• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

I have a feeling Jesus Navas is going to make the biggest impact of all the new signings for City and he was their first signing this summer.

Salvadora

City may have way overspent for the players they bought, but they've almost certainly bought in quality. Of course any signing can be a failure but on the surface City's squad has improved quite a bit with the players they have signed.

They have the ability to hit the ground running having finished signings this early. They've been quiet and determined.

No running around Europe like a headless chicken.

Thinking about i,t City haven't made any massive £40m+ purchases, which is odd considerig they were the first team to be taken over by the Sheikh-types

Meier

City are kinda weird sometimes about announcing transfer dealings. Waited quite awhile to announce Maicon going even after he was already training with Roma. Obviously the Navas thing took ages. Chelsea always post once they've agreed, etc. but City wait it out.

rodvik

Thinking about i,t City haven't made any massive £40m+ purchases, which is odd considerig they were the first team to be taken over by the Sheikh-types

I think they have had a very sensible transfer window so far. There seems to be a change in tone from that club from the manager down. I like it.

Be a bit weird with just width down Navas's side. Silva left wing?

Is Nasri staying?

At Malaga I think Isco used to play wide-left but drifting in. Could be similar to that.

I think Nasri is staying but I except City will try to sell some players now to recoup some money...Nasri could be one of those.

I think they have had a very sensible transfer window so far. There seems to be a change in tone from that club from the manager down. I like it.
I think they've bought well but their net spend is still something like £90m.

That is alot of money.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:((((

franco.gif
That's me atm

With rat poison in that burger

rodvik

At Malaga I think Isco used to play wide-left but drifting in. Could be similar to that.

I think Nasri is staying but I except City will try to sell some players now to recoup some money...Nasri could be one of those.

I think they've bought well but their net spend is still something like £90m.

That is alot of money.

Oh yeah dont get me wrong, they are spending a lot. But I think the purchases seem shrewder imho.

Salvadora

Yup. Pretty much done in January apparently. If Mancini was there now, he'd be a City player I think.

I can't say that I'm not disappointed, to be honest.

Whilst City's signings have been positive, Cavani has the 'wow' factor. English clubs are not signing enough of those.

dc89

Which do you prefer? Cavani and Mancini or Pellegrini and the signings you've gotten so far?

Real Madrid?

Hard to say really! I can't judge Pellegrini yet, but seeing what the players are saying I think he's going to be good.

One things for certain, I like not reading about Marwood every day.

I can't say that I'm not disappointed, to be honest.

Whilst City's signings have been positive, Cavani has the 'wow' factor. English clubs are not signing enough of those.

We never have tbh.

Not sure why. Alot of the players just don't find the PL that enticing I guess. I mean the very best players will always have their choice of clubs and it just seems like they'll all prefer the other European giants.

Our league is still the best ever though. No doubt.

Meier

Manchester City pre-Pellegrini were dead set on signing Cavani, apparently.

Mancini wanted him even back when he was at Inter... he was a very long-term admirer apparently. City brass wouldn't sanction the huge £54-£55m buy though regardless of the manager.

Tevez's fee has always been disputed but City came out and said the £45m report was incorrect. The DM said earlier today that City paid £26m to MSI (they had a little story on all our strikers since 2007 and their goals per million comparison -- it wasn't pretty mostly).

sohois

Chelsea and City have both had their share of 'wow' signings, Hazard and Aguero being recent examples.

Anyways, City squad then:

-------------------------------------------Hart-----------------------------
Zaba/Richards--Kompany/Rodwell--Nastasic/Lescott--Clichy/Kolarov
------------------------Yaya/Garcia---Fernandinho/Barry-----------------------
Silva/Milner-----------------Jovetic/Negredo-------------------Navas/Nasri
---------------------------------Aguero/Dzeko-------------------------------------

I'm probably forgetting one or two, and they definitely need another CB instead of Rodwell, but otherwise a very strong squad.

Meier

I'm probably forgetting one or two, and they definitely need another CB instead of Rodwell, but otherwise a very strong squad.
I know that Pellegrini started Javi at CB in the first friendly. He's on the pitch now but the text updates I'm following didn't mention who he replaced. He was initially brought in as kind of a poor man's DDR who could play as CB sometimes in a 3-5-2 so perhaps he'll use him there on occasion more often. I guess we'll see. Apparently we are offering Lescott a 1 year extension but I guess we'll see if he takes it. Probably wants more first team football with the WC next season.

The links with Pepe continue to persist but I'd rather we buy someone cheaper and/or younger. £15-20m on a 30+ year old CB is insane especially if it'd stunt Nastasic's development.

Is Deus Ex Human Revolution worth $2.99?

Great, great game. Highly recommended. $2.99 is ridiculous.

Nyx

FC Differdange 03 - FC Utrecht 2:1

Fuck this shit...

Hopefully we can turn it around at home but damn this is bad...

Rad-

30 mils is much but I have always liked Jovetic. I would have gotten him at United, even at that price.

Salvadora

I'm not sure I consider Hazard a 'wow' signing. Hazard, while expensive ,strikes me as a very typical EPL signing. A highly rated youngster.

Players like Falcao/Cavani are the finished article, the real deal.

30 mils is much but I have always liked Jovetic. I would have gotten him at United, even at that price.
It's a very fair price for him IMO. He's young and has alot of potential, he's already great but he could be a brilliant player.

Only doubt would be his injury record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom