• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait until a reporter asks Van Persie "Thoughts on Carragher?"

I'll give you the answer now so you don't have to wait.

"He was a big name in football, a legend and one of the best defenders I ever played against"

Then Liverpool fans will gather those quotes and cut out parts, it will end up as "A legend, the best defender I ever played against".

Not going to happen

"Robin, we have Jamie here in the studio and we wanted to know what you thought of him as a player"

Robin: "Well, it's difficult sum up a mans carrier in words so I will just ask you to watch this jif of him, just go to i dot imgur dot com slash all capital lUJ small b then uppercase Q then a small j then captial U dot jif"

result:

lUJbQjU.gif

:lol

That fucking picture cracks me up. I think that was also when Wilbs posted that Fast Five "This is Brazil" gif as Brazil was destroying Spain in the final, I almost died.

edit
I just googled "This is brazil" and wilbs post is the 8th result haha.
I fucking love the one of the dog. Never fails to make me laugh.

Salvadora

"I know what we are trying to build and grow, so why would you swap Liverpool to go to Arsenal?" the Liverpool manager said. "I am not sure that it adds up, to be honest. Arsenal has a wonderful history in its own right but Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world. OK, we might not be in the Champions League and haven't been for a while now but our competitors have grown around us and we have to step up to the challenge now."
Okay, Brendan.

deGod

I don't think I've ever seen a worse trophy in any sport.

44XICLd.jpg

You better hide the altar boys from him.

He only likes young girls that him and his wife can have fun with

Nothing beats the hand drawn Disney :(

I really liked the return of jafar

I know that feel, have to wait until 4th october until my job starts, signed on today (might as well free money!).

Why do you and viva have to wait so long to work?

BQDLu9xCEAA53oo.jpg

#moyesboy

Bullshit I would imagine

Barca vs Milan on fox soccer, nearly over. But I love this ending.

edit: awwww I wanna play fifa with suarez and give him a hug.

SuarezBirthday_m2mcwsbcz2.gif

The final few episodes of season two are some of the best in all of television.

Gratias tibi ago, domine. Yes, I lied. I committed a sin, I've committed many sins. Have I displeased you, you feckless thug? 3.8 million new jobs - that wasn't good? Bailed out Mexico, increased foreign trade? 30 million new acres for conservation? Put Mendoza on the bench? We're not fighting a war - I've raised three children - that's not enough to buy me out of the doghouse? Haec credam a deo pio? A deo iusto, a deo scito? Cruciatus in crucem. Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui. Officium perfeci. Cruciatus in crucem. Eas in crucem! You get Hoynes!
I give thanks to you, O Lord. Am I really to believe that these are the acts of a loving God? A just God? A wise God? To hell with your punishments. I was your servant here on Earth. And I spread your word and I did your work. To hell with your punishments. To hell with you!

Turok_TTZ

That amazing backpedalling. So soon?

I was mad because I just lost a bet. I bet $2k that the english or spanish rags wouldn't say Madrid aren't after Suarez anymore and dropped out within two weeks. today was the last day and the sun decides to fucking publish their backpedalling on madrid in for suarez just before I could win my money.

This is the last time I make a bet vs my ITK sources. $2k, gone!! still livid. still PISSED. FML.

Messi

That amazing backpedalling. So soon?

I was mad because I just lost a bet. I bet $2k that the english or spanish rags wouldn't say Madrid aren't after Suarez anymore and dropped out within two weeks. today was the last day and the sun decides to fucking publish their backpedalling on madrid in for suarez just before I could win my money.

This is the last time I make a bet vs my ITK sources. $2k, gone!! still livid. still PISSED. FML.

should not make such stupid bets

GorillaJu

Okay, Brendan.

He's right. If Suarez goes to Arsenal then it's just papering over the cracks in terms of his career. It's a short term fix. He'll get one year in the CL, go out in the first round of the knockout stage, then all of the sudden he's 29 and he'll be looking for a move again. Yes, Arsenal is placed higher in the table than Liverpool right now. But this last season only barely did they pull in ahead of Spurs, and the competition is only getting fiercer.

Compound all of this with the fact that his wages won't increase by any significant factor. There's no reason to go to Arsenal, of all clubs.

40m isn't enough. Arsenal knows this and that's why they bid, because they know we'd reject it. They won't bid 50-55m.

Lightning

Banned
He's right. If Suarez goes to Arsenal then it's just papering over the cracks in terms of his career. It's a short term fix. He'll get one year in the CL, go out in the first round of the knockout stage, then all of the sudden he's 29 and he'll be looking for a move again. Yes, Arsenal is placed higher in the table than Liverpool right now. But this last season only barely did they pull in ahead of Spurs, and the competition is only getting fiercer.

Compound all of this with the fact that his wages won't increase by any significant factor. There's no reason to go to Arsenal, of all clubs.

40m isn't enough. Arsenal knows this and that's why they bid, because they know we'd reject it. They won't bid 50-55m.
Arsenal are in a much better position, both financially and squad wise, to be challenging for titles than Liverpool. The fact that we would actively chase Suarez shows the change in our policies and how our debt is going down and our commercial income increasing.

With players like Suarez coming to our club you think we wouldn't improve? Obviously if only he arrived it wouldn't do much but realistically Liverpool's chances of top 4 next season are not that great. You seem to be banking on us not improving at all or only buying Suarez and Spurs choking. Those close to our club say otherwise.

To simply write us off as never being able to win titles anymore or trophies anymore is naive putting it politely. People need to realise what we've acheved with Arshavin being our record signing, should that change then we have as much chance as anyone else and Liverpool are not flush with finances to be able to do anything to anyone anytime soon. Suarez is much better off with Arsenal if the club do what they say they are going to do, obviously not what we've done for the last 4 years.

If we only buy quality players and not the Gervinho's or Allen/Borini;s then we will be fine but the fact we've shipped so many of them out already with more to go says everything about where Arsenal are headed. It only takes that one final push over the line and it's coming.

jtb

Banned
Suarez is only 26. Suarez or not, Liverpool will never qualify for the CL under Brendan Rodgers so... eh. Arsenal may be a small step up but it's still a step up. and it's not like we won't have a significantly better chance of winning things with a "world-class" player leading the line—and if not, well, he can pull an RVP and win things elsewhere.

it's all in the two clubs' hands at this point; I doubt he'll force a transfer through just yet (precisely because it is a smaller jump up than, say, Madrid) but if presented the opportunity, why wouldn't Suarez leave?

Lightning

Banned
Suarez is only 26. Suarez or not, Liverpool will never qualify for the CL under Brendan Rodgers so... eh. Arsenal may be a small step up but it's still a step up. and it's not like we won't have a significantly better chance of winning things with a "world-class" player leading the line—and if not, well, he can pull an RVP and win things elsewhere.

it's all in the two clubs' hands at this point; I doubt he'll force a transfer through just yet (precisely because it is a smaller jump up than, say, Madrid) but if presented the opportunity, why wouldn't Suarez leave?
We only got 1 full season with RVP being world class, the previous 3 seasons he spent large spells injured, and in that season he was fit we had no Podolski, No back up Giroud, No Cazorla, Wilshere out for entire season etc....

Add Suarez to our current squad and a huge problem is solved. Walcott improved a lot since the Cesc days, Ramsey is coming along and defence are sorting their shit out with Bould. Need a few additions but Liverpool are just not understanding whereabouts there club is and how far they've got to go.

Rodgers wants to make top 4 with bargin bin buys. Good luck with that.

Because he wants to play in the Europa League with Liverpool instead of Champions League

Oh wait, THEY DIDNT EVEN QUALIFY FOR THE EUROPA LEAGUE!

Fucking mugs and they dare to talk about Arsenal who always finishes in a better position

jtb

Banned
We only got 1 full season with RVP being world class, the previous 3 seasons he spent large spells injured, and in that season he was fit we had no Podolski, No back up Giroud, No Cazorla, Wilshere out for entire season etc....

Add Suarez to our current squad and a huge problem is solved. Walcott improved a lot since the Cesc days, Ramsey is coming along and defence are sorting their shit out with Bould. Need a few additions but Liverpool are just not understanding whereabouts there club is and how far they've got to go.

Rodgers wants to make top 4 with bargin bin buys. Good luck with that.

yeah, what's reassuring about a potential Suarez transfer is that we actually have a pretty complete squad. we've gotten rid of a lot of deadwood but they weren't really bench players so much as just complete non-entities so hopefully that doesn't impact our depth too much. I still pine for an extra defender and/or GK but I am coming around to the idea that we will have a well-rounded, capable squad even if we only get Suarez and no one else. Certainly capable of competing on four fronts, if not winning all of them.

And that's really my expectations for the next season—I want us to be at least competing for trophies rather than out of the title race in September, out of the cups in the first round, etc. I can live with no trophies if at least we show a bit of a pulse before March.

Because he wants to play in the Europa League with Liverpool instead of Champions League

Oh wait, THEY DIDNT EVEN QUALIFY FOR THE EUROPA LEAGUE!

Fucking mugs and they dare to talk about Arsenal who always finishes in a better position

Liverpool is bottom of the barrel. some shit bidet level club. where's my towel?

GorillaJu

I thought it was really funny when you said "United don't see us as title challengers."

No one sees you as title challengers.

GorillaJu

Same goes to you btw.

You arent even europa's title challengers. Go to bed

You think Arsenal's allergy to trophies is going to change with Suarez? The only thing that will change is that you're 50m pounds the poorer, and instead of the usual indifference people give your irrelevant club, you're going to constantly be on the defensive as people change from "who gives a fuck" to actively hating you.

Suarez would be moving from irrelevance to irrelevance. Doesn't make sense for him.

Maximum disrespect.

He really does though. When Kermit first came he wanted all banter to cease and wanted everyone to be nice. When people told him to shut it, he went to the extreme and became the biggest douche. :lol

People should stop telling others how to behave. Everything in moderation is fine.

rodvik

He really does though. When Kermit first came he wanted all banter to cease and wanted everyone to be nice. When people told him to shut it, he went to the extreme and became the biggest douche. :lol

People should stop telling others how to behave. Everything in moderation is fine.

Oh I remember. It was a more innocent age back then, just all of us, kermi, the banter and of course a nice evening down the pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom