• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Do we have any indication what it is?

In the Guardian article Rodgers is quoted as matching Suarez up to Cavani, who went for £55 million.

Torres valuation is a bare minimum; Suarez is a better player and from an image perspective we won't sell for less.

I was confused due to the Guardian reporting that Suarez could talk to Wenger, which I didn't think was possible. I assumed you only have to inform him.
Players technically aren't allowed to negotiate with new clubs without their old club's blessing. We're now obliged to tell Suarez of the interest and allow him to speak to Wenger, if he so wishes, but it by no means forces us to accept the £40 million price. The club's comfortable with the situation, there is no magical fee that takes the situation from our grasp.

If Arsenal produced a bid of £55 million I reckon we'd accept, but we wouldn't have to. At that point it'd just be better to take the ridiculous money on the table.

Wilbur

Banned
Nothing has made me laugh so hard in recent footyGAF history than watching posters discuss Neighbours in depth without irony :lol :lol :lol :lol

34950627.jpg

LOL

LTWheels

Nothing has made me laugh so hard in recent footyGAF history than watching posters discuss Neighbours in depth without irony :lol :lol :lol :lol

:)

Don't know why I enjoy it. It's literally the only regular TV show I watch any more. Everything else I want to watch, I watch now and again online. I have it Sky Plus-ed, series linked.

I'm in deep, and I'm not ashamed.

Clegg

What add ons could Arsenal offer though?

Champions League qualification? May as well just pay them the extra £7m straight up then.

Wilbur

Banned
If he moved to Arsenal it would reflect poorly on him and Liverpool; him for moving to a club barely making champions league and not in the hunt for titles despite his comments in the media, Liverpool for moving from them to a league rival barely making champions league and not in the hunt for titles despite his comments in the media

I think he might, if Arsenal keep increasing their bid.

He won't go for this bid, though. We've already rejected it.

If it's £55m that Liverpool want, I dunno...I can't see them bidding that much. Then again I couldn't have imagined them bidding £40m...but still...£55m, from Arsenal...that's nuts.

Feorax

It genuinely makes more sense for us to let him rot in the reserves a la Malouda, rather than sell to Arsenal. Hell, it makes more sense to sell to Man Utd rather than Arsenal, given what we're aiming to do.

Hey we put up with all of The Last of Us stuff. I agree though, the intricate plot really needs it's own OT for discussion. Just me and LTwheels :lol

Speaking of TLoU I ordered it last night, barely any time to play it right now though, should get round to it in a week or two.

Wilbur

Banned
if arsenal spend 40 million on suarez then they are in the hunt for titles though

It's a statement of intent in a way I suppose, but when he's spoke so often about demonisation from the English media, about his love for Liverpool or whatever, he just looks a bit of a berk. And it's not good for pool if their best player moves to a club that are actively obstructing where Liverpool want to be.

Salvadora

Arsenal signing Suarez would be a statement of intent.

It would make all the talk of making up the numbers and not challenging for the title irrelevant.

Suarez & Cazorla making up a proper naughty two sided triangle.
It's a statement of intent in a way I suppose, but when he's spoke so often about demonisation from the English media, about his love for Liverpool or whatever, he just looks a bit of a berk. And it's not good for pool if their best player moves to a club that are actively obstructing where Liverpool want to be.
He is already in the doghouse, to be fair.

I hope it happens, if they pay £50m for Luis than there's nothing stoping us from getting Fabregas.

Woodward will just bid the entire £100m and get it sorted.

Yen

I'd rather have Bernard + Soldado than Suarez, so would be ok with Suarez leaving, but not keen on him going to Arsenal. Want this sorry saga over though.

If he moved to Arsenal it would reflect poorly on him and Liverpool; him for moving to a club barely making champions league and not in the hunt for titles despite his comments in the media, Liverpool for moving from them to a league rival barely making champions league and not in the hunt for titles despite his comments in the media

Plus his whole paparazzi whinge.

Wilbur

Banned
I said it about Thiago, will change it to Fabregas. If we get him I'll whatsapp everyone here a video of me fingering my arsehole

Arnie

If it's £55m that Liverpool want, I dunno...I can't see them bidding that much. Then again I couldn't have imagined them bidding £40m...but still...£55m, from Arsenal...that's nuts.

I can't see it myself, but like you said, I couldn't see them bidding £40 million.

Weird one for Suarez, though. I'd have thought he could move to a club that's actually in the hunt for silverware. He's announced himself to the world now, and it seems so odd that he'd want to make his last big move to Arsenal. By the time he moves on from there he'd be 29, minimum. He doesn't have the same benefits as Falcao.

So, as expected, it's not a release clause. I can't see it happening then.

Hopefully the Bernard stories are true, and Napoli take their time deciding whether to pay Real's valuation for Higuain.

I can't see it myself, but like you said, I couldn't see them bidding £40 million.

Weird one for Suarez, though. I'd have thought he could move to a club that's actually in the hunt for silverware. He's announced himself to the world now, and it seems so odd that he'd want to make his last big move to Arsenal. By the time he moves on from there he'd be 29, minimum. He doesn't have the same benefits as Falcao.

David Ornstein of BBC says he expects to be at a CL club next season and has "other options". Could be bollocks...but, assuming it isn't and just for the sake of wasting time...

Would Liverpool fans rather sell him for say £35m to Real Madrid instead of selling him to Arsenal for £45m. (Or 40 Madrid, 55 Arsenal etc..)

I really can't see Suarez leaving Liverpool to another PL club. Unless of course all that stuff about the English media being the problem was a bullshit excuse... Wait.

Still, despite what people are saying about Arsenal spending big this window I don't think they'll give them the amount they'll ask for him.

How many fingers Wilbur? This is important.

Empty

he's obviously a little shit, but i do think arsenal are a genuine step up if there's no bid from a really elite club like madrid

i definitely agree that selling him to arsenal would be disastrous for liverpool though. unless suarez makes his position at the club absolutely unteneable or arsenal offer silly money there's no reason to do it.

David Ornstein of BBC says he expects to be at a CL club next season and has "other options". Could be bollocks...but, assuming it isn't and just for the sake of wasting time...

Would Liverpool fans rather sell him for say £35m to Real Madrid instead of selling him to Arsenal for £45m. (Or 40 Madrid, 55 Arsenal etc..)

I would rather sell him to Real Madrid for £35 or 40 million.

:lol

a) we won't

and

b) don't be so fickle

I'm just getting tired of us selling our big players so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom