• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

JK45W6Y.jpg

Never heard of the guy but apparently he's with us on loan. 18 years old, coming from AS Trèncin. A club we work together with, so we have the option to buy him. He's a midfielder.

mil6es

Nope, and Real have no interest in him.

Arsenal or bust.

At this point I'll feel more disappointed if we don't sell him, he has been headache after headache for 2.5 years, will miss his spectacular goals tho.

Question for Pool fans, do you really think we have lost 30+ goals this season with Suarez gone or do you think we will have it covered?

Nyx

Edit: Herp you said Utrecht.

I'll blame Tony Mowbray for that one for the state he left the squad in. Looking back at the lineup for that game now, Jos Hooiveld and Glenn Loovens lolol.

Hehe well I think the lineup wouldn't have made a very big difference, it was just one of those nights where everything went just right for Utrecht. (2 penalty kicks f.e.)

It's a legendary game for us, which I will remember till the day I die. :)

Feorax

At this point I'll feel more disappointed if we don't sell him, he has been headache after headache for 2.5 years, will miss his spectacular goals tho.

Question for Pool fans, do you really think we have lost 30+ goals this season with Suarez gone or do you think we will have it covered?

I reckon Sturridge will probably get 20 if he stays fit and in form. Could see Aspas getting 10, same with Coutinho.

We absolutely need to make sure that we get goals consistently from the wide area's though. Set plays are important too, especially given how useless we were with corners last year.

A top class, aerially dominant CB and winger would be my priorities if I were BR.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Hehe well I think the lineup wouldn't have made a very big difference, it was just one of those nights where everything went just right for Utrecht. (2 penalty kicks f.e.)

It's a legendary game for us, which I will remember till the day I die. :)
You're right. We went there 2-0 up thinking the game was won and got what we deserved. To be completely fair the result in the first leg flattered us I think lol.

It was actually pretty funny though, since Neil Lennon used the fear of being defeated like that again to finally start improving on our away record the next season. I guess we should thank you in retrospect. :p

Just noticed Van Wolfswinkel will partner up with Gary Hooper at Norwich. That's pretty funny.

dc89

The office my GF works at has just had a delivery of a signed Messi Barca shirt. To go alongside the signed Ronaldo and Gerrard shirts.

QQ

LTWheels

I reckon Sturridge will probably get 20 if he stays fit and in form. Could see Aspas getting 10, same with Coutinho.

We absolutely need to make sure that we get goals consistently from the wide area's though. Set plays are important too, especially given how useless we were with corners last year.

A top class, aerially dominant CB and winger would be my priorities if I were BR.

Our corner taking was terrible this year. You can count the number of goals scored from a corner on one hand. Gerrard and Downing are both terrible at taking them.

Another big loss with selling Suarez is his free kicks. He has scored a lot of goals from free kicks. Other than that who can take a decent free kick in our team?

LegoArmo

You're right. We went there 2-0 up thinking the game was won and got what we deserved. To be completely fair the result in the first leg flattered us I think lol.

It was actually pretty funny though, since Neil Lennon used the fear of being defeated like that again to finally start improving on our away record the next season. I guess we should thank you in retrospect. :p

Just noticed Van Wolfswinkel will partner up with Gary Hooper at Norwich. That's pretty funny.

It was a pretty good Utrecht team. That's when I first took notice of Dries Mertens too.

Yen

Our corner taking was terrible this year. You can count the number of goals scored from a corner on one hand. Gerrard and Downing are both terrible at taking them.

Another big loss with selling Suarez is his free kicks. He has scored a lot of goals from free kicks. Other than that who can take a decent free kick in our team?
Borini is quite good at them, would fancy Coutinho and Gerrard after that.

dc89

Although Fernandinho is far from a playmaker in the mould of a Paul Scholes or an Andrea Pirlo, there is more than one way to spring attacks from deep. Pellegrini is likely to have noted the Brazilian's astonishing UEFA Champions League campaign last term in which the player emerged as something of a statistical phenomenon with his dribbling proving particularly impressive. Fernandinho produced more successful dribbles per game than the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo - offering a spark from deep positions and thus opening up the game for his side. In a man of the match performance at home to Dortmund in February, he embarked upon no less than five successful dribbles in his own half alone.

Topping the dribbling stats ahead of the biggest names in Europe is one thing, but the physicality of the Premier League necessitates an ability to compete in the centre of the field too - especially for a risk-taker like Fernandinho. Fortunately, the 28-year-old also boasts formidable defensive statistics having come up with more than seven tackles and interceptions per game in last season's Champions League. That's a figure only bettered by the robust figure of Paris Saint-Germain's Blaise Matuidi among regulars in Europe's premier club competition last term and is indicative of Fernandinho's all-round ability to make an impact in the middle.

http://bit.ly/1bMzmlI - Sky Sports

Fernan might take some time to adjust to the EPL, but when he does I think he could turn out to be an incredible signing.

Nyx

After that 2-0 most people here thought it was a done deal as well, I didn't give us a chance at all but boy was I wrong!

Ha that is pretty cool, no thanks ofc! :D

I'm pretty anxious to see if Van Wolfswinkel will be up for the Premier League, in Utrecht he never felt 100% confidence from the coaching staff and supporters.

Wes

venison crêpe
Good post by Michael Cox on why City should be favourites for the title - http://www.freebets.org.uk/blog/fiv...should-be-premier-league-favourites#more-3683

I think City are the stronger team in Manchester currently, all things considered. However I put Chelsea above City just because Mourinho has managed in the league before.

As of today I'd go:

Chelsea
City
United
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool

But there are still a bunch of signings to be done. I fear they wont have as an immediate of an impact as those at City though because they wont have had a pre-season to gel with the team.

Kenka

Fukkk Napoli. They are spending way above and beyond the amount they got for Cavani, where is it coming from?

And why are we so cheap in comparison? :-(

At least they aren't improving their defense.
Unless Napoli actively doctor their accounts/spend too much, they do get money from transfers and from their healthy revenue scheme.

Facism

G9s.gif

I had another one, I'm not terrible.

this was a great goal. Our defence was pure tripe that whole game, so many instances of defenders leaving men and a clear lack of communication. 3 central defenders LOL.

I mean, look at this shit. 3 guys around the dude that eventually scores. 2 of them leave off to defend useless space and the 3rd stands wide of his man allowing a first time shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom