• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
BQAtwKsCEAE7MIt.jpg:large

Legend.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Holy shit we are in for Fabregas?

Holy wowzers Moyes i knew you were big time

If we get him and Bale lol we gonna stomp the league nojokes

Feorax

Marca seem to think that Madrid have no intention of buying a striker to replace Higuain, and want to promote from within with the likes of Morata and Jese.

Seems to definitively rule out Suarez going there. I guess we'll soon see just how desperate he is.

#MUFC number 1 trend worldwide. It better not be about our stupid kit.

UPDATE: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S ABOUT. IT'S PROBABLY ABOUT THE KIT.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We don't really need Bale though, do we? :-O

just j/k you guys, I say buy them all!!! :-D

If we bid and they accept we need them
If we bid and the player rejects we never bid, hes trashy anyway
If we bid and the club rejects and the player wants to come then fifa should intervene

Clegg

Powell was injured and had to get surgery over the summer.

That's why he didn't go on tour with the senior team afaik.

tri_willy

Hypothetical question fellow Liverpool fans.

Soldado will cost in the region of £25 million I believe.

IF Torres was available for £15 million (I think most Chelsea fans would be happy enough with that), who would you go for between the two?

soldado would prob be the safer purchase in terms of scoring frequently, unless torres reignites glimpses of his old self... but he looks too lazy sometimes

I see Sky Sports are talking about dribbles per game. Is this the new big thing we should all be paying attention to next season?

Although Fernandinho is far from a playmaker in the mould of a Paul Scholes or an Andrea Pirlo, there is more than one way to spring attacks from deep. Pellegrini is likely to have noted the Brazilian's astonishing UEFA Champions League campaign last term in which the player emerged as something of a statistical phenomenon with his dribbling proving particularly impressive. Fernandinho produced more successful dribbles per game than the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo - offering a spark from deep positions and thus opening up the game for his side. In a man of the match performance at home to Dortmund in February, he embarked upon no less than five successful dribbles in his own half alone.

Seriously, fuck off.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sky Sports News is set to make broadcasting history when it screens live reports from all 92 Premier and Football League clubs in a single day - including some that will be visited by helicopter.

Enjoying this BTSport / Sky war.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
£5m is alright since he's in the last year of his contract now. Good goal scorer, but it won't be too hard to replace... right?

£17.5m in from transfers, I doubt we'll spend even half of it. That's the sad part.
£5.5M For Hooper, £12m for Wanyama, £22m for the last CL campaign.

Lawwell will be putting most of that away for a rainy day, and so he should since it'll see the club secure for a long long time.

But it worries me that we won't pick up an adequate replacement. Even if we stretch by our standards (£5m) then we may just end up with another Bangura or Fortune. Hooper was only £2.2m. It's up to the scouts to do their job here.

Anyway, enjoy, Norwich/PL-gaf. Hopefully Gary gets an England call up now - he deserves it. :)

XmZ73bm.gif

Mr Cola

£5.5M For Hooper, £12m for Wanyama, £22m for the last CL campaign.

Lawwell will be putting most of that away for a rainy day, and so he should since it'll see the club secure for a long long time.

But it worries me that we won't pick up an adequate replacement. Even if we stretch by our standards (£5m) then we may just end up with another Bangura or Fortune. Hooper was only £2.2m. It's up to the scouts to do their job here.

Anyway, enjoy, Norwich/PL-gaf. Hopefully Gary gets an England call up now - he deserves it. :)

XmZ73bm.gif
That gif reminds me of quiche

Sage00

Once And Future Member
It reminds me of the 4-0 slaughtering in Utrecht a few years ago.

Celtic haha.
Edit: Herp you said Utrecht.

I'll blame Tony Mowbray for that one for the state he left the squad in. Looking back at the lineup for that game now, Jos Hooiveld and Glenn Loovens lolol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom