• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Wenger popping one quid coins under his foreskin

brchRYW.gif

FootballFan

Yeah, especially with your midfielder fetish, surely you guys should be looking for a new mid rather then selling?

Nah won't look to buy mids, only CBs. Afellay, Cesc, Roberto and Song is good enough imo. And Dos Santos if you count him, but he is shit.

If Cesc is sold though, then definitely need to find someone..lol

Man Utd would have had a much better chance at landing Cesc if Thiago wasn't sold. Now it's too late and a waste of time, should just go for Fellaini or Osman.

Wilbur

Banned
What are they saying in the Milan game?

Nice to see De Jong back in action. Always rated him, one of the best pure DMs in Europe

Slizz

Liverpool are never going to get what Suarez is 'worth'. Might as well keep him an then eventually sell for whatever you can get.

Salvadora

There's the possibility that Arsenal made the £40,000,001 bid just to get permission to speak to Suarez.

I'm still in disbelief that there's even the possibility of his agent not knowing specific information about his contract.

flippedb

Banned
What are they saying in the Milan game?

Nice to see De Jong back in action. Always rated him, one of the best pure DMs in Europe
Constant left the field because of racist chants against him.

What I don't get is why is Allegri subbing everyone and putting just black players in. They're getting shit, Allegri, don't put them on the spot!

And Sassuolo scored lol

dc89

Mourinho on City and the new signings:

Navas & Negredo are world champions, Euro champions, both 27. Jovetic, for more than 2 years, has been one of the best in Italy.

Fernandinho is more than that because he has more experience, a national team player. I think they more than ready for the PL.

They are players at the top of their careers, experienced but still young, so I think they've [City] bought very, very well.

That doesn't surprise me b/c City have money to buy, but also the knowledge. They have people that know a lot about football.

Wilbur

Banned
He's a useless footballer and defensive midfield is a stupid position.

:lol. I think he's an intelligent footballer in terms of knowing his job around the pitch, how to shield a defence, how to set a tone for a team's performance, and how to harry and hassle opposition players tirelessly. I like him.

As for def mid not being a position, well... every position's arbitrary as fuck really. In the hole. Deep lying playmaker. Whatever. Makelele was certainly a defensive midfielder, i.e. he did far more defensive work in midfield and shielding the back four than he did attacking

Zabojnik

I thought their President was a huge Milan fan and best buddies with Berlusconi? Am I thinking of another club?

Sassuolo's new sporting director was at Juve for the past three years and he's best buddies with Paratici (of Marotta & Paratici LTD). They even played football together, I think. The president himself is a Milan fan, yeah. Hopefully they won't fuck us over for Berardi.

Wilbur

Banned
Reading FC lolol.

Need to pick a premier league team for this season, stuck between spurs and arsenal.

No you don't! Just update us all with Adkins news, I miss him already.

We did have another Reading fan, immy, but I think he got perma'd or something.

:lol. I think he's an intelligent footballer in terms of knowing his job around the pitch, how to shield a defence, how to set a tone for a team's performance, and how to harry and hassle opposition players tirelessly. I like him.

As for def mid not being a position, well... every position's arbitrary as fuck really. In the hole. Deep lying playmaker. Whatever. Makelele was certainly a defensive midfielder, i.e. he did far more defensive work in midfield and shielding the back four than he did attacking

Would you want United to play with a holding midfielder? Not a chance.

Wilbur

Banned
Would you want United to play with a holding midfielder? Not a chance.

If they were of Makelele's quality, yes. Carrick's a holding midfielder anyway. If he isn't busting a gut to get into the box, if he isn't coming out wide and stretching play, basically if he's holding his position in the centre of midfield... he's a holding midfielder.

Salvadora

Podolski: "Suarez is a big player. He's scored a lot of goals. But it's not my decision to speak about this. It's a decision for the coach."
I think we'll see more of the guys come out in the next few weeks.

Surprised we've got a comment so quickly :lol.

Lightning

Banned
Am I the only Arsenal fan who wants Suarez at Arsenal? Are you guys insane? Suarez at Arsenal would be amazing but hopefully we get Bernard as well. Lots of reports from brazil on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom