• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kondogbia is a future star. If Madrid sign him too.. ugh, what an annoying summer by them. Better Madrid than United though -- no clue why they aren't dong everything they can to sign him. He should join his Sevilla bros at City.

Third party ownership stuffs.

English clubs will have a hard time with it.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah, although Xavi had a team built to his specific strengths, but nah.

It's marginal and its not entirely objective, but like you say Xavi - as brilliant as he is - is lucky to play for a club where the entire ethos replicates the style of play he's great at, and to have Messi. Scholes didn't really play for a side that did that.

And as Xavi says in that quote, players love him, which is far more important than what you, I or sweet little naive bitter FF thinks. Building bridges innit

Salvadora

Kondogbia is a future star. If Madrid sign him too.. ugh, what an annoying summer by them. Better Madrid than United though -- no clue why they aren't dong everything they can to sign him. He should join his Sevilla bros at City.

They should stick to buying established players rather than ruining the youth of Europe.

Leave footballfan alone guys. How would you feel if not just your idol, the one you think about just before ejactulating and a man you truly thought was great, but your own personal Jesus, was revealed as a criminal who doesn't even give two shits enough to sign stuff for some kids or sometimes even show up for a rare chance for a whole continent to see him? Yeah, Messi is a terrible human being, but we shouldn't be so hard on Footballfan, we can all be deceived by the devil, it's human nature and the reason we got the real prophet, to tell us right from wrong, John Lionheart Terry.

FF spent so much time at Believe FC wearing a United shirt and working hard to impress me and Killer.

To see it all go down the drain is unfortunate.

FF - Barcelona FC, Manchester United

Wilbur

Banned
image.php

Pachimari

We can actually end up getting 3 more players this summer: Kondogbia (loaned back), Gareth Bale but Di Maria will be shipped out and only if we get Bale will we offload Coentrao to Monaco in that bundle with Di Maria and then the left back signing will be Guilherme Siqueira.

FF spent so much time at Believe FC wearing a United shirt and working hard to impress me and Killer.

To see it all go down the drain is unfortunate.

FF - Barcelona FC, Manchester United

We have worn Stoke, Inter, Juve and all those criminal and cuntish clubs in Believe FC, but we have never been dragged ourselves down to United shirts, never.

K1LLER7

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation." Zinedine Zidane

"There isn't a player of his mould anywhere in the world." Glenn Hoddle

"He is the one whose level I aspire to." Cesc Fàbregas

"I tell anyone who asks me – Scholes is the best English player." Laurent Blanc

"An amazingly gifted player who remained an unaffected human being." Roy Keane

"He is simply the best." George Best

"I'm starstruck when I see Scholes because you never see him. On the pitch you can't catch him, off the pitch he disappears." Luis Figo

"Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team – that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. An all-round midfielder who possesses quality and character in abundance." Marcello Lippi

"I admire him a huge amount. To me, he is a role model." Xabi Alonso

"His technique is unique." Diego Maradona

"I want to pass like him. Who taught him how to do that?" Ronaldinho

"The best English player? Paul Scholes." Juan Sebastian Verón

"He's an inspiration." Lionel Messi

"The best player I've played with or against." Wayne Rooney

"If he was playing with me, I would have scored so many more." Pelé

"He makes most things happen on the field." Andriy Shevchenko

"Even when I'm playing with Real Madrid, the players always say to me 'what's he like?'" David Beckham

"One of the best in the world. Manchester United are lucky to have him." José Mourinho

"He is the best I've played with. He is amazing." Cristiano Ronaldo

"He is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him." Pep Guardiola

"He is my favourite player." Thierry Henry

"He is the most consistent and naturally gifted player we've had for a long, long time." Alan Shearer

"Many great players have worn the shirt of Manchester United. Players I worshipped, then lost with my youth in Munich. Players like Denis Law and George Best who I enjoyed so much as team-mates and now, finally, players I have watched closely in the Alex Ferguson era. And in so many ways Scholes is my favourite." Sir Bobby Charlton

"I'm not the best, Paul Scholes is." Edgar Davids

"The best player of his generation." Rio Ferdinand

"In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything." Xavi

FootballFan

FF just lost his United support which he worked so hard to win over.

Kill them Carlo.

:lol look here bro's. He is a good player and one of your legends, but those quotes are nothing.

I can find you quotes of players praising shit players like Heinze or Khedira, it's only much easier when it's for someone who was actually good like Scholes.

You are crazy if you believe those players genuinely believe what they are saying.

That Pele quote for example, let's see... He picked the FIFA 100. Top 100 players in his opinion, 100. One Hundred.

Ooo England has 7 players.

Shearer, Beckham, Owen, Lineker, Keegan, Banks and Charlton. Wtf where is Scholes? I thought he liked him.

Srsly ManUtdBros, stop.

Wilbur

Banned
And all that FF will do is post loooooooool stop pls real greatest midfielder is messi because he plays the false nine that hybrids midfield and attack but pls pls let him out of his chains, he cannot be done no pls mr lawyer pls the cayman islands were there to be taken advantage of

Oh my God.

Guardian saying that Moyes is going to wait until Fellaini's release clause EXPIRES and THEN bid for him cos he wants to get him for CHEAPER than the £23m.

I think I just need to like go and die or something.

LOL omg seriously pls stop I fucking can't stop laughing, especially Figo's one. omg hahahaha
“He is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.”

--Pep Guardiola

“At La Masia, his name was mentioned a lot. He’s a teacher.”

--Lionel Messi

K1LLER7

And all that FF will do is post loooooooool stop pls real greatest midfielder is messi because he plays the false nine that hybrids midfield and attack but pls pls let him out of his chains, he cannot be done no pls mr lawyer pls the cayman islands were there to be taken advantage of
Loooooooool

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Footballers say all of that on everyone.

"[Insert footballer]? One of the best in the world. A role model" -- Footballer

Fucking footballers man.

K1LLER7

:lol look here bro's. He is a good player and one of your legends, but those quotes are nothing.

I can find you quotes of players praising shit players like Heinze or Khedira, it's only much easier when it's for someone who was actually good like Scholes.

You are crazy if you believe those players genuinely believe what they are saying.

That Pele quote for example, let's see... He picked the FIFA 100. Top 100 players in his opinion, 100. One Hundred.

Ooo England has 7 players.

Shearer, Beckham, Owen, Lineker, Keegan, Banks and Charlton. Wtf where is Scholes? I thought he liked him.

Srsly ManUtdBros, stop.
Even Messi looked up to Scholes! Xavi can do one.

FootballFan, build a bridge.

Meier

Third party ownership stuffs.

English clubs will have a hard time with it.

Yeah, there's some wonky stuff involved as I recall. Something like any bid over 6m and they have to try and negotiate the sale. The third party owns his majority rights I believe.. Sevilla has a very small part of him.

FootballFan

Footballers say all of that on everyone.

"[Insert footballer]? One of the best in the world. A role model" -- Footballer

Fucking footballers man.

This is what I'm trying to say, not saying Scholes is a shit player, you can just find praise from every footballer about every footballer.

Come on..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is what I'm trying to say, not saying Scholes is a shit player, you can just find praise from every footballer about every footballer.

Come on..
Scholes is still better than your whole midfield, combined.

Especially your Spanish Giaccherini, Iniesta(?).

Dunno how we got onto talking about the best midfielder of his generation but the stuff Moratti said about him today was cool.

"Scholes' reply was short and simple, 'If you want me to play for you, you'd have to buy Manchester United'."

It's probably bullshit but its better if you just believe its true.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dunno how we got onto talking about the best midfielder of his generation but the stuff Moratti said about him today was cool.

"Scholes' reply was short and simple, 'If you want me to play for you, you'd have to buy Manchester United'."

It's probably bullshit but its better if you just believe its true.
Moratti is the guy who got rid of Pirlo and Seedorf. He knows fuck all about midfielders.

FootballFan

Yurt Pls </3

So what do you think Mata would say if somebody asked him "Your opinion on Anderson?".

Would he say "He's shit innit?" or would he say "Great player, he is one of the toughest opponents in the league" ?

Do you guys want me to find quotes of Pep before every. single. match?

"Basel are great opponents, Swiss champions and it will be extremely hard" - win 5-0.
"Almeria is one of the toughest teams in the league" - win 5-0.
"Mourinho is the best coach in the world and Madrid have a fantastic squad" - win 5-0.

pls.

So what do you think Mata would say if somebody asked him "Your opinion on Anderson?".

Would he say "He's shit innit?" or would he say "Great player, he is one of the toughest opponents in the league" ?

Not fair. Mata is the nicest person in the universe and would only say good things about anyone. Most people are not Mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom