!

A mediocre Chelsea side finishing sixth in the Premier League winning Champions League, beating Barcelona and Bayern in the process.
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

bu bu bu EPL >>> Liga

Only reason EPL is seen as more competitive is because there's a greater number of teams wallowing in mediocrity. Of course its gonna seem like a better league when you've got 5 or so mediocre teams fighthing for the championship!

It's not the best league cos it has the best teams.

It's the best league cos it's the best league.

Anyway why don't you just start supporting a PL team anyway? More trophies for you to celebrate at the end of the season baby.

GQman2121

Banned
Just bought Tomb Raider on the PSN summer sale, thinking of Zone of Enders but I have a hunch it will be on PSN plus sooner or later.

I did the same with Tomb Raider during the e3 sale. Good price at $20 I think. Going to start it once I platinum TLoU.

Timurid

Sevilla are going to have a dangerous strikeforce with Gamiero and Bacca.

I'm surprised Tottenham or other EPL clubs weren't interested in Gamiero. He was available for 7.5 mil euros.

pulga

Banned

Anyway why don't you just start supporting a PL team anyway? More trophies for you to celebrate at the end of the season baby.

So, if you guys don't have the best teams, why is Salazar flapping his gums about legitimate competition?

Clearly, spanish teams as of late have been superior to EPL teams.

If there's anyone in need of "legit" competition, think it might be you guys.

dc89

bu bu bu EPL >>> Liga

Yeah, come on Pluga, support City. It's great. Then you can taste both the bitter and sweet of having and losing out on Isco at the same time.

The oil compels you.

Timurid

So, if you guys don't have the best teams, why is Salazar flapping his gums about legitimate competition?

Why did Jose Campana leave Sevilla for Crystal Palace?

Yeah, come on Pluga, support City. It's great. Then you can taste both the bitter and sweet of having and losing out on Isco at the same time.

The oil compels you.

He already supports Madrid, that is more than enough European disappointments for him during a season, no need for one that can't even go through the group stage.

Turok_TTZ

Best league? this summer transfer market indicates otherwise.
how many targets has epl clubs lost to Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1?
Thiago to manutd? NOPE, Bayern.
Lewandowski to Chelsea, Manutd? Nope, Bayern.
Illarramendi to Arsenal? nope, Madrid.
Higuain to Arsenal? Nope Napoli
Mkhitaryan to Liverpool? Nah Dortmund.
Aubameyang to everton, newcastle? dortmund again.
Strootman to manutd? AS Roma.
Cavani to Chelsea? PSG!
Falcao to Chelsea? AS Monaco!
Moutinho to spurs? AS Monaco!
Isco to mancity? Madrid!

Nobody except Fabregas who is a farsa reject wants to come to the EPL trololololol.

pulga

Banned
Turok, Marca is on about how we're in the final stretch of #OperationBale

As.com reports we're after Suarez again

They both agree Higuain is off to Napoles

Who de we believe, ITK? Who do we believe

tumblr_m8579vjahr1rb2y4zx1.gif

Haven't you seen how much money the EPL spent to create its Best League in the World™ tagline? Haven't you noticed the united marketing effort from all clubs and pundits? Do you think that has been cheap?

Results do not matter. It doesn't matter that English clubs are outperformed in Europe by the Spaniards and Germans, that the Bundesliga has better attendance at its games, and that Serie A is much more internally competitive. Have those leagues engaged in a marketing blitz bragging to be the Best League in the World™? No? Then shut the fuck up and accept that the EPL is the Best League in the World™.

Cavani to Chelsea? PSG!
Isco to mancity? Madrid!

Nobody except Fabregas who is a farsa reject wants to come to the EPL trololololol.

You are so dumb. You are really dumb, for real!

Clegg

Cavani to Chelsea? PSG!
Isco to mancity? Madrid!

Those 4 clubs never even bid for these players.

You're trolling is sub standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom