• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Platinum'd TLoU last night. What should I start next? My options are: Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Deus Ex HR, Max Payne 3, Spec Ops...

DEHR is one of the best games of the gen. Dishonoured was pretty good, nothing amazing. Haven't played the others.

Shagwell

He just doesn't want to be there.
I'd sell him ASAP, not even trolling.

Before long Brenton could have a rotten squad.

I wouldn't. If Arsenal had come in with this offer early July rather than the last week of it, I'd have snapped their hands off. As it is now 40m isn't any use to us. The replacements aren't really out there right now.

It's the same thing with Spurs and Bale (if there's any real weight behind it). 85m looks great but when there's only a month to spend it and most of the unsettled good players have already been moved on in the transfer window, what do you do with it? Especially since the clubs you're trying to buy from are fully aware of your enlarged transfer kitty and will be expecting top dollar for their player. Time's not an issue for them, it is for the club that sells its star player though.

Salvadora

I wouldn't. If Arsenal had come in with this offer early July rather than the last week of it, I'd have snapped their hands off. As it is now 40m isn't any use to us. The replacements aren't really out there right now.

It's the same thing with Spurs and Bale (if there's any real weight behind it). 85m looks great but when there's only a month to spend it and most of the unsettled good players have already been moved on in the transfer window, what do you do with it? Especially since the clubs you're trying to buy from are fully aware of your enlarged transfer kitty and will be expecting top dollar for their player. Time's not an issue for them, it is for the club that sells its star player though.
Who would you have bought that wouldn't have been available now? Certainly not the likes of Falcao/Cavani/Higuain etc.

BP8uo0wCIAEkBni.jpg

Milan ruined his face.

dean%20cry.gif

Take him back Bilbao, I can't look at him.

Less than 40 minutes in Serie A, and his beautiful face is disfigured. He better get used to it.

Tevez does not need to worry about this.

pulga

Banned
Henry is a fucking master troll!

Marca lol

It's getting absurd. I think Levy will have to make a club statement saying he's not for sale at any price like he did with Modric in 2011, because it's too much now. Distractions like this can ruin a pre-season, we need to draw a line under it.

Obviously when top players are in demand, any injury will be looked at quizzically (see Rooney, Bale, Gervinho, etc) but we can't have this go on all summer. I know Madrid are desperate after an embarrassing season and after Barca signed Neymar, but they need to behave themselves now. Much more of this and Levy will put another £15m on the price next summer. There is no possibility of them signing him now.

Your tears will be so delicious when we inevitably land Bale.

Messi's quote about Tata is some amazing oscar level acting

How is it a surprise if you chose him?
Actually it was.

Its easy to put the blame on Messi, because we all know Martino is closely related to Messi's Dad, but the thing no one talks about is Rosell's pull in the inner circles of AFA or Brazilian soccer (built during his time @ Ailanto, Nike, etc.

This move was brilliant in every sense, first get a new coach after Tito resigned (no one wants to fire him in this situation), then get Messi to talk about Martino and inmediately relate him to his past as a Leproso (Newell's) and third move the focus of attention to Messi's influence in the squad.

Rosell may not look like smart dude, but he is where he is at because he is a master at manipulation. Rosell will always side with Messi because he can take the criticism, he knows if the press starts talking about Rosell he will be easily cast out.

Messi

Actually it was.

Its easy to put the blame on Messi, because we all know Martino is closely related to Messi's Dad, but the thing no one talks about is Rosell's pull in the inner circles of AFA or Brazilian soccer (built during his time @ Ailanto, Nike, etc.

This move was brilliant in every sense, first get a new coach after Tito resigned (no one wants to fire him in this situation), then get Messi to talk about Martino and inmediately relate him to his past as a Leproso (Newell's) and third move the focus of attention to Messi's influence in the squad.

Rosell may not look like smart dude, but he is where he is at because he is a master at manipulation. Rosell will always side with Messi because he can take the criticism, he knows if the press starts talking about Rosell he will be easily cast out.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. It just concerns me how much deeper Barca seem to be going into the Messi dependance. 2010 was the perfect distillation of Messi plus other players up front. Pedro and Villa were great that season. Now Messi and the dependance on him is destroying other players up front. its a bit sad.

pulga

Banned
I think DC, pulga etc were joking. Ronaldo broke his wrist and real Madrid sent the kid a shirt lol. All ronaldo did was break his wrist.

Ronaldo could've broken his spleen and he'd still be classier than that liar and thief Crookel Messi.

Can't wait to see Drug Guardiola's team spank your cunts today.

Shagwell

Who would you have bought that wouldn't have been available now? Certainly not the likes of Falcao/Cavani/Higuain etc.

No, I wouldn't be interested in a striker to begin with. Considering all we have to look forward to this season is the domestic competitions, Sturridge+Aspas/Borini are more than enough to vie for the starting striker position. The way Sturridge came in and played since January already seemed to cause Rodgers a dilemma in terms of who to play up front. If Suarez were to go I'd be looking to replace his goals with a couple of signings, but not strikers.

I don't want to do the whole football manager thing - all I'm saying is the Suarez money that could have gone towards a good center midfielder, another winger, and a centre-back would have been far more useful to us a month ago. As it is now we'd be getting rid of our best player and causing ourselves a need-to-sign crisis three weeks before kicking off the new season. Considering last season was considered a write-off before the first kick of the ball, it'd be much like doing that all over again.

Wes

venison crêpe
Villa Squad Numbers.

#19 has been retired for a season out of respect for Petrov.

Look at numbers 35 onwards. All members of what has been dubbed "The Bomb Squad" - people the club want to get rid of.

1 - Guzan
2 - Baker
3 - Bennett
4 - Vlaar
5 - Okore
6 - Clark
7 - Bacuna
8 - El Ahmadi
9 - Helenius
10 - Weimann
11 - Agbonlahor
12 - Albrighton
13 - Steer
14 - Luna
15 - Westwood
16 - Delph
17 - Herd
18 - Sylla
20 - Benteke
21 - Bowery
22 - Gardner
24 - Tonev
25 - Carruthers
34 - Lowton
35 - Given
36 - N'Zogbia
37 - Stevens
38 - Delfouneso
39 - Bent
40 - Ireland
41 - Hutton
42 - Bannan

Deus Ex HR is better than all the other games combined.

Yes, including TLoU.

Everything is better than TLOU, cause after TLOU every game just seems pointless, it's the game you should wait to play until you're on your deathbed. Honestly I can't even enjoy life anymore.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. It just concerns me how much deeper Barca seem to be going into the Messi dependance. 2010 was the perfect distillation of Messi plus other players up front. Pedro and Villa were great that season. Now Messi and the dependance on him is destroying other players up front. its a bit sad.

There is two arguments to make,

First - if messi is the best in the world then he needs to be influential in the players surrounding him. Just by inertia alone, you cannot bring someone to compete against him but to compliment him. Villa, Ibra, Eto they were use to being the center of attention, they had teams playing for them, not the other way around. And Ibra had the chance (something that Villa didnt) to prove himself as THE barcelona striker, lets not forget he was benched because he simply wasnt playing well, shit Bojan had a better run in the last 6 games than Ibra.

The other option is to have a coach with a stronger influence than Messi, and in the Barcelona world there is only one above him - Johan Cruyff - but he doesnt get along with Rosell so he will never be there.

So at the end of the day, the first option stays. You can either have the best player in the world and keep a balance of influence and favoritism. Or you can get rid of him and provoke the anger of the Barcelona followers.

Laporta knew how to play the game, he kept a balance of power, influence, favoritism, he was masterful even if some of his tactics were borderline corrupt. Rosell on the other hand he doesnt have the charisma to lead or to influence, so he does what he knows works best, don't rock the boat.

Messi

First game of the season today and we have to be reminded of our asskicking in the champions league and our summer failure to the same team.

Fuck, go easy bayern. please. for me.

pulga

Banned
Everything is better than TLOU, cause after TLOU every game just seems pointless, it's the game you should wait to play until you're on your deathbed. Honestly I can't even enjoy life anymore.

Too much hyperbole. TLOU is great but its not even close to being GOAT.

Turok_TTZ

I think DC, pulga etc were joking. Ronaldo broke his wrist and real Madrid sent the kid a shirt lol. All ronaldo did was break his wrist.

If I'm not mistaken, the kid is also invited to a bernabeu game as well.

Also, EC vindicates mah bois in madrid. Higuain money is bale money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom