• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Barca can be pretty proud of that second half. I was not impressed by them at all in the first but the kids did well.

GQman2121

Banned
So Mata, Torres and Azpilicueta misses the first match for Chelsea of the season because of a fucking friendly match in Ecuador... International football is truly the worst.

i1V4Ax5hxkkio.gif

On the plus side, we're apparently in talks to add a few years onto Mata's current deal and give him a pay raise. It seems the least we can do for our two time reigning player of the year.

FootballFan

Barca can be pretty proud of that second half. I was not impressed by them at all in the first but the kids did well.

First game of the season, new coach coming in. The whole first 11, minus Messi, missing. Playing against Bayern and Pep.

I agree that the team did well.

Next few games will be better when Neymar returns.

edit
I feel worse for the Bayern/Barca fans who expected something bigger.

GQman2121

Banned
So that probably means they're not going to travel during the four game stretch of matches in the US.

Now my Don't Stop BELIEVING Nando sign is for naught....

pulga

Banned
Anyone have any working streams for Madrid? My usual ones dont seem to be working

or maybe im a little early

Edit: nvm Safari was being a little bitch

bobito

Banned
Villa Squad Numbers.

#19 has been retired for a season out of respect for Petrov.

Look at numbers 35 onwards. All members of what has been dubbed "The Bomb Squad" - people the club want to get rid of.

1 - Guzan
2 - Baker
3 - Bennett
4 - Vlaar
5 - Okore
6 - Clark
7 - Bacuna
8 - El Ahmadi
9 - Helenius
10 - Weimann
11 - Agbonlahor
12 - Albrighton
13 - Steer
14 - Luna
15 - Westwood
16 - Delph
17 - Herd
18 - Sylla
20 - Benteke
21 - Bowery
22 - Gardner
24 - Tonev
25 - Carruthers
34 - Lowton
35 - Given
36 - N'Zogbia
37 - Stevens
38 - Delfouneso
39 - Bent
40 - Ireland
41 - Hutton
42 - Bannan

Bannan?

rodvik

Absolutely brilliant atmosphere in Sheffield today for the visit of Rangers. Sun is shining and spirits are high. Never seen that many away fans in the city centre before. Some great mingling between both sets of fans. Love it.

A very different atmosphere to what it sounded like for Celtic at Brentford at the weekend.

Thats awesome to hear.

Absolutely brilliant atmosphere in Sheffield today for the visit of Rangers. Sun is shining and spirits are high. Never seen that many away fans in the city centre before. Some great mingling between both sets of fans. Love it.

A very different atmosphere to what it sounded like for Celtic at Brentford at the weekend.

I see McCabe's starting, how's he been playing for you? I always really liked him, good on the ball and pretty strong for his size.

pulga

Banned
Carletto going with a 4-1-4-1 today

-----------Diego López
Carvajal, Pepe, Nacho, Cherysehev
---------------Illarra
Di María, Isco, Özil, Cristiano
-------------Benzema

Hngggggg my dick

Suen

FootballFan

Carletto going with a 4-1-4-1 today

-----------Diego López
Carvajal, Pepe, Nacho, Cherysehev
---------------Illarra
Di María, Isco, Özil, Cristiano
-------------Benzema

Hngggggg my dick

4-1-4-1, just like Pep. He has started another global trend it seems. I expect many 4-1-4-1s in FIFA now too.

FootballFan

Walter Mazzarri invented the 4-1-4-1 ages ago. He also came up with the petrol engine, condoms and the electric guitar.

:lol don't hate him for using your formation first.

You'd think that being 50 years old you'd seen this formation before.

Well obviously, every formation has always existed, but making it relevant and effective again so everyone copies you is not easy. Pep does it though.

Legend.

I guess it's just a coincidence......hahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom