• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Madrid-GAF, have we bought Bale yet?

Arse-GAF, have we bought Bernard and Suarez yet?

Wtf is happening?
We haven't brought Suarez yet but we've lit a fire for it though. Lol I'm now convinced Suarez will force his move somewhere in this window. Probably Madrid.

Bernard is as good as done according to many reports in brazil.

Madrid-GAF, have we bought Bale yet?

Arse-GAF, have we bought Bernard and Suarez yet?

Wtf is happening?

Not yet. They keep saying that RM is doing his work and that the transfer is still very possible. I'd say that we don't really need him this year and Madrid won't pay what Spurs is asking.

So how many goals is gonna score Bayern tomorrow. I'd say 5.

Meier

Stats can be a useful supplement to actually watching matches, but you can't tell anything from reading about how many DPGs (dribbles per game) Ferdandinho had.

You initially said he has a high pass accuracy because he's listed as a DM and probably passes it 5 yards every touch. If someone shows you a stat that displays successful dribbles in response to that, they've effectively shown you that your hypothesis is incorrect without even seeing a game.

Comparing the UCL to the EPL in terms of a statistic is kind of silly anyway as there is a distinct difference in the competition level across the board. For comparison, here is the top 20 of that particular stat -- you can see the types of players who are reflected (position wise). He is far from a traditional DM. Stats alone would show that.

jcfpJSvNCFKxK.png

You initially said he has a high pass accuracy because he's listed as a DM and probably passes it 5 yards every touch. If someone shows you a stat that displays successful dribbles in response to that, they've effectively shown you that your hypothesis is incorrect without even seeing a game.

I only said that to wind you up. I don't think I've ever seen him play and I've never mentioned him being listed as a DM.

That said, Tiote is a defensive midfielder and he has the highest dribble success rate in the PL. As is Diakite and he has the highest amount of dribbles per game of anyone that was on the list I posted (more than Fernandinho). I've not seen enough of Diakite to comment, but I know that Tiote is an extremely limited footballer.

It means virtually nothing in their cases because no one rates them highly. I wouldn't be too excited about anyone based on a fucking stat unless it was putting goals in the old onion bag but even then I'd have to watch them to see if I liked them.

Wilbur

Banned
Coolll, I live not too far from Venice

You lucky bastard. I was speaking to my parents the other day about ever moving away from England, and the only two places I genuinely feel like would be interesting enough and amazing enough to move to are Venice (italy in general really) and Japan.

I loved Venice. Absolutely loved it.

You lucky bastard. I was speaking to my parents the other day about ever moving away from England, and the only two places I genuinely feel like would be interesting enough and amazing enough to move to are Venice (italy in general really) and Japan.

Baka gaijin

panty

Oh, just never realise when he posts in here.

You should've joined us on FIFA today. Had some fun games. Fergie pulled a Ramos.

I think he'll be back when the season starts, hopefully at least.

I'll try to join you guys tomorrow if you're playing.

Messi

This Yokohama vs Man United game is on and the camera man has shown about half of the match and the other half is panning shots of Shinji Kagawa

FootballFan

:lol

It's true though really isn't it. An on form Toure is one of the best players in the world. Difference is Vidal does it every week while Toure does it twice a season and then cocks about the rest of the yearl

BS. Last season was the only time he's been like that, and the whole man city team was like that not just him. Fkin Mancini

Suen

We haven't brought Suarez yet but we've lit a fire for it though. Lol I'm now convinced Suarez will force his move somewhere in this window. Probably Madrid.

Bernard is as good as done according to many reports in brazil.
Bernard is good news. But if we don't get Suarez who are we going to fall back to? Higuain with his 37m fee? Hell no. Soldado? Looks like Spurs are doing their shit there. Shrek? Seems Chelsea is keeping a good eye on him.

If we don't get Suarez we should consider Kondogbia, Fellaini, Lopez and even Cardozo. Fuck I'd buy all of them. I'd add Fabregas there but Barca want a ridiculous sum. But all these players would fill positions where we are weak. As much as I'd want a player like Suarez I'd rather get all of these instead of paying a huge sum for him. Either way I'm happy if we get him.

Not yet. They keep saying that RM is doing his work and that the transfer is still very possible. I'd say that we don't really need him this year and Madrid won't pay what Spurs is asking.

So how many goals is gonna score Bayern tomorrow. I'd say 5.
I'd be fine with getting Bale next summer and get a striker instead but I'd lie if I said I wasn't tempted to have him now. If we get Bale we can replace Di Maria with him and then forget about getting a new striker as it won't be needed.

Actually I'd be fine with our current signings and let it end there. I want to see how good Benz, Morata and even Jesé can do. If Benz can just improve his performance it would help lots. Morata and Jesé should be given chances, let's not waste them like we did with other players because we do need a new Raul and who knows what these guys hold for the future, both show promising talent.

I hope Bayern trash Barca tomorrow with 7+ goals and I hope Thiago scores all of them.
Fuck Barca, Visca Bayern!

Meier

Bale was in Orlando last month, Bale to Orlando City confirmed.

Are you and deGod going to go to any games while you're there? Good atmosphere from everything I've been told! My buddy goes to a bunch of games.. he had no interest in soccer at all but now he is hooked. Kaka 2015!

K1LLER7

Mundo Deportivo(?) saying United will bid €40m for Fabregas.

Just take the money Barca.

--------

Doubt Madrid would go for Bale, unless they're planning to play Ronaldo up front, or drop Isco/Ozil.

Suen

Move to Madrid and join the club. The club's home kit is as white as your shining smooth skin, the first of many good signs to come.

Baka gaijin
Yakamashii Bacon-kun.

Messi

Are you and deGod going to go to any games while you're there? Good atmosphere from everything I've been told! My buddy goes to a bunch of games.. he had no interest in soccer at all but now he is hooked. Kaka 2015!

We were going to but stuff kept getting in the way.

Batigol

Banned
Would any of ya'll ever go for an older lady? She's like 50, but looks good. 20+ year difference though.

Probably a kinky bugger in bed

Suen

"Yes, it is true that I like to go out and buy new clothes, nice perfumes and hair products. I also shave my legs for example," Neymar told Surface.

"I do not see myself as a metrosexual, though. That was more something for Beckham, who was more stylish.

"I might be a bit pretentious, but I don't see that as a problem."
:lol

"I occasionally jump and dive, but only to protect myself. I want to make sure that defenders cannot injure me."
:looooooooooooooooooool

Suen

I also lol'd hard for that article. He's so metrosexual - is that even a thing anymore?

Also he's just protecting himself.

Well he's a DM and seemed to play okay for Castilla to be promoted/bought.

I just saw him play once in the first team last season, didn't think he was anything special but then one game is not enough to judge him. Hope he's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom