• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

Best league? this summer transfer market indicates otherwise.
how many targets has epl clubs lost to Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1?
Thiago to manutd? NOPE, Bayern.
Lewandowski to Chelsea, Manutd? Nope, Bayern.
Illarramendi to Arsenal? nope, Madrid.
Higuain to Arsenal? Nope Napoli
Mkhitaryan to Liverpool? Nah Dortmund.
Aubameyang to everton, newcastle? dortmund again.
Strootman to manutd? AS Roma.
Cavani to Chelsea? PSG!
Falcao to Chelsea? AS Monaco!
Moutinho to spurs? AS Monaco!
Isco to mancity? Madrid!

Nobody except Fabregas who is a farsa reject wants to come to the EPL trololololol.

The only ones you can brag about is Thiago, Cavani, and Isco. The rest were just bullshit rumors or the clubs thought the price was too high.

Clegg

Oh god I am going through the thread

Does anyone else cringe when FootballFan tries to suck up to the United fans?

It's like he's desperately trying to be one of the cool kids on the block

Ew. Barf barf.

I think you've missed the joke.

Look at this dream team back in London Colney.
st4bTUQ.jpg

Stuff of nightmares right there.

Sane_Man

Best league? this summer transfer market indicates otherwise.
how many targets has epl clubs lost to Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1?
Thiago to manutd? NOPE, Bayern.
Lewandowski to Chelsea, Manutd? Nope, Bayern.
Illarramendi to Arsenal? nope, Madrid.
Higuain to Arsenal? Nope Napoli
Mkhitaryan to Liverpool? Nah Dortmund.
Aubameyang to everton, newcastle? dortmund again.
Strootman to manutd? AS Roma.
Cavani to Chelsea? PSG!
Falcao to Chelsea? AS Monaco!
Moutinho to spurs? AS Monaco!
Isco to mancity? Madrid!

Nobody except Fabregas who is a farsa reject wants to come to the EPL trololololol.

What about Navas, Jovetic, Aspas, etc, etc, etc? I'm sure you could look at every foreign signing into the Prem this season and see an abundance of other European clubs that missed out on them. Your argument is complete selection bias.

pulga

Banned
tumblr_m8579vjahr1rb2y4zx1.gif

Haven't you seen how much money the EPL spent to create its Best League in the World™ tagline? Haven't you noticed the united marketing effort from all clubs and pundits? Do you think that has been cheap?

Results do not matter. It doesn't matter that English clubs are outperformed in Europe by the Spaniards and Germans, that the Bundesliga has better attendance at its games, and that Serie A is much more internally competitive. Have those leagues engaged in a marketing blitz bragging to be the Best League in the World™? No? Then shut the fuck up and accept that the EPL is the Best League in the World™.

Quite so, Frankie. Proper marketing does wonders for any sort of thing's image.

You are so dumb. You are really dumb, for real!

I will not dispute Turok's mental faculties BUT he's got a tremendous point there.

pulga

Banned
I think you've missed the joke.

What joke? He's even admitted to sucking up to get in your lot's good side come the new season :lol

As if all the brown nosing in the world will make anyone here stop hating that cumstain of a club.

Turok_TTZ

Turok, Marca is on about how we're in the final stretch of #OperationBale

As.com reports we're after Suarez again

They both agree Higuain is off to Napoles

Who de we believe, ITK? Who do we believe

The same marca who said neymar was a done deal for madrid? the same marca who said we signed RVP and Fabregas? Ibrahimovic? Falcao? Vidic? Hazard? Ronaldinho?
for the nth time... pls no marca.

We are not in on Suarez and EC, who is more reputable than AS, agrees with me.
Carlo said it himself, we do not need to sign new guys. He is impressed with Morata.
Plus higuain's money to go for Suarez? makes no sense, flo wants bale and higgy money will go to funding operation bale. I do not want bale but I see us gunning for bale than suarez If flo has listened to Zidane. Carlo wouldn't mind bale.

L1NETT

Love the EPL trolling, gives me a good laugh. And judging a league because they missed out on half a dozen players to fake, plastic, oil petro clubs? Trolling at its finest.

Edit: Moobabe gets it.

I will not dispute Turok's mental faculties BUT he's got a tremendous point there.

The PL missing out on the mammoth signings is hardly anything new though.

At the end of the day, the PL is going into the new season with 3 teams expecting a title challenge, and 6 teams with hopes of qualifying for the CL. And who knows, Everton or Swansea could be up there as well come next May.

pulga

Banned
The same marca who said neymar was a done deal for madrid? the same marca who said we signed RVP and Fabregas? Ibrahimovic? Falcao? Vidic? Hazard? Ronaldinho?
for the nth time... pls no marca.

We are not in on Suarez and EC, who is more reputable than AS, agrees with me.
Carlo said it himself, we do not need to sign new guys. He is impressed with Morata.
Plus higuain's money to go for Suarez? makes no sense, flo wants bale and higgy money will go to funding operation bale. I do not want bale but I see us gunning for bale than suarez If flo has listened to Zidane. Carlo wouldn't mind bale.

Frankly, I'm fucking scared to go into the season with Morata as the only CF backup.

He's good, he's got potential, but it still scares me shitless.

But I guess that's what we gotta do if we're ever going to have another canterano star.

Look EPL haters need to suck it up.

EPL has the most fans.

It's cos EPL is the best league, what more evidence do you need.

EPL. EPL. EPL.

Meier

I posted an article the other day about the state of La Liga and I swear there was a stat that said something like 25 Spanish players had left La Liga and more than half of them had come to the EPL this transfer window alone.

Most of the people on Turok's list weren't even bid on by clubs that were "linked" to them. That Madrid, Monaco, PSG, Dortmund, etc. were willing to pay massive buy-out clauses doesn't mean they're more appealing leagues. It means they were willing to stump the necessary cash.

And no, the Italian league is not more competitive.

dc89

He already supports Madrid, that is more than enough European disappointments for him during a season, no need for one that can't even go through the group stage.

If he pledges his allegiance now, he can genuinely celebrate the PL and CL double in May.

Turok_TTZ

Frankly, I'm fucking scared to go into the season with Morata as the only CF backup.

He's good, he's got potential, but it still scares me shitless.

But I guess that's what we gotta do if we're ever going to have another canterano star.

I know you are fearful due to his lack of experience but know this, if we don't give our youth a chance. Guys like Raul, Guti, De la Red, and countless others will never emerge from our acadamy, establishing themselves on the team. They have to be given a chance. You look at negredo, soldado, mata, eto'o, etc, and they all got away. Eto'o being the one that really got away.

I know morata can succeed. I know he has a similar disposition to that of Benz. he has that much potential. He will succeed, just have faith.

justjohn

So, if you guys don't have the best teams, why is Salazar flapping his gums about legitimate competition?

Clearly, spanish teams as of late have been superior to EPL teams.

If there's anyone in need of "legit" competition, think it might be you guys.
Nobody cares about la liga if you remove the top two teams. Nobody

dc89

Right, gonna make my Fantasy team. Now for the past two seasons I had a no United player policy. I think that's gotta go, I tried to compete without soiling my squad last season and I was just left behind.

This is going to be painful, someone fetch me that league code.

Is it true that in Spain most football fans support their primary team, and they also support either Barca or Madrid?

In that shitty league clubs double their ticket prices when Madrid or Barca come to town and sell the tickets to fans of the big teams.

Pathetic.

Also yes that is true it's evidenced on FootyGAF - keit4 "supports" Depor but sucks Barca dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom