• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little taste of whats to come.

Danilo
iSJOriq1K5Yfk.gif

Danilo
igHRVr7yiKN7E.gif

Danilo
iiiDtjZDmyXl7.gif

Jackson Martinez
iIxFVnlkMGEoh.gif

So gooood.

Slizz

Scored a legit half field goal today in FIFA.

Up 1-0 late in the game, dude I was playing brought the keeper up for the corner and missed.

Took a quick goal kick all the way down field, defender tried to pass it forward right to my player, half a field +1 yd goal ensues.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/163117781

I hate uploading videos from FIFA via console, it's so shitty.

D_prOdigy

No clue the validity of this but supposedly Spurs have bid £19m for Dzeko. He'd be a great fit there.. when he gets to play every week, he can be absolutely world class. I'd hate to sell within the league but that'd be a good fee for him. Would be a better signing than Soldado on pretty much every level.

I would love to rescue Dzeko if we were in the position of needing a striker, but I guess we'll never need one for 15 years seeing as we've got Welbeck.

I'd love to see him as the main focal point of attack at Spurs though. Yet surely wages are a problem. I don't think there are many footballers who would be willing to take a hefty pay cut just on the promise of regular starts.

jtb

Banned
what's this about Fellaini's release clause expiring at the end of the month? now that's worrying... shades of Mata (if we're even interested in the first place, which we should be!)

jtb

Banned
Suarez is better than Pooney!!

Get Suarez in the door ASAP Arsene!!!!

You no want Suarez? Lol madness from Arsenal fans.

Rooney would be 20m+ cheaper and won't spend ~10 matches per season banned. He's also more proven. I think Suarez is, at this moment, clearly the better player, but I think Rooney is a safer and better buy.

Porto was always the most likely destination.

I knew the moment he said his future was out of his hands. Third party ownership really needs to be banned by Fifa.

It's ridiculous. I know it means English clubs miss out on alot of that talent pool but I'm glad our FA has banned that nonsense.

EPL knows.

Slizz

Porto was always the most likely destination.

I knew the moment he said his future was out of his hands. Third party ownership really needs to be banned by Fifa.

It's ridiculous. I know it means English clubs miss out on alot of that talent pool but I'm glad our FA has banned that nonsense.

EPL knows.

I feel like it's a catch 22. For the most part without that 3rd party funding early on lots of players, the talent development might not have happened.

I feel like it's a catch 22. For the most part without that 3rd party funding early on lots of players, the talent development might not have happened.

That's true but it means so many players lose control over their own careers which is just sad IMO. They become money making tools for investors.

Not a fan, although yeah there is some merit there.

K1LLER7

Indykaliala
"#MUFC source: #Fabregas officials held meetings with #Barcelona officials & asked them to accept MUFC offer. We will find out more tomorrow."

Why couldn't Indy be reliable :(

Slizz

That's true but it means so many players lose control over their own careers which is just sad IMO. They become money making tools for investors.

Not a fan, although yeah there is some merit there.

Just watched an hr long program on this exact topic pertaining to Dominican baseball players and MLB. It was real crazy to hear multiple sides of the story.

Lightning

Banned
Rooney would be 20m+ cheaper and won't spend ~10 matches per season banned. He's also more proven. I think Suarez is, at this moment, clearly the better player, but I think Rooney is a safer and better buy.
Suarez is only banned for 6 games, 1 of which is a capital one game where he wouldn't play in any case, but doesn't miss many games through injury and doesn't get himself sent off much and is approaching the peak/best years of his career. Suarez is by far the better but for me and will improve our squad the most.

Only Fabregas would be a better signing than Suarez and even then not by much.

Salvadora

We could substitute that with increased funding in south America.

There are alternatives to modern day slavery.

Suen

What is this shit talk about Kondogbia to Madrid? We have Khedira and bought Illaramendi for a ridiculous price. Kondogbia would be wasting time if he came to us.

Slizz

We could substitute that with increased funding.

There are alternatives to modern day slavery.

I'm all for it, but how do you do it? Players come from all over the world, a decent portion from 3rd world countries or poor places within their country. Where is the funding coming from and how?

The_Joker

Petagna's agent: "Barça, Real Madrid, Chelsea and HSV are interested in him, but he wants to stay at Milan."

Whoa. I know he showed some good stuff on Tuesday, but that seems a bit excessive. Oh well, he's the perfect Pazzini replacement, hopefully Galliani keeps him at Milan for the rest of the season.

is there a source for that?

Suen

Bernard is shit anyway, we (Arse) don't need him.

Fear not Arse-GAF, if Kondogbia goes to Real we should sign Evans, the superior Kondogbia, instead and turn him from striker to DM.

Fucking Wenger, buy Geoffrey!

spidye

Thiago didn't deny any interest from Real when he was asked but he firmly said there was never an offer for him from Utd

he also said barca never appreciated him

FootballFan

According to Mundo Deportivo, the squad numbers will be like this:
1 – Valdés
2 – Montoya
3 – Piqué
4 – Fàbregas
5 – Puyol
6 – Xavi
7 – Pedro
8 – Iniesta
9 – Alexis
10 – Messi
11 – Neymar
12 – Dos Santos
13 – Pinto
14 – Mascherano
15 – Bartra
16 – Busquets
17 – Song
18 – Alba
20 – Tello
21 – Adriano
22 – Alves
24 – S. Roberto

Alves swapping to 22 in honour of Abidal apparently lol. Montoya gets the 2. NeyGOD gets 11. Pedro taking Villa's 7. Song now 17. The rest seem the same to me.

edit
Wait a second, Tello is #20 now? What about Afellay motherfuckers?

Salvadora

I'm all for it, but how do you do it? Players come from all over the world, a decent portion from 3rd world countries or poor places within their country. Where is the funding coming from and how?

It could come from a variety of sources.

From local and federal governments, grass root programs from the powerhouses of modern football, and even wealthy individuals. It may not be ideal for everyone, but it could work.

Suen

Thiago didn't deny any interest from Real when he was asked but he firmly said there was never an offer for him from Utd

he also said barca never appreciated him
Barca = Messi FC
Be on Messi's good side = praised
Be on Messi's bad side = see Ibra.

"Cesc Fabregas has told friends in England that he wants to quit FC Barcelona for Manchester United. [mail]"

By Ian Ladyman.

Barca need to send another letter.

Barcelona are going to try everything to keep him, they got little care for what he wants.

We need to offer enough money to make them salivate.

We need them to:

iCtoEf1oXKo9W.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom