• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

Guys if you're still playing Master Race PS3 Fifa today, hit me a message on steam. My id is Rauhwelt.
What's his credentials? I don't spend a lot of time gaming-side, but a lot of people seem to take his word as truth, has he been right loads in the past?

He's the real deal. He knows stuff.

dc89

BPeYOrhCEAAYFQZ.jpg:large

BPeX9KnCAAIqT_f.jpg:large

Why? Two different platforms. It's not like they're playing against each other. The PS4 version could also launch with every map pack.

If its sufficiently tackling the CoD crowd, they'll buy an Xbox for it/buy it on 360, and the target market will have mainly moved onto the next big thing by the time it comes out on PS4 imo

Meier

What's his credentials? I don't spend a lot of time gaming-side, but a lot of people seem to take his word as truth, has he been right loads in the past?

He started posting here about 10 years ago and would leak NPD data to us which at the time was fucking glorious. Literally every single bit of data.

Then they cracked down even harder and he mostly just would occasionally pop up with news or confirmations, etc. He was really active in the E3 lead-up. A 100% insider.

LTWheels

An entire year? For a multiplayer-only shooter, that may as well be full exclusive

Is it worth Respawn releasing Titanfall on the PS4 a year later? Doesn't it make more sense that they march straight onto Titanfall 2, with that being XB1/PS4/PC simultaneously. The time taken to make a PS4 port of Titanfall can be better spent on the sequel across all platforms.

Linius

Money. We don't have any of those, Ajax would like some of those.

Yeah, I could see that be bump in the road :p

It's weird man, all those big clubs in the CL who have debts like crazy but keep spending. There's so much wrong in football. I find it quite surprising that Milan don't have money somewhere to spend big. Are things finally turning around? :p

Meier

If its sufficiently tackling the CoD crowd, they'll buy an Xbox for it/buy it on 360, and the target market will have mainly moved onto the next big thing by the time it comes out on PS4 imo

I think it will probably have slightly longer legs since it is MP only. I imagine they'll just release a relatively steady stream of content for it.

Look at BF3.. that still does pretty well and it's nearing 2 years old at this point.

An entire year? For a multiplayer-only shooter, that may as well be full exclusive

Depends on how well the core of the game holds up. For example TF2 is still being played (no. 2 in Steam) even after 5 years.

Not to mention Dota. The Dota 2 sequel is largely just a visual upgrade with the gameplay and even idiosyncrasies intact.

L1NETT

Is it worth Respawn releasing Titanfall on the PS4 a year later? Doesn't it make more sense that they march straight onto Titanfall 2, with that being XB1/PS4/PC simultaneously. The time taken to make a PS4 port of Titanfall can be better spent on the sequel across all platforms.

They have a separate team porting it to 360, assume they or another team might do the same for PS4

Breaking Bad is more relevant now anyways. Though I don't think he can catch up before the last bit starts :p

I wanna do it soon because I know it's only a month or two until the ending enters 'acceptable spoiler' territory like The Sixth Sense and Final Fantasy VII

@FW, :(

Linius

I wanna do it soon because I know it's only a month or two until the ending enters 'acceptable spoiler' territory like The Sixth Sense and Final Fantasy VII

The last eight episodes start airing august 12.

But I don't reckon people will spoil that in the open soon. It's just like other quality series from the past like The Sopranos or The Wire, you don't spoil that shit.

The last eight episodes start airing august 12.

But I don't reckon people will spoil that in the open soon. It's just like other quality series from the past like The Sopranos or The Wire, you don't spoil that shit.

So I have 12 weeks to watch 5 seasons. How many episodes is that?

edit: 62 episodes, 3 days off a week, 2 episodes a day, could be done in 11 weeks

Yeah, I could see that be bump in the road :p

It's weird man, all those big clubs in the CL who have debts like crazy but keep spending. There's so much wrong in football. I find it quite surprising that Milan don't have money somewhere to spend big. Are things finally turning around? :p

Well, theoretically we have a lot of money or, at least, our owner and honorary president has a lot of money. But as a club? We barely had some millions left after last fiscal year, and the Berlusconi family as a whole doesn't want to spend like they did in the old days (early 90s mostly).

Turok_TTZ

Word in madrid camp is apart from question marks in Higuain and Coentrao, we're just about done for the summer market. Tottenham going to double bale's salary will rule him out for us and thus concludes the transfer market for madrid.

62 episodes, 3 days off a week, 2 episodes a day, could be done in 11 weeks

Integrate a dozen or so episodes into my work days, and I could be caught up before the end of the run

Linius

Well, theoretically we have a lot of money or, at least, our owner and honorary president has a lot of money. But as a club? We barely had some millions left after last fiscal year, and the Berlusconi family as a whole doesn't want to spend like they did in the old days (early 90s mostly).

Yeah, the spending gotta stop at some point. Football is business and it should be like any other business. You can't spend money you don't have.

Easily doable.

I'm planning on doing the same.

You're not planning on watching the last eight episodes? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom