• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

So, guys, how much would Liverpool realistically sell Suarez for?

Oh my fucking god, Crookel Messi has apparently said this: "Qué linda sorpresa que haya sido elegido Martino como técnico de este equipo".

"Its such a nice surprise that Martino has been selected as manager of this team"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

1374601407_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

So legendary, plays it off so cool. Even Martino himself just said Messi had a massive part in him becoming coach :lol

Feorax

You could buy Soldado and a few other players, and really strengthen that squad.

We have to convince them to come though, which is the problem.

I agree that a Torres-esque bid would make us sell to anyone, but I think you're confused as to what that actually is.

A Torres-esque bid is something wildly above expectations that it floors us into saying 'yes'. This £50+ million figure that we value Luis at isn't of the tectonic value as that which we received for Torres in 2010. It's simply how good he is and how much we value him. Torres wasn't close to being one of the best strikers in the world when we sold him to Chelsea, he'd been in the mire for months, and had injuries galore. £50 million was madness.

It's the £60 - £70 million bracket that is thermonuclear Russian oligarch 'I don't give a fuck' territory, and I don't think Arsenal will spend that on this one player.

Also, to clarify, our sports science team didn't expect Torres to pass his medical at Chelsea. That's how fucke he was when the £50 million offer came in.

FootballFan

Official squad that was selected for the Bayern friendly:

Pinto, Oier, Montoya, Bartra, Mascherano, Adriano, Song, Sergi Roberto, Dos Santos, Messi, Tello, Alexis, Sergi Gómez, Planas, Joan Román, Dani Nieto, Quintillà, Samper, Ilie, Patric, Dongou, Espinosa, and Kiko Femenía.

Arnie

:lol

The funniest thing about the £40,000,001 bid was that Arsene clearly thought he was triggering a release clause.

Just imagine the look on his face when the offer is rejected.

loooool

Pinto, Oier, Montoya, Bartra, Mascherano, Adriano, Song, Sergi Roberto, Dos Santos, Messi, Tello, Alexis, Sergi Gómez, Planas, Joan Román, Dani Nieto, Quintillà, Samper, Ilie, Patric, Dongou, Espinosa, and Kiko Femenía.

Is Fabregas injured?

Wilbur

Banned
What an odd clause to have in a contract. Fucking sneaky Wenger taking a quid out his Asda trolley and popping it in the Luis piggy bank

Randdalf

£40,000,000 for a guy who is invariably banned for a large number of games a season due to various on field incidents? He might be a quality player, but I don't think that's a wise investment.

bobito

Banned

Is song your backup midfielder now?

Arnie

What an odd clause to have in a contract. Fucking sneaky Wenger taking a quid out his Asda trolley and popping it in the Luis piggy bank

I bet he texted Pat Rice beforehand, between giggles.

'I is going to frooow an eggstra poWnd in zer Patteeeeeee'

I meant Torres-esque in the literal sense of a £50m+ price. And I think you'd have no qualms selling to us if you got that.
Then you're a fruitloop.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Arsenal should be buying him if I'm honest.

If I was Wenger, I'd make a 10m bid for Diego Lopez, activate Fellaini's release clause and then go for a proper wide option like Bernard. Could spend 50m and probably still have some left over for a centre back. I reckon Giroud will score a bunch this season despite him being a bit shit.

I don't think Arsenal should be buying him if I'm honest.

If I was Wenger, I'd make a 10m bid for Diego Lopez, activate Fellaini's release clause and then go for a proper wide option like Bernard. Could spend 50m and probably still have some left over for a centre back. I reckon Giroud will score a bunch this season despite him being a bit shit.
They need a quality striker.

Higuain would have done for now...but I don't think Giroud/Podolski/Walcott is enough.

ATF487

He really did fuck up.

And he's been fucking up for months.

I agree that a Torres-esque bid would make us sell to anyone, but I think you're confused as to what that actually is.

A Torres-esque bid is something wildly above expectations that it floors us into saying 'yes'. This £50+ million figure that we value Luis at isn't of the tectonic value as that which we received for Torres in 2010. It's simply how good he is and how much we value him. Torres wasn't close to being one of the best strikers in the world when we sold him to Chelsea, he'd been in the mire for months, and had injuries galore. £50 million was madness.

It's the £60 - £70 million bracket that is thermonuclear Russian oligarch 'I don't give a fuck' territory, and I don't think Arsenal will spend that on this one player.

Torres was injury prone but he still looked to be a decent player before the move. That 2 goal game against Chelsea springs to mind

Arnie

Torres was injury prone but he still looked to be a decent player before the move. That 2 goal game against Chelsea springs to mind

That's about it.

Two goals.

He scored a decentish goal against Wigan, and did well being fed by his teammates against Wolves.

He certainly did not look decent, he looked shockingly off the pace.

Wilbur

Banned
They need a quality striker.

Higuain would have done for now...but I don't think Giroud/Podolski/Walcott is enough.

A better striker than they have would certainly help, but I think they have more pressing matters everywhere else on the pitch. Walcott and Giroud are not top quality but they still score a fair amount. Get a proper winger instead of playing a striker out wide, get a tough bastard to help out Arteta and get a goalkeeper that has more talent than a piece of toast.

Hahaha

FootballFan

Is song your backup midfielder now?

Kinda, but more likely Sergi Roberto. If Cesc is sold(which he won't be) Roberto/Song will be the only players who can replace Xavi/Iniesta(which is why Cesc won't be sold).

Rafinha has been loaned out. Afellay is injured. Dos Santos is shit. So yeah. Song and Roberto are the only real backups for the moment.

When do they rejoin? (lazy fucks)

End of the month I believe, or 1st of August.

Not really that sure on that.

bobito

Banned
Kinda, but more likely Sergi Roberto. If Cesc is sold(which he won't be) Roberto/Song will be the only players who can replace Xavi/Iniesta(which is why Cesc won't be sold).

Rafinha has been loaned out. Afellay is injured. Dos Santos is shit. So yeah. Song and Roberto are the only real backups for the moment.

Yeah, especially with your midfielder fetish, surely you guys should be looking for a new mid rather then selling?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
363 - Luis Suarez had more touches in the opposition box than Olivier Giroud (182) & Theo Walcott (166) combined in the 2012-13 PL.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it hard to masturbate when you stare at thumbnails of destroyed pussy all day long?

That's what I feel like reading Eurosport's transfer ticker

Shagwell

I've been saying for a while now that if it can be concluded swiftly for the right price and that adequate new signings are lined up, Suarez can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

I have been watching the Liverpool season review (withdrawals) though and you do forget just how fucking good he is when all you're thinking about is his racial-slur, player-biting, press-whinging antics. He literally carried the team single-handedly up until late January. It was pretty ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom