• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Any of you guys have experience with jailbroken iDevices?

Im fucking stuck in recovery mode after trying to upgrade to the newest iOS to get rid of my jailbreak :(

HT1808-connect_to_itunes-002-en.png

Thats the screen Im stuck at.

L´Equipe says that Monaco made a 10M€ bid for Rui Patricio. They can go fuck themselves, they helped Porto screw us on the Moutinho deal so nothing less than 15M€ and even that is being a bit too generous.

Meier

If Arsenal really do buy Suarez and smash their record transfer fee by that much (wouldn't that be like 2.5x it even?), I would be utterly amazed but kind of happy for their fans. They'd be a dangerous club, but I don't think they'd necessarily challenge for first even with Suarez.

Feorax

Well now then, things get interesting. If he doesn't go for this amount, then I expect he won't go at all, because it means the fabled £40 million buyout clause is bullshit.

Next 24-48 hours will be very interesting indeed.

Fergie

Banned
Any of you guys have experience with jailbroken iDevices?

Im fucking stuck in recovery mode after trying to upgrade to the newest iOS to get rid of my jailbreak :(

Thats the screen Im stuck at.
Gonna have to recovery it, in iTunes, you don't just install newest iOS while jail broken.

So plug into iTunes and restore it to latest, you're gonna have to re-download everything.

I use 15GB iCloud so I don't lose shit if I restore.

If Arsenal really do buy Suarez and smash their record transfer fee by that much (wouldn't that be like 2.5x it even?), I would be utterly amazed but kind of happy for their fans. They'd be a dangerous club, but I don't think they'd necessarily challenge for first even with Suarez.

It'd be awesome, an expensive flashy signing and an absolute cunt to boot. Exactly what Arsenal need imo.

Kind of thinking we should sell him for £42m

That would pay for Soldado, put a dent in Bernard, and alleviate us of the 6 game ban/controversy

@Fergie, only if you've already started the game I think

Fergie

Banned

That would pay for Soldado, put a dent in Bernard, and alleviate us of the 6 game ban/controversy

Lol, Sony pls. Should patch anything you install without playing.

Arsenal with Suarez would be hilarious.

Suen

Sevilla are going to have a dangerous strikeforce with Gamiero and Bacca.

I'm surprised Tottenham or other EPL clubs weren't interested in Gamiero. He was available for 7.5 mil euros.
Needed to replace Negredo with someone. I like Sevilla so I hope these guys will do a good job.

Feorax

The cash means jack shit unless we can convince the players to come here. We could have £200 million to spend and still not get Bernard or Soldado.

Makes no sense for us to accept that offer from Arsenal unless we contractually have to.

Tegris

I would hope that we would laugh at a £42m bid by another English club, particularly a potential rival for 4th. I genuinely think he's worth more to us than he would be to Arsenal, so I can't see any movement being likely.

He'd better play tonight though - I didn't get up 4am for nothing, Luis.

K1LLER7

Didn't see the United match. What a shit time. How did Adnan, Kagawa and Zaha play?
Really looking forward to watching Zaha next season. Love that he's always trying to trick his way past defenders. We've missed having that since Ronaldo left.

Adnan is still raw. Good couple of touches but he still needs to develop. Kagawa only played the last 25 or so minutes. Game was really boring in the 2nd half.

Dazzler

I'd accept 42 mill for Suarez

On the condition Brenty gets ALL the cash +20 mill more to reinvest

Liverpool have just about broken even on their dealings so far this summer so the cash is there

Hixx

"I'm sure that Giaccherini will impress everybody," he said. "There is no doubting his technical quality as a footballer in general. He will be one of the best players in this League, because in the last two or three years he was one of the best players in one of the best national teams in the world. In the [FIFA] Confederations Cup he was one of the most positive players. He's a very humble guy."

Paolo pls

I am seriously looking forward to seeing Sess, Giak and AJ linking up though. I don't think we will be as INCREDIBLY FUCKING NEGATIVE as we were last season... two full backs and a central midfielder and I will be excited.

The cash means jack shit unless we can convince the players to come here. We could have £200 million to spend and still not get Bernard or Soldado.

Makes no sense for us to accept that offer from Arsenal unless we contractually have to.

I imagine we've asked Soldado if he'd be willing to move to us. if the answer is yes, that puts us in a difficult situation. Wait for more money for Suarez, or sell him now, while the last top striker is still available. Plus, it would kill two birds with one stone by denying Spurs the chance to buy him.

If we don;t have a replacement properly lined up, we should absolutely bat away all offers under £50m imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom