• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Premier League 2003/4 - 2010/11
Passing Accuracy

1. Paul Scholes (88.7%)
2. Michael Carrick (83.2%)
3. Cesc Fabregas (81.4%)
4. Frank Lampard (81%)

Scholesy :'(

Ich glaube du meinst Bau eine Brücke

Nah, I meant uber der brucke.

At school we used to learn how to give directions in German.

So we'd learn to say stuff like über die Brücke und die dritte kurz vor der Bank

And then Ms Redfern would be all JA WONDERBAL ZUPER!

I just really like über der brucke

Batigol

Banned
Poor guy finally thought he got far away enough. But you never are. Chelsea champions of Europe 2013

ibyKaboHv6W85G.gif

She's fat anyway?

What is he saying?!

spidye

Nah, I meant uber der brucke.

At school we used to learn how to give directions in German.

So we'd learn to say stuff like über die Brücke und die dritte kurz vor der Bank

And then Ms Redfern would be all JA WONDERBAL ZUPER!

I just really like über der brucke

I see. I thought you wanted to say build a bridge

I see. I thought you wanted to say build a bridge

Thank you for telling me how to say it, I am sure it'll come in handy when Pep's Bayern style on Barca and FF is crying.

I wish I had continued learning German. I feel so inadequate only knowing one language. I suppose I also know my mother tongue but that doesn't really count...and I'm bad at it lol.

Wes

venison crêpe
Italigaf. There is some very bizarre noise about Marco Capuano joining Villa from Pescara.

Tell me more.

Pachimari

So apparently Kondogbia will be loaned back to Sevilla as Xabi Alonso's contract expires next summer. Nothing official yet.

I don't understand why we extended Cherysev's contract. He's terrible at left back and left wing is filled by Cristiano, Isco and Jese. We should have sold him with a buy-back option. I really don't understand it.

Also, the surprise of the pre-season is definitely Casemiro. I'm kinda glad we added him to the first team squad. We are also rumored for a left back if Coentrao leaves.

So many questions marks as to our squad come this season still.

spidye

Thank you for telling me how to say it, I am sure it'll come in handy when Pep's Bayern style on Barca and FF is crying.

I wish I had continued learning German. I feel so inadequate only knowing one language. I suppose I also know my mother tongue but that doesn't really count...and I'm bad at it lol.

:lololol

well as a iranian born and raised in austria I had to learn 3 languages (german, farsi, english)
learned a little french too but my god what a hard language

K1LLER7

"If he was playing with me, I would have scored so many more."
- Pele
#fuckMessi

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."
- Zinedine Zidane
#ZidaneWho

"I’m star-struck when I see Paul Scholes because you never see him. On the pitch you can’t catch him. Off the pitch he disappears."
- Luis Figo
#ScholesNoTraitor

"I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is."
- Edgar Davids
#EdgerknowsIntelligentMan

"In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen – the most complete – is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more."
- Xavi
#BarcaLol

"The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy – Scholes."
#WhoDoesn't

Still makes me warm inside when I remember how the Barca god-tier midfield chased after Scholes for his shirt when they just won the CL final.

Scholes should go and coach at Barca.

FootballFan

- Pele

- Zinedine Zidane

"I’m star-struck when I see Paul Scholes because you never see him. On the pitch you can’t catch him. Off the pitch he disappears."
- Luis Figo

- Edgar Davids

"In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen – the most complete – is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more."
- Xavi

LOL omg seriously pls stop I fucking can't stop laughing, especially Figo's one. omg hahahaha

Wilbur

Banned
lol FF having a full blown mental breakdown at the prospect of Barcelona losing another midfielder because Messi is devoting too much time to tax evasion to coach the team, that he can't appreciate Scholes' genius.

- Pele
#fuckMessi

- Zinedine Zidane
#ZidaneWho

- Luis Figo
#ScholesNoTraitor

- Edgar Davids
#EdgerknowsIntelligentMan

- Xavi
#BarcaLol

#WhoDoesn't
I like this one:

“He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League.” - Cesc Fabregas

I dunno, it just feels like it has a certain relevance about it.

Scholes at his peak > Xavi at his peak.
Nah, although Xavi had a team built to his specific strengths, but nah.

It's easy enough to learn a language if you actually use it. At one point I was actually... Ehm... Competent speaking German when we had it a few times a week at school, but forgotten everything by now.

I used to be fluent in French and one of India's languages. I lost them both as quickly as I got them, the only reason why I am fairly good in English is mostly due to movies and video games.

K1LLER7

lol FF having a full blown mental breakdown at the prospect of Barcelona losing another midfielder because Messi is devoting too much time to tax evasion to coach the team, that he can't appreciate Scholes' genius.
Let's him have this moment. Barca are in a decline.

Neymar won't save them. He's just there because Messi wanted someone to play Fifa with.

Wilbur

Banned
Sócrates of Brazil said, "(Paul Scholes) good enough to play for Brazil. I love to watch Scholes, to see him pass, the boy with the red hair and the red shirt."

Thierry Henry said, "Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership has to be Scholes ... He knows how to do everything."

When asked about Scholes, Bobby Charlton stated, "Paul is always so in control and pin-point accurate with his passing – a beautiful player to watch"

Marcello Lippi remarked that Scholes is "an all-round midfielder who possesses quality and character in abundance."

BBC football pundit and former Liverpool defender Alan Hansen has described Scholes as "one of the top three to five players to have ever played in the Premier League" and commented "his passing, movement and technique set examples to everyone."

Manchester United team mate Nani commented "he's the best midfielder I've ever seen. He can pass, score goals with his left, right, his head – he can do anything."

World Cup and Champions League winning France legend Zinedine Zidane hailed Paul Scholes as 'the complete footballer', and admitted that 'One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.'

In February 2011, Barcelona midfielder Xavi rated Scholes as the best player in his position in the past two decades, stating "A role model. For me, and I really mean this, he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years. He's spectacular, he has it all, the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him."

This sentiment was echoed by Barcelona manager, Josep Guardiola, who considered Scholes to be the best midfielder of his generation.

Meier

Kondogbia is a future star. If Madrid sign him too.. ugh, what an annoying summer by them. Better Madrid than United though -- no clue why they aren't dong everything they can to sign him. He should join his Sevilla bros at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom