• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of the opinion now that Suarez's ongoing silence makes no sense whatsoever. What exactly has he got left to lose? The respect of the fans? His teammates? The manager? The club? I think that all went out the window when he opened his mouth in Brazil and lied to everyone's faces.

Let's just get this over with. Grow some fucking balls Luis, you've never had a problem commenting on your future before.
If he ends up staying it won't be long until alot of fans love him again.

Walshy

I'm of the opinion now that Suarez's ongoing silence makes no sense whatsoever. What exactly has he got left to lose? The respect of the fans? His teammates? The manager? The club? I think that all went out the window when he opened his mouth in Brazil and lied to everyone's faces.

Let's just get this over with. Grow some fucking balls Luis, you've never had a problem commenting on your future before.
We really can't complain though as we knew exactly what we were getting into.

He did the exact same thing at Ajax + Groningen. Groningen situation was very similar to our situation now.

subtles

I wonder if other English clubs will bid if Suarez and his agent can convince Liverpool to accept their understanding of the specifics of the contract. As unlikely as it is, anything can happen.

Suen

Rami or Sakho, who's better? Don't follow Ligue Un or La Liga (besides Clasicos), so I have no clue.
I heard players who play for PSG turn to shit. We, Arsenal, should stick to Rami.

But seriously I don't know, barely follow Ligue 1 so I have no idea how Sakho is. Sakho is a few years younger though so that's a plus but I don't even know what his price is or if PSG would be willing to let him go.

GorillaJu

I wonder if other English clubs will bid if Suarez and his agent can convince Liverpool to accept their understanding of the specifics of the contract. As unlikely as it is, anything can happen.

Why would Liverpool go along with this? It's in their best interest to let this drag on as long as possible and never give in.

Dazzler

Screenshot2013-07-25at101309AM_zps3c9358c6.png

Footy bros, how is my team looking?

It'll stay as is if Bent moves from Villa and Rooney doesn't move to Chelsea

I think Jose will use Lukaku a LOT this season

Shagwell

If he ends up staying it won't be long until alot of fans love him again.

I'll celebrate his goals like a madman like I do with any Liverpool goal but that's never stopped me from considering him to be a grade A cunt. I thought so back when Uruguay played Ghana and he celebrated the subsequently missed penalty instead of walking off, I thought so when he bit the dude in the Netherlands, I thought so after the Evra incident, and he reaffirmed it with his actions on Ivanovic.

I've never "loved" him. He's the most despicable footballer on the planet and I have a bit of shame that he plays for Liverpool. What can you say though, he's one of the most talented footballers on the planet. But he's a fuckhead. And the fact that after all that he's trying to engineer a move when it's less than his worth, late in the window, and to a club in the same country he claimed to have been practically hounded out of, just shows me that not only is he a cheating scumbag on the pitch but off of it he's a lying little rat as well.

Fuck him. But I still hope he stays for one more season and bangs them in before fucking off for a club record fee.

panty

Meier

Jozy Altidore has said Sunderland's 3-1 win over Tottenham in the Barclays Asia Trophy on Wednesday was the toughest of his life after he had learned of the death of the coach who discovered him.

Altidore, 23, played in the match in Hong Kong a day after learning that Josef Schulz had died of cancer at the age of 61.

Schulz discovered Altidore as an eight-year-old playing in Florida, and told the forward's father then that his son would one day play for the United States national team.
http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1506597&section=soccernetfrontpage-us

That's sad to hear. Lost his battle with cancer apparently.

subtles

Why would Liverpool go along with this? It's in their best interest to let this drag on as long as possible and never give in.

Player power today is stronger than ever before. Being Suarez (Being Liverpool S2?) the club would be threatened with more "incidents". Gone are the days when players cleaned the Captain's boots, were put in their place and dare I say sniped by Fergie's flying boot.

The situation can pan out in a number of ways to be honest, I couldn't care less however. Suarez doesn't want to play for the club thus shouldn't put on the shirt.

GorillaJu

Player power today is stronger than ever before. Being Suarez (Being Liverpool S2?) the club would be threatened with more "incidents". Gone are the days when players cleaned the Captain's boots, were put in their place and dare I say were sniped by Fergie's flying boot.

The situation can pan out in a number of ways to be honest, I couldn't care less however. Suarez doesn't want to play for the club, thus shouldn't put on the shirt.

Suarez is a professional and he'll do what he's paid to do. He wants to play for Liverpool, he just wants to play elsewhere more. When the option becomes unavailable, he'll suck it up and score goals.

mil6es

I'll celebrate his goals like a madman like I do with any Liverpool goal but that's never stopped me from considering him to be a grade A cunt. I thought so back when Uruguay played Ghana and he celebrated the subsequently missed penalty instead of walking off, I thought so when he bit the dude in the Netherlands, I thought so after the Evra incident, and he reaffirmed it with his actions on Ivanovic.

I've never "loved" him. He's the most despicable footballer on the planet and I have a bit of shame that he plays for Liverpool. What can you say though, he's one of the most talented footballers on the planet. But he's a fuckhead. And the fact that after all that he's trying to engineer a move when it's less than his worth, late in the window, and to a club in the same country he claimed to have been practically hounded out of, just shows me that not only is he a cheating scumbag on the pitch but off of it he's a lying little rat as well.

Fuck him. But I still hope he stays for one more season and bangs them in before fucking off for a club record fee.

Nail meet head, he is a racist cunt of the highest magnitude but he furthers my teams ambitions so have to overlook that. If he joins another team then all that acceptance will disappear.

I come across as a flaming hypocrite especially as I am black myself but by definition all football fans are hypocrites.

Barzul

Nail meet head, he is a racist cunt of the highest magnitude but he furthers my teams ambitions so have to overlook that. If he joins another team then all that acceptance will disappear.

I come across as a flaming hypocrite especially as I am black myself but by definition all football fans are hypocrites.
Can't fault you, I'm black and I want him at Arsenal, most people just want the best for their team.

subtles

Suarez is a professional and he'll do what he's paid to do. He wants to play for Liverpool, he just wants to play elsewhere more. When the option becomes unavailable, he'll suck it up and score goals.

You attempt to rationalize Suarez's position, with good intentions no doubt, but a professional....He's an impulsive player who has let people down on the pitch time and time again. One (verbal I hope) overreaction in the boardroom could change the club's position on the matter entirely.

There is no real point over-thinking it, I just don't want Suarez to be like Torres was in his last few months with us. Suarez is already sulking by the looks of it.

rodvik

Yeah I am not sure I would use the word "professional" for Suarez.

If I was a LIverpool fan I would be more than a little hurt though. Liverpool went the extra mile for Suarez and he signed a new deal last summer.

Tc91

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 28m
Thiago just said live on RAC1 Manchester United never talked with him.

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 26m
Thiago Alcântara said Barcelona didn't even try to keep him or tried to change his mind.

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 17m
Now that Thiago said the Barça board didn't even try to keep him, I'm starting to think Fàbregas could leave.

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 18m
Barcelona's currently board is completely incompetent and incapable of managing a football club. That's why Cesc to MUFC might happen.

Someone is telling porkies.

Bumhead

Banned
We've signed Atdhe Nuhiu. No idea who he is but apparently he's a 6ft 6 Albanian striker. Ex-Rapid Vienna and spent time on trial at Crystal Palace. By all accounts they wanted to sign him.

Ian Holloway: “He was somebody who has had a go, I really liked him, I told Dave Jones what I thought of the boy, and he came down and watched – they’ve gone on and signed him."

:lol

Unlucky Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom