• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've signed Atdhe Nuhiu. No idea who he is but apparently he's a 6ft 6 Albanian striker. Ex-Rapid Vienna and spent time on trial at Crystal Palace. By all accounts they wanted to sign him.

Ian Holloway: “He was somebody who has had a go, I really liked him, I told Dave Jones what I thought of the boy, and he came down and watched – they’ve gone on and signed him."

:lol

Unlucky Palace.
Looooooool.

Oh really? Yeah that would be a bonus. We do miss Suarez which is nice.

tumblr_mq8wqaIMx31r480flo1_500.gif

#Tumblrgif

rodvik

We've signed Atdhe Nuhiu. No idea who he is but apparently he's a 6ft 6 Albanian striker. Ex-Rapid Vienna and spent time on trial at Crystal Palace. By all accounts they wanted to sign him.

Ian Holloway: “He was somebody who has had a go, I really liked him, I told Dave Jones what I thought of the boy, and he came down and watched – they’ve gone on and signed him."

:lol

Unlucky Palace.

Christ we have to endure the clown holloway again. I had hoped his buffoonery was out of the PL for good.

Christ we have to endure the clown holloway again. I had hoped his buffoonery was out of the PL for good.

Yep. Every shitty prewritten joke will have that scruffy cunt Martin Samuel and his cronies guffawing like the gang of selectively brown-nosing leeches they are, and a bunch of knobends on forums across the internet reeling off endless shite about the way the Premier League needs 'characters'

Fuck off. Same goes for Mourinho.

Didn;t know you were in for Coutinho, I wasn't paying attention to the January rumours. Phew :D

Will be genuinely surprised if the English media fawn over Mourinho again like the way they used to. His time in Spain kinda tarnished that air of invincibility he used to have.

rodvik

Yep. Every shitty prewritten joke will have that scruffy cunt Martin Samuel and his cronies guffawing like the gang of selectively brown-nosing leeches they are, and a bunch of knobends on forums across the internet reeling off endless shite about the way the Premier League needs 'characters'

Didn;t know you were in for Coutinho, I wasn't paying attention to the January rumours. Phew :D

Agreed.

Yeah we were sniffing around at the beginning of January but once it was discovered he would cost real money we withdrew our interest. Broke my heart.

Dazzler

Will be genuinely surprised if the English media fawn over Mourinho again like the way they used to. His time in Spain kinda tarnished that air of invincibility he used to have.

nobody laughs harder or with less prompting than sports writers speaking to a sports star or manager

iDg2cL25awPhw.gif

Nah, they'll be verbally caressing his taint as usual. Moyes is British and thus immune to stick too. Pellegrini's the one they'll be all over once City hit a slightly bad run of form.

"Why would City hire a manager who's won no trophies?" - Sunday Supplement, January 2014.

Bumhead

Banned

He's an idiot. Decent manager but the "joke" wore thin a few years ago.

Good management that, taking players on trial and then touting them around to other league managers. Sounds like a bit of a coup for us.

You might remember him actually, apparently he scored against Villa in both home and away legs, although not sure when that was. Just watching a highlights reel and the one at Villa Park was a bit of a bullet header.

justjohn

if he keeps winning they will keep sucking his cock. if he starts to lose games, they'll turn on him. simple as

Korez

Juve name squad for Jeep US Tour 2013

We're just about ready for our Jeep US Tour 2013. Juventus head to the States at the crack of dawn tomorrow, Friday 26 July. The Bianconeri's first stop is San Francisco, where they are expected to touch down shortly after midday local time.
Antonio Conte has selected a 30-man party for this year's US tour. Simone Pepe is to remain behind in Vinovo as he pushes on with his recovery programme.
Here is the full list:
1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
4 Caceres
5 Ogbonna
6 Pogba (will join the team on Tuesday 30th)
8 Marchisio
9 Vucinic
10 Tevez
11 De Ceglie
12 Giovinco
13 Peluso
14 Llorente
15 Barzagli
16 Motta
17 Marrone
18 Rossi
19 Bonucci
20 Padoin
21 Pirlo
22 Asamoah
23 Vidal
26 Lichtsteiner
27 Quagliarella
30 Storari
32 Matri
33 Isla
34 Rubinho
41 Buchel
43 Untersee
50 Citti

rodvik

He's an idiot. Decent manager but the "joke" wore thin a few years ago.

Good management that, taking players on trial and then touting them around to other league managers. Sounds like a bit of a coup for us.

You might remember him actually, apparently he scored against Villa in both home and away legs, although not sure when that was. Just watching a highlights reel and the one at Villa Park was a bit of a bullet header.

Hmm I dont remember that. Will see if the highlights are somewhere.

I find his banter awful. On the plus side his teams at least play attacking football.

He probably tries a little too hard, but at least he tries :p though I prefer the Gordon Strachan approach of just not putting up with journos stupid questions

Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"

Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."

Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"

Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there.”

Petagna's agent: "Barça, Real Madrid, Chelsea and HSV are interested in him, but he wants to stay at Milan."

Whoa. I know he showed some good stuff on Tuesday, but that seems a bit excessive. Oh well, he's the perfect Pazzini replacement, hopefully Galliani keeps him at Milan for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom