• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Wenger even toyed with the idea more than a few times. :p

Barton isn't good enough for Arsenal, but you really do need someone who can go in and be a real cunt on that midfield. Right now you got a bunch of boy scouts in there with no balls.
We would instantly go from one of the most liked clubs to one of the most hated.

I'd rather sign Gareth Barry.

LTWheels

Echo

Liverpool aren't prepared to allow the uncertainty surrounding Suarez to drag on into August, potentially damaging the start of their Premier League campaign.

Asked if there would be a cut-off point for the Reds to even consider offers, Rodgers said: “Yes and that period will come soon.”

arkon

G44Ud0Fop9.gif

:lol

He's pulled a Welbz there.

jtb

Banned
As much as I want to agree I can't, I just can't. Suarez has to he no1 by an infinite margin. Too many 0-0 or 1-0 last season that cost us.

Fellaini presents a whole host of issues. I take it Arteta is dropped? Or is it Wilshere dropped or Cazorla dropped pushing Wilshere forward? Even less space for Ramsey, he will leave. We have 4 players for 3 positions as it is and that's not counting Rosicky. If Fellaini comes in someone needs to go and Arteta is way too important to be dropped.

Agree regarding Cesar but we need to give Liverpool their money right now and be done with it. Rest of the squad later.

I envision the 1st choice team as being Fellaini-Arteta/Wilshere (depending on how strong Wilshere starts the season)-Cazorla. Basically Ramsey is the backup for Fellaini, Rosicky is the backup for Cazorla.

6 players (Rosicky's permanently injured anyways and Wilshere should be very closely monitered) competing over 3 spots; I don't see it being problematic. the whole 2 players, 1 spot is basically standard squad depth for teams challenging on four fronts anyways. Players get injured, and it'll be good for all of them to have some competition for their spots. We could use some depth, imo

kharma45

Going on loan isn't about seeing if he's good enough to play for us though. A loan is just for young players to get a regular chance to practice and learn and in the case of the big clubs, for them to get those chances away from the glare of the first team and the big stage. It's also about teaching some discipline I guess, that's why Fergie used to say anyway. Loans from big clubs are about lots of things...but it's very rarely a case of, well go and prove yourself at another team and if you do well then we might consider you.

Playing at United will be totally different, at United he will be moving about playing in different roles, against different tactics, alongside another quality of players. He could go to Hull or something and score 15 goals and it would mean nothing for us as a barometer to judge him on.

We can disagree about how good/bad we think he is, that's just a matter of our opinions. But I don't see the advantage in binning him now, why? We don't gain anything from that. He's not leading the line for us, we're not reliant on him for goals...he's not clogging up the wage bill or taking minutes away from other players who need them. So why not just let him have a year more, 2 years more...and if at 25 yeah he's nowhere near making it and holding others back then let him go. On the other hand there's plenty to be gained if he does well.

It's just pure frustration to say get rid of him now. Makes no sense.

Which is exactly what he needs. I'd rather see him at another club scoring goals than playing the odd time for us out of position mostly when he does get a chance. Him banging in 15 goals at Hull would be great for us, it'd prove he still posses the ability to find the net rather than inexplicably fuck it up time and time again.

It's a lot of frustration you're right, and I do agree there is nothing to be lost by keeping him around for another season or two. Other than me losing my mind when he gets the ball near the goal. I want him to succeed as much as I do any of our other players but he'll be a scorer of a few good goals rather than being a good goal scorer for us. We'll see how this season goes, he'll not be going anywhere yet but if he can't improve his finishing (and it won't be hard to improve on that conversion rate) it just feels like a waste of time, time that could be spent on someone like Henriquez who'd be starting to come of the right age by the end of this coming season.

Maybe Moyes will mould him like Dembele and take him back down the pitch a bit :p

Bla, now Hitcher is finding some substance.

Yeah.

He was a beast, my father saw him in the mall here.

He's married to some German bimbo, he wasn't in a very good shape.

Danish actually lol, at least he got a kid with a Danish woman a year or two ago.

He was such a bellend here at times, like being on Danish television being interviewed with a stolen watch on his arm... Which the one it was stolen from somehow spotted hahaha

Wes

venison crêpe
Chris Herd is the 5th oldest player at Villa Park, excluding those in the Bomb Squad leaving this summer.

He's 24.

Wilbur

Banned
laboured this isnt working :( it just keeps saying cant load and data corrupted and whatever, i dont understand how to import the data file

K1LLER7

GOLAZOOOOO

oh fuck you donovan

Edit: and some little cunt in a United shirt celebrating in the crowd
Our new signing cunt Cakir.

We got him from Madrid for 70m after seeing his effectiveness in the CL Last season.

Madrid then used it all on Illaramendri lol

Messi

Danish actually lol, at least he got a kid with a Danish woman a year or two ago.

He was such a bellend here at times, like being on Danish television being interviewed with a stolen watch on his arm... Which the one it was stolen from somehow spotted hahaha

Oh no, your avatar. What has happened :(

bud

i'm playing through uncharted 3. i'm at the chateau (28% complete), and i feel like i've been playing an interactive game.

does this get better? i had a blast with uncharted 2, but this is incredibly disappointing so far.

nice looking game, though.

Seriously? Stolen watches? Why watches? Why did he leave BVB if he needed watch money? Could have been kicked out for all I care, Egyptian players in Europe are incredibly stupid. #Pray4Salah

Ah, could be Danish.

All European chicks are equally hot in my eyes, all but the British ones. Those are below avarage.

Except Wilbur's mum, she's above par.

And that Irish girl Kharma posted once.

spidye

i'm playing through uncharted 3. i'm at the chateau (28% complete), and i feel like i've been playing an interactive game.

does this get better? i had a blast with uncharted 2, but this is incredibly disappointing so far.

nope. it gets actually worse, IMO :(

the story is so disappointing

Seriously? Stolen watches? Why watches? Why did he leave BVB if he needed watch money? Could have been kicked out for all I care, Egyptian players in Europe are incredibly stupid. #Pray4Salah

Was before Dortmund, he actually wanted to play for the Danish national team but couldn't get citizenship, not very patriotic! :p

It is an interactive game. That is what a game is.

Blablurn

wet tits

Wes

venison crêpe
If any of Italy-Football GAF are still awake, can you help me find Pescara's friendly fixtures for say the next 7 days?

I think they play Monaco at some point, I'm curious if they're playing anyone tomorrow.

(Related to Villa in a very very slim rumour way)

Suen

Had a soft spot for Wigan, theyve had 4 or 5 hondurans in their ranks
One of the teams I liked last season. Their defense was so shit but the team had lots of spirit. They are in EL so I hope they have a good run there. Is it the first time a Championship team plays in EL?

One of the teams I liked last season. Their defense was so shit but the team had lots of spirit. They are in EL so I hope they have a good run there. Is it the first time a Championship team plays in EL?

No, not that long ago Birmingham did it. Just goes to show it's the best league in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom