• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that shitty league clubs double their ticket prices when Madrid or Barca come to town and sell the tickets to fans of the big teams.

Pathetic.

Seriously? That's fucked up

@Sleepless, I can play now if you want

Can;t decide whether to drop Folklore. Its about 30 hours long from the sounds of it, and its not very fun.

rvy

Banned
tumblr_m8579vjahr1rb2y4zx1.gif

Haven't you seen how much money the EPL spent to create its Best League in the World™ tagline? Haven't you noticed the united marketing effort from all clubs and pundits? Do you think that has been cheap?

Results do not matter. It doesn't matter that English clubs are outperformed in Europe by the Spaniards and Germans, that the Bundesliga has better attendance at its games, and that Serie A is much more internally competitive. Have those leagues engaged in a marketing blitz bragging to be the Best League in the World™? No? Then shut the fuck up and accept that the EPL is the Best League in the World™.

Oh, wow. Holy shit,. Amazing post.

justjohn

Doesn't that make it even sadder those no name teams no one cares about have made bitches out of the EPL teams the last couple of years?
Chelsea won the champions league despite finishing 6th in the league.they beat bayern and Barcelona. Spurs finished above Chelsea so therefore spurs are better than bayern and Barcelona.

pulga

Banned
Most of the people on Turok's list weren't even bid on by clubs that were "linked" to them. That Madrid, Monaco, PSG, Dortmund, etc. were willing to pay massive buy-out clauses doesn't mean they're more appealing leagues. It means they were willing to stump the necessary cash.

isjaa0HyBPgSv.png

pulga

Banned
Chelsea won the champions league despite finishing 6th in the league.they beat bayern and Barcelona. Spurs finished above Chelsea so therefore spurs are better than bayern and Barcelona.

You're the second person in here to quote that travesty of a CL as some sort of merit. Have some decency, chaps.

But...what happened next? Chelsea got buttfucked by Atletico and promptly relegated to Europa League.

qindarka

Banned
You're the second person in here to quote that travesty of a CL as some sort of merit. Have some decency, chaps.

But...what happened next? Chelsea got buttfucked by Atletico and promptly relegated to Europa League.

So the CL win is less relevant than the fucking UEFA Super Cup?

Doesn't that make it even sadder those no name teams no one cares about have made bitches out of the EPL teams the last couple of years?
Because they pillage and savage every single other team in the LFP, an ecosystem drained by two leeches, lower tax brackets, backing of the municipalities, massive debt ignored by La Caixa, Santander, enormous TV revenue while the other teams fight to pay wages week to week; and lets not even talk about the re-evalution of club property under shady ciscumstances, the two teams in Spain make Berlusconi look like Mother Teresa.

pulga

Banned
So the CL win is less relevant than the fucking UEFA Super Cup?

That one is, and I've been in here since those days, stop acting as if Chelsea was the best team in Europe.

Please don't take this post as an excuse to get into the merit vs actual results discussion.

But we all know the Chelsea CL was a fucking travesty of a fluke

Because they pillage and savage every single other team in the LFP, an ecosystem drained by two leeches, lower tax brackets, backing of the municipalities, massive debt ignored by La Caixa, Santander, enormous TV revenue while the other teams fight to pay wages week to week; and lets not even talk about the re-evalution of club property under shady ciscumstances, the two teams in Spain make Berlusconi look like Mother Teresa.

tumblr_m0bekw00H91qitfvdo1_500.gif

Moobabe

Well we won the EL as well.

Since 2000 Spain have had 5 Finalists (4 of them Barca)
Germany 6 (3 in the last 2 years)
Italy 5 (None since 09/10)
England 8

But don't worry about it guys, EPL sucks.

Marca are now saying Higuain has his heart set on Arsenal and expects us to agree a fee in the coming days.

It's probably not true, and tbh I suspect most of what's been reported over the past few days regarding Higuain isn't true either.

and then you go on to talk about some pre season friendly against Atletico and Uniteds Europe League game. It is good to see Real supporters be proud of the other la liga teams though, when you can't be proud of your own underperforming team, you go should always fall back on cheering for the nations teams.

Enjoy the season of French Bendtner and some unproven kid up front, the getting knocked out by shitty french team tradition will finally come back.

#returnofthegentlemenclub

That one is, and I've been in here since those days, stop acting as if Chelsea was the best team in Europe.

Please don't take this post as an excuse to get into the merit vs actual results discussion.

The only team from La Liga to do something in the CL is Barca.

And that's cos they've been crushing up drugs and ventilating them through Messi's AC since he was 10.

That's not even a fluke, it's just plain cheating.

L1NETT

Haha I don't care about your EPL whining, but no team has ever won a cup by fluke. That is madness.

Every team has luck as well getting to a final. And why was it a travesty? Sounds more bitter than anything really. But hey, different strokes for different folks and all that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tarzanpuyol I thought you support Barca man, that was fucking brutal.
KuGsj.gif

-

No league is better than the other. You need luck to progress in the CL, I don't see how you can judge a whole fucking league with 18-20 teams based on THAT only.

JWong

Banned

You're right. Chelsea is actually the BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE!

Haha I don't care about your EPL whining, but no team has ever won a cup by fluke. That is madness.

Every team has luck as well getting to a final. And why was it a travesty? Sounds more bitter than anything really. But hey, different strokes for different folks and all that.

Precisely. Unless you get a remarkably easy cup run or the opposition are thrown out, or you get endless poor decisions going your way

Thinking back on it, Chelsea's tactics against Barca and Bayern were exactly the same tactics used by Hodgson in England's harder games

Suen

Biabiany delivered more assists than Lulic, interesting.

@Suen, how good/shit is he?
Great and shit. He was subpar last season in comparison to the ones before it. I'll be honest and say that the guy has potential, when he is playing his game right he can be very threatening against any lots of teams, especially with his good pace. Guy is fast and has lots of endurance but looking back at the last season his pace is the only thing that seems to be left in him so yeah not that good at the moment. Last season he'd barely run into the opposition's defense, barely tried to get through them. Whether he's just lost his motivation, confidence or skills I don't know. Probably need a good kick in the butt to get back into the game again.

The general consensus among many Parma fans is that we should keep him for another season now that we have Cassano so that he may step up his game with Cassano and I agree with that.

qindarka

Banned

How was Chelsea's CL win a travesty. It was won entirely legitimately without help from officiating.* Even Bayern benefited from shoddy refereeing last year and I don't even need to get started on Barca's recent wins.

*Well, I guess there was that handball against Benfica.

Enjoy getting your team ripped apart by Jose and watching Mata rot on the bench when he inevitably spills his guts to Iker, who'll OBVIOUSLY report it all to Sara.

Where did you hear that Jose will bench Mata? Marca?

pulga

Banned
Well we won the EL as well.

Since 2000 Spain have had 5 Finalists (4 of them Barca)
Germany 6 (3 in the last 2 years)
Italy 5 (None since 09/10)
England 8

But don't worry about it guys, EPL sucks.

13 years, eh? That's a nice fucking cushion.

Try living a bit in the present, where your former champ and current runner up can't even get out of the group stage.

The only team from La Liga to do something in the CL is Barca.

And that's cos they've been crushing up drugs and ventilating them through Messi's AC since he was 10.

That's not even a fluke, it's just plain cheating.

I can't argue against this!

and then you go on to talk about some pre season friendly against Atletico and Uniteds Europe League game. It is good to see Real supporters be proud of the other la liga teams though, when you can't be proud of your own underperforming team, you go should always fall back on cheering for the nations teams.

Enjoy the season of French Bendtner and some unproven kid up front, the getting knocked out by shitty french team tradition will finally come back.

#returnofthegentlemenclub

Enjoy getting your team ripped apart by Jose and watching Mata rot on the bench when he inevitably spills his guts to Iker, who'll OBVIOUSLY report it all to Sara.

tarzanpuyol I thought you support Barca man, that was fucking brutal.
KuGsj.gif

-

No league is better than the other. You need luck to progress in the CL, I don't see how you can judge a whole fucking league with 18-20 teams based on THAT only.

I do but I cant turn a blind eye to the shitty system, I just cant stand people living in a lie. These kids think that the LFP is the best shit in the world, it was at some point, back when the game wasnt rigged.

What other team in the world gets a player like Ronaldo and not make a single payment for 2 years (fully funded by Santander) and carry a 500 millon euro debt, and Barsa today you have Faus bs'ing about the 32 million profit, seriously? Have we forgotten about the 10 million we still owe inter, the 15 we still owe Palermo, the 20 we still owe Arsenal, half of the Barcelona squad isnt paid for.

13 years, eh? That's a nice fucking cushion.

Try living a bit in the present, where your former champ and current runner up can't even get out of the group stage.

We've had a team in the final more recently than Spain, and Liverpool have been in two and won one since you cunts even came close to winning it

rvy

Banned
How was Chelsea's CL win a travesty. It was won entirely legitimately without help from officiating.* Even Bayern benefited from shoddy refereeing last year and I don't even need to get started on Barca's recent wins.

*Well, I guess there was that handball against Benfica.

tumblr_m8s2kvHFFb1qbxoek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom