• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

deGod

I honestly don't know who that is, the new guy?

isZgpb0eAY6zD.png

The shit keeper lindergaard I'm pretty sure.

Fuck that guy

Hello FootyGAF, I still despise Barry Hearn. What an odious cunt.

Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn insisted West Ham’s move to the Olympic Stadium is 'not a done deal' because of his ongoing judicial review and legal action against the Premier League.

Hearn wants his club to be able to ground-share with West Ham and use just the lower tier for Orient’s matches. He also described the LLDC’s deal with West Ham as 'state sponsorship beyond my wildest dreams'.

Hearn said: 'This is not a done deal. West Ham have an agreement but I have a judicial review outstanding and litigation with the Premier League that West Ham even moving would be a breach of Premier League rules.

'We have ended up in situation where we have gifted £500millon of tax-payers’ money to a Premier League club that has a turnover of more than £100million. It’s a wonderful gift but if I was an Arsenal fan I would wonder why we bothered paying to build a new stadium.

'This is state sponsorship beyond my wildest dreams. In effect it’s rent free as they have ability to develop Upton Park.

This guy's a lunatic, we and the Olympic Committee should be suing him for all the time he's wasting. The FA have already told him that a League 1 and Premier side sharing the same ground isn't feasible and would be a scheduling nightmare. The OPLC have already told him that tearing more than half the ground down to make a 15-20k seater for Orient isn't feasible and wouldn't provide the sort of revenue from non-footballing events that they're after. What other options are there? Orient in a 60k seater? Hah! Leyton Orient highest home attendance 2012/2013; 5,359.

In other news, we still haven't signed another striker. The issue seems to be wages. We've got a good 6-12m to splash about, but can't pay anyone above 50k. Getting kinda frustrating seeing all these rumours come and go, even if it is just paper talk.

Nyx

Tonight's the night.

Will professional footballers beat mailmen/bakers/accountants this time, or will the shame of Utrecht be complete?

Barzul

Hello FootyGAF, I still despise Barry Hearn. What an odious cunt.

This guy's a lunatic, we and the Olympic Committee should be suing him for all the time he's wasting. The FA have already told him that a League 1 and Premier side sharing the same ground isn't feasible and would be a scheduling nightmare. The OPLC have already told him that tearing more than half the ground down to make a 15-20k seater for Orient isn't feasible and wouldn't provide the sort of revenue from non-footballing events that they're after. What other options are there? Orient in a 60k seater? Hah! Leyton Orient highest home attendance 2012/2013; 5,359.

In other news, we still haven't signed another striker. The issue seems to be wages. We've got a good 6-12m to splash about, but can't pay anyone above 50k. Getting kinda frustrating seeing all these rumours come and go, even if it is just paper talk.
Sounds awful.

rodvik

ItalianFootyGAF who the hell would Aston Villa be after from Pescara? Allegedly we are in talks with that club for a player...?

Barzul

Is anyone else wondering how the hell PSG are FFP compliant? They seem to even be outspending Chelsea at the heights of Roman's spending and then FFP wasn't a thing. Or is Platini just turning a blind eye. I've always been of the opinion that UEFA won't carryout the planned restrictions like being barred from CL football if the bigger clubs don't meet the requirements of FFP. Any PSG fans know more about this?

Is anyone else wondering how the hell PSG are FFP compliant? They seem to even be outspending Chelsea at the heights of Roman's spending and then FFP wasn't a thing. Or is Platini just turning a blind eye. I've always been of the opinion that UEFA won't carryout the planned restrictions like being barred from CL football if the bigger clubs don't meet the requirements of FFP. Any PSG fans know more about this?

They have a number of staggeringly large back-dated unspecified sponsorships which they refuse to talk to anyone about.

rodvik

French club, Platini doesnt care.

Lightning

Banned
So many Arsenal fans upset that we passed on Higuain to go after Suarez. It is the right decision, I can't fathom why any Arsenal fan would be against it unless we fail to get him.

I really want Suarez at Arsenal.

Wow this is on the same shit level as the Bayern CL kit... Cant believe that Nike just used a tablecloth as an actual jersey... This years kits have been really disapointing so far.

The leaked one seemed a bit better because it was a slightly darker shade of blue. Fuck you Nike. I'm happy with the home kit though.

Clegg

So many Arsenal fans upset that we passed on Higuain to go after Suarez. It is the right decision, I can't fathom why any Arsenal fan would be against it unless we fail to get him.

What happens if you don't get Suarez?

Walshy

As you will have to pay £50m to get him and you are only his second option after Madrid.

You was Higuains first choice and he was a bit cheaper. He probably even has a better goalscoring record than Suarez too.

Lightning

Banned
What happens if you don't get Suarez?
Dunno. I'm not itk at Arsenal. I would hope Arsenal have a plan for that scenario.

As you will have to pay £50m to get him and you are only his second option after Madrid.

You was Higuains first choice and he was a bit cheaper. He probably even has a better goalscoring record than Suarez too.
If Madrid enter then Suarez would jump at the chance to go there but Madrid will not offer you 50m, no way in hell. Madrid are showing no desperation for Suarez whatsoever so that price will definitely go down for Madrid. The 50m only applies to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom