• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel; Zaccardo-Bonera-Mexes-Constant; Poli-Cristante-Nocerino; Urby; Robinho-Petagna

LOOOOOOOOOOOL Allegri is a troll, keeping on Nocerino. C'mon son.

Happy to see Cristante, Poli and Petagna out there.

Wilbur

Banned
I really can't see Suarez leaving Liverpool to another PL club. Unless of course all that stuff about the English media being the problem was a bullshit excuse... Wait.

Still, despite what people are saying about Arsenal spending big this window I don't think they'll give them the amount they'll ask for him.

How many fingers Wilbur? This is important.

One finger and that's it. Fucking hell, I'll only put my whole arm up there if we get Ronaldo

I will however, if we get Bale, eat a bit of Pot Noodle off my cock with my favourite fork

Feorax

Would Liverpool fans rather sell him for say £35m to Real Madrid instead of selling him to Arsenal for £45m. (Or 40 Madrid, 55 Arsenal etc..)

I'd ideally much prefer outside of the PL, but to be honest, money isn't the problem.

We're having enough trouble getting a player in to play alongside Suarez, nevermind to replace him. I think in an ideal world, a cash plus player swap is our best case scenario.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd ideally much prefer outside of the PL, but to be honest, money isn't the problem.

We're having enough trouble getting a player in to play alongside Suarez, nevermind to replace him. I think in an ideal world, a cash plus player swap is our best case scenario.

Suarez & 80m for Gervinho. Bargain.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BP44mnBCAAIgWaY.jpg

tevez-fat.jpg

Looking good, Tevez.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh yeah I forgot Woodward went back on urgent business

Probably had to meet a bloke in Dulwich he'd sold his Punto to on Gumtree, the fucking cunt quilt

Arnie

I can't see Arsenal stopping now anyway.

I don't really see Liverpool accepting any bid from Arsenal, to be honest.

I think we'd accept the valuation from the likes of Real, because he's out of sight then, but Arsenal are the one team in the top four who're truly vulnerable, so it makes no sense to deal with them if we're not obliged to, which we aren't.

Clegg

Any updates on Cesc?

Woodward has been here for nearly a week. He needs to get it sorted.
I'm wondering why we haven't expressed more interest in Fellaini.

Surely we would have signed him by now if we were really interested? He'd walk into our midfield and be a guaranteed starter.

Feorax

The simple conversation to have with Suarez over this is to sit him down and say "if you're as good as you think you are, and think you'd be a valuable asset to a CL club, then why aren't we getting bids the same size as your mate Cavani? Because other clubs don't think you're worth the trouble. Play another season here and prove them wrong."

bobito

Banned
I'm wondering why we haven't expressed more interest in Fellaini.

Surely we would have signed him by now if we were really interested? He'd walk into our midfield and be a guaranteed starter.

He's a starter at Barca, 5th highest starts last season

That means Arsenal would be outspending us.

We can't allow that, horse.

No way bro. Arsene would let Roon eat all the pies because he can't man manage for shit.

Then we'd have a £200 million transfer kitty and will be able to buy Garay, James McCarthy and pay off Bebe's HMRC bill.

The simple conversation to have with Suarez over this is to sit him down and say "if you're as good as you think you are, and think you'd be a valuable asset to a CL club, then why aren't we getting bids the same size as your mate Cavani? Because other clubs don't think you're worth the trouble. Play another season here and prove them wrong."

That kind of posturing won't work, people had been bidding for Cavani for more than just one transfer window, eventually somebody was dumb enough to cave. I imagine It's pretty hard to motivate a player who wants to leave in that way, especially when he knows people do want him.

Liverpool should just be up front, we will sell you if we get a bid for X amount, otherwise we're not selling you, suck it up.

Sounds like that's what Rodgers has told him anyway.

Feorax

I think the one thing we know for certain from all of this is that Pere Guardiola's lawyer fucked up with the advice on that contract clause.

Salvadora

I don't really see Liverpool accepting any bid from Arsenal, to be honest.

I think we'd accept the valuation from the likes of Real, because he's out of sight then, but Arsenal are the one team in the top four who're truly vulnerable, so it makes no sense to deal with them if we're not obliged to, which we aren't.
I think you've a point, but I think a Torres-esque bid would make you sell to anyone. Media reports have indicated that Arsenal's transfer kitty is pretty huge, and the club has total faith in Wenger.
Arsene has forgot how to buy big players the suarez bid is clearly misguided.
I think it's pretty fair game.

So far there's been £30m (maybe slightly more) bid, and this one of £42m. Just the way transfers go.

Same, I think Arsenal won't be able to afford him and Real will turn their attentions to Suarez once they get off the phone to Daniel Levy.

And with the sale of Higauin we know Real can afford it.

I expect again Real Madrid are scared of being in a situation where Bale is available but they cannot afford him.

edit: which is stupid for obvious reasons

Clegg

I can respect Arsenal for increasing their bid by £10m.

We're onto our third bid now and we're still pussyfooting around with only an extra £9m increase and add-ons since our first bid.

bobito

Banned

So far there's been £30m (maybe slightly more) bid, and this one of £42m. Just the way transfers go.

You're probably the team Liverpool would least like to sell to, must bump that price up.

I can respect Arsenal for increasing their bid by £10m.

We're onto our third bid now and we're still pussyfooting around with only an extra £9m increase and add-ons since our first bid.

Offer Anderson player ex

pulga

Banned
Oh my fucking god, Crookel Messi has apparently said this: "Qué linda sorpresa que haya sido elegido Martino como técnico de este equipo".

"Its such a nice surprise that Martino has been selected as manager of this team"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

1374601407_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Oh my fucking god, Crookel Messi has apparently said this: "Qué linda sorpresa que haya sido elegido Martino como técnico de este equipo".

"Its such a nice surprise that Martino has been selected as manager of this team"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

1374601407_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Looooooooool.

That's a good troll, Messi is a pretty funny guy it seems.

Arnie

I think the one thing we know for certain from all of this is that Pere Guardiola's lawyer fucked up with the advice on that contract clause.
He really did fuck up.

And he's been fucking up for months.
I think you've a point, but I think a Torres-esque bid would make you sell to anyone. Media reports have indicated that Arsenal's transfer kitty is pretty huge, and the club has total faith in Wenger.

I agree that a Torres-esque bid would make us sell to anyone, but I think you're confused as to what that actually is.

A Torres-esque bid is something wildly above expectations that it floors us into saying 'yes'. This £50+ million figure that we value Luis at isn't of the tectonic value as that which we received for Torres in 2010. It's simply how good he is and how much we value him. Torres wasn't close to being one of the best strikers in the world when we sold him to Chelsea, he'd been in the mire for months, and had injuries galore. £50 million was madness.

It's the £60 - £70 million bracket that is thermonuclear Russian oligarch 'I don't give a fuck' territory, and I don't think Arsenal will spend that on this one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom