• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

I already have the pain of Juve pillaging Parma's players and then Parma having not won shit since 2002. Makes the Arsenal situation look like a paradise.

Has Chamakh left yet?

He's very much still here smoking shisha and living off our fat.

Hixx

The bloke who reads out the scores on BBC 5 Live on saturdays is retiring.

Man he's been doing it since... forever. Be weird hearing someone else do it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve: Llorente and Tevez
Milan: Balotelli
Viola: Mario Gomez and G.Rossi
Napoli: Higuain and Jackson Martinez
Sassuolo: Simone Zaza
Roma: well...Strootman.

Inter: Belfodil

FootballFan

Their defense and midfield still sucks though.

And now it's even worse with Albiol.

Midfield isn't that bad imo, the Swiss trio(Behrami, Inler, Dzemaili) aren't that bad. Not amazing but certainly much better than their CBs

Even the bench would be pretty good. Callejon, Insigne, Pandev, Gargano, Mertens etc.

Daaaaaw Paolo ended his SAFC.com video interview with a message for his daughter who graduated from Southampton Uni today.

"You did very good there today, my squad did very good over here today. We are a good family!"

I love Paolo.

pics?

Hixx

Midfield isn't that bad imo, the Swiss trio(Behrami, Inler, Dzemaili) aren't that bad. Not amazing but certainly much better than their CBs

Even the bench would be pretty good. Callejon, Insigne, Pandev, Gargano, Mertens etc.

pics?

paulodicanioicl5l.jpeg

Salvadora

is Park still on the books too? It's pretty crazy how much deadwood we have, and not just how much, but how fucking terrible they all are too.

Unfortunately, yes. I curse the day that we fucked over that French club to hijack that deal. I still can't grasp what when on inside the club to make that happen. A stopgap measure if RVP got injured was the most common answer, but he isn't good enough for any team in the top division. The others have had rumours, he's had zilch except a few dubious sources saying that he will be released.

I'm off the opinion that he'll still be here September 1st, too.

Suen

Juve: Llorente and Tevez
Milan: Balotelli
Viola: Mario Gomez and G.Rossi
Napoli: Higuain and Jackson Martinez
Sassuolo: Simone Zaza
Roma: well...Strootman.

Inter: Belfodil
I don't feel as bad anymore about losing Belfodil when he missed two penalties for Inter in the same game :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Valencia left-winger Juan Bernat has revealed the club’s player are already expecting the freescoring striker [Soldado] to leave.

He said: “They are now negotiating. I wish him well. Its his decision. We know that Valencia has had some very good seasons and he has given us a lot.”

all according to Levykaku

Suen

He's very much still here smoking shisha and living off our fat.
Let's buy Fellaini and have him smoke shisha with Chamakh.

But Arse-GAF, if we get Suarez and Bernard do you think that's it? I still think Lopez and Kondogbia are two targets we should keep a very good eye on.

And what do you think of Ryo? Should we give him a chance to show himself with us in EPL? All that talk about him being an absolute talent.

Plasma

Banned
So Liverpool GAF would you take £50m for Suarez, the Mirror seems to think that'll be enough for him to join Arsenal, thought it is written by John Cross so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

I don't think his honestly worth that much but at this point we're running out of realistic top class strikers that we can buy.

Randdalf

So Liverpool GAF would you take £50m for Suarez, the Mirror seems to think that'll be enough for him to join Arsenal, thought it is written by John Cross so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

I don't think his honestly worth that much but at this point we're running out of realistic top class strikers that we can buy.

Liverpool should've taken £40m, that's more than enough to buy Andy Carroll back.

Salvadora

Let's buy Fellaini and have him smoke shisha with Chamakh.

But Arse-GAF, if we get Suarez and Bernard do you think that's it? I still think Lopez and Kondogbia are two targets we should keep a very good eye on.

And what do you think of Ryo? Should we give him a chance to show himself with us in EPL? All that talk about him being an absolute talent.

Ryo really hasn't shown me anything so far to indicate that he has any future with us. Wenger has acknowledged that he isn't fit (which makes me wonder why he's even playing) so that could be the reason, but every other youngster has displayed a level of talent that we just haven't see with Ryo yet. I hope it's there. I'm beginning to think that Japanese, and Asian players in general, just aren't cut out for the EPL.

I would be very angry if Suarez and Bernard was the limit of our summer. It would show a complete lack of awareness for our squad problems. We need to bring in a goalkeeper, a CB, and a defensive midfielder at the very least to challenge for something. Kondogbia stood alongside Pogba in the final of the U20 world cup and looked like a real prospect. The only potential problem there is that he's very raw and wouldn't be ready for us, which isn't what I want really.

ATF487

Personally, I'd take 50m for him. Obviously would like him to go abroad but 50m with a month left in the window wouldn't be too terrible

Timurid

i remember when milito was a thing, unfortunately it was against us. was he ever that good again?

He was behind Ibra on most goals list in Serie A last year. This season and the season before last year he was plagued with injuries. This season inter was swallowed up by bad management and injuries. I hate when injuries ruins players. I never wish it on anyone not even rubentus.

valeo

Got dayum.

Just seen a clip YNWA at the MCG earlier today.

And people even dare to doubt the might of EPL. Literally Mr Worldwide.

Went to this game. YNWA was nice, but the rest of the game was pathetic. Melbourne-based Liverpool supporters were routinely booing Melbourne Victory - makes no sense. We call them 'euro snobs' here. Also, the only other time the Liverpool fans chanted anything was 'We Want Suarez'. Why a guy who is trying to force a move out of the club, is a racist and bites people is revered so much by them is beyond me.

The Melbourne youth team (good players were overseas with Australia/injured) did pretty well though - there was one stage where they passed it 40-50 times and 'Pool were just chasing shadows.

Suen

Ryo really hasn't shown me anything so far to indicate that he has any future with us. Wenger has acknowledged that he isn't fit (which makes me wonder why he's even playing) so that could be the reason, but every other youngster has displayed a level of talent that we just haven't see with Ryo yet. I hope it's there. I'm beginning to think that Japanese, and Asian players in general, just aren't cut out for the EPL.

I would be very angry if Suarez and Bernard was the limit of our summer. It would show a complete lack of awareness for our squad problems. We need to bring in a goalkeeper, a CB, and a defensive midfielder at the very least to challenge for something. Kondogbia stood alongside Pogba in the final of the U20 world cup and looked like a real prospect. The only potential problem there is that he's very raw and wouldn't be ready for us, which isn't what I want really.
What options do we have on DM? Kondogbia is among the very young and promising ones in that position. I'd prefer to snatch him up now and make a gamble on it and if not now we should keep an eye on him and see how far he has developed after next season. I can say is that from some of the games I saw him play for Sevilla he did really good. He might be raw but it's nothing that can't be fixed and something we'd have to account for considering his age. Let's not forget that he's the target of other clubs too which could raise the price

As for GK we don't have that many choices left. Lopez, Marchetti and probably someone or some others I am missing.

As for CB I'll say it again, Adil Rami would be a very good choice but I don't how much Valencia would want from him.

I agree on what you said about Ryo. He hasn't convinced me that he has it, maybe it would be better to send him out on a loan again. Wenger is seeing something in this kid.

kharma45

Kharma's ever growing list of being a cunt:

* doesn't like Welbeck
* doesn't like TLOU
* likes Young

there's definitely more i can't remember as well

I don't like Young I just think he's extremely harshly done by on here.

And how the fuck can you expect me to like Welbeck? John O'Shea would do a better fucking job for us up front.

Wes

venison crêpe
The Indy

Suarez and his agent, Pere Guardiola, brother of the Bayern Munich manager Pep, have worked on the understanding that a clause in the player’s contract states that Liverpool’s failure this season to secure Champions League football means any bid in excess of £40m from a club in the competition would require Liverpool to sell the player. They are mystified as to why Liverpool have rejected the Arsenal bid out of hand.

In private, Arsenal believe that the offer is adequate for them to be allowed to talk to Suarez. They made the bid specifically on the understanding that it would force the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom