• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Conn ‏@TomConnISF 1m
Anzhi are confident they have presented an offer to Sir Alex Ferguson that he can't refuse and SAF is said to be strongly considering it
Huj9XHB.gif

lol, just lol

Feorax

FWIW, I'm not yet convinced Arsenal are planning to come in with a higher bid. I suspect the next stage is to wait and see if Suarez forces the issue with the belief that the clause in his contract is in fact a release clause.

If he doesn't, and we don't receive a transfer request by the end of August, then I think Arsenal will only then start considering whether a £50 million plus bid is feasible.

Nyx

Yeah, Utrecht is out of the Europa League due to the number 4 of the Luxemburg league....

From the best season in the history to the lowest point in only 2 months.

Being nice isn't fun? This sentence always comes out from a person who always cries when someone becomes mean with them. Learn to respect other people's teams and stop acting funny cause all of you arent.

u mad bowser?

edit for substance: I have a lot of respect for Arsenal, fuck all respect though for anyone who has the arrogance to think they can tell a largely self-moderating community how to treat eachother...

Lightning

Banned
It's hard to figure out who's more annoyed. Liverpool that we are targeting Suarez or Arsenal fans that we are targeting Suarez.

I am starting to fear that even if Suarez does come he will get the traditional Arsenal boo when we don't want players at our club. The whole thing screams wtf and is frustrating because I feel he would do great here. The 5 game ban at the start of the season is not the big deal its being made out to be.

Feorax

Yeah, we'll probably get a formal confirmation on Monday when Napoli unveil him. Best of luck Pepe.

Other notable quotes, Ian Ayre re-affirms we have never had any intention of selling Suarez, and Rodgers has said he will play at the weekend if he's fit.

It's hard to figure out who's more annoyed. Liverpool that we are targeting Suarez or Arsenal fans that we are targeting Suarez.

I am starting to fear that even if Suarez does come he will get the traditional Arsenal boo when we don't want players at our club. The whole thing screams wtf and is frustrating because I feel he would do great here. The 5 game ban at the start of the season is not the big deal its being made out to be.

It makes absolutely no sense to me that your fans wouldn't want him. He's a great player who would improve your attack immensely.

From our persepctive though, I would imagine given what happened with RVP last year, you uderstand why us selling him to you makes no sense whatsoever, even if he kicks and screams and hands in 100 transfer requests.

For what it's worth:

Would rather just sell him now tbh. Want some closure. As disappointing as he's been the last 2 years, he's still one of my favourite players, and one of 3 left over from the 08/09 team (yes, I know it didn't win anything). 7 seasons is a long time in football.

Always pick up a penny if you see one in the street.

I did, went and ordered a sausage egg muffin meal from mcd's charged for a single and got a double.

Good old luck.

Gonna be a good day.

Feorax

Would rather just sell him now tbh. Want some closure. As disappointing as he's been the last 2 years, he's still one of my favourite players, and one of 3 left over from the 08/09 team (yes, I know it didn't win anything). 7 seasons is a long time in football.

I'd treat it as him leaving permanenty. He'll be at Barca the season after when Valdes goes, and is unlikely to ever be back at Melwood.

To be fair I have been doing that more often trying to get healthy, been running as well.

Damn 2 weeks that's steep.

My plan to start running lasted literally a single run around the local park. Been playing football at least once a week since then though, which combined with the shelf-stacking and lack of appetite due to working nights keeps me trim, if not exactly healthy :p

Might start using my Dad's excercise machines, he has a fitness bike and a rowing machine

My plan to start running lasted literally a single run around the local park. Been playing football at least once a week since then though, which combined with the shelf-stacking and lack of appetite due to working nights keeps me trim, if not exactly healthy :p

Might start using my Dad's excercise machines, he has a fitness bike and a rowing machine

Yeah I'd jump on them just to get fitness levels up, can't best a nice run in the outdoors we've been blessed with this weather lately.

Went for a run last Friday and it was like 30 after work it was fucking savage.

The ManU game starts in 3 hours? I won't be watching as I'm going away.

Shadowrun Returns is downloaded and ready OH YESS

Nah, the Man Utd muppetry happens after their preseason games, when Wilbury scrabbles around for justifications and positives to take from from their embarassing defeats

Where ya going bro? I still think of you as PartyPhantom for some reason :p

Lightning

Banned
Looking forward to seeing our youngsters on display again. So far they've been the only reason to be happy about regarding this window.

panty

Nah, the Man Utd muppetry happens after their preseason games, when Wilbury scrabbles around for justifications and positives to take from from their embarassing defeats

Where ya going bro? I still think of you as PartyPhantom for some reason :p

You try to hide the panty from your mind hah. Going to the countryside with a group of friends, we have a cabin and we'll be there the whole weekend. There's internet so I have to at least peek in on the Real-PSG game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom