• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real talk: I would watch a show called 'Today's Shinji'.

Me too.

i9VhL9Ihylv5j.gif

BQFVpvTCEAAkk0a.jpg:large

Arnie

Receptionist rang in sick at work so us three graduates have to cover him throughout the day. I'm taking the early shift, so I could technically stream United from my secluded vantage point.

But fuck those prehistoric clankbean tactics.

RVP's gonna get a muscle injury and that midfield's gonna be softer than Adnan's haircut.

LegoArmo

He was top for Everton until January, then he tailed off a bit and his motivation looked to drop after he didn't get a move to a bigger club.

There was one match just after January where Everton did shit and Fellaini in particular was a lazy shit. I was home for the weekend and my cousin came round for dinner and spent like 20 minutes laying into him and saying he wants to get rid. His performance was almost insulting, he got booed off if I remember correctly.

Seems like a bit of a petulant fuckbag. Elbows like a twat, too. He nearly murdered Joe Allen in the derby, which is a fucking red flag as far as I'm concerned.

would fit in well at United

Liverpool do need a replacement for Shelvey...

Receptionist rang in sick at work so us three graduates have to cover him throughout the day. I'm taking the early shift, so I could technically stream United from my secluded vantage point.

But fuck those prehistoric clankbean tactics.

RVP's gonna get a muscle injury and that midfield's gonna be softer than Adnan's haircut.

But imagine if you missed Phil Jones playing behind the striker. How would you live with yourself?

Linius

We used to get shows 3 seasons after it would air in the US. Now something like Game of Thrones is on 6 hours after the US. Bad ass.

Yeah being able to get GOT the next day too is quality.

All due to the fact HBO finally went international with their channel. If AMC/FX etc. would do that too we could watch most quality tv shows the next day. But for most of them we're depending on a local channel to buy the rights and that takes time. For almost every network TV show in the US (CBS/NBC etc.) we're at least one season behind in The Netherlands. Or they pick up a show that has already been cancelled in the US, it's sad really :p

FootballFan

ManUtd fans how confident actually are you with Moyes in charge? I really doubt he will do well.

Your rivals all strengthening their teams and have, imo, better coaches. 3rd spot isn't that unlikely I think.

Arnie

Suarez might stay at Pool and thats annoying me know end now, hrs ben tainted in my eyes and cant be trusted

I don't think we'll sell him to Arsenal.

We were determined to keep him before their cocky, funny fuck bid, and now I think we'll refuse to negotiate with them. Plus we're pricing Suarez in that Cavani £55 million bracket, which, for a player who's out for the first six games, plus whatever brainfarts he makes once he returns, is incredibly steep.

ManUtd fans how confident actually are you with Moyes in charge? I really doubt he will do well.

Your rivals all strengthening their teams and have, imo, better coaches. 3rd spot isn't that unlikely I think.

Dont really see what that has to do with Moyes. Rivals strengthening while we do nothing (yet keep winning) happened before too.

pappe

Very confident we will win the Community Shield and COC cup.

LegoArmo

I think he'll do fine, and what's wrong with 3rd spot in his first season? As long as he challenges, it's a learning curve.

I mean City have a boss who's new to the league and similarly lacking in trophies.

Arnie

Even if United signed Thiago, which they didn't, and even if they get Cesc, which they won't, they're still way behind the sort of movement seen at Chelsea and City.

It's not just getting the players in, too, it's incubating them into the team over pre-season and having them at the right level for when the season begins.

LegoArmo

Even if United signed Thiago, which they didn't, and even if they get Cesc, which they won't, they're still way behind the sort of movement seen at Chelsea and City.

It's not just getting the players in, too, it's incubating them into the team over pre-season and having them on the right level for when the season begins.

That's what the charity shield is for, installing a winning attitude, day one!

Don't tell me that's not how it works :(

Linius

So tomorrow is our fourth supercup finale in four years time. We've lost the previous tree so I hope we can turn this around now. It's a useless cup but losing it four times in a row is even more depressing :p

And the best thing is that I'm at the game, in a skybox nonetheless. Turned out my mom's work isn't using the skybox because it's the holiday season so she and a few co-workers got lucky (and me too).

It's not just getting the players in, too, it's incubating them into the team over pre-season and having them on the right level for when the season begins.

Looking at last season, city and chelsea needed investing.. or something.

United don't need 10 new players who need to be fitted in.

Feorax

I don't think we'll sell him to Arsenal.

We were determined to keep him before their cocky, funny fuck bid, and now I think we'll refuse to negotiate with them. Plus we're pricing Suarez in that Cavani £55 million bracket, which, for a player who's out for the first six games, plus whatever brainfarts he makes once he returns, is incredibly steep.

It seems the Times have said Real may yet make a bid, which I assume means when Bale signs his new contract and they need to bring someone in.

I think we can probably get by without him as long as he isn't still hanging around in the premier league (and more specifically scoring goals for the team we're trying to displace).

Arnie

It seems the Times have said Real may yet make a bid, which I assume means when Bale signs his new contract and they need to bring someone in.

I think we can probably get by without him as long as he isn't still hanging around in the premier league (and more specifically scoring goals for the team we're trying to displace).

Would take £50 million from Real and be done with it.

Sign Soldado and Eriksen. Buzz my dick off.

FootballFan

So tomorrow is our fourth supercup finale in four years time. We've lost the previous tree so I hope we can turn this around now. It's a useless cup but losing it four times in a row is even more depressing :p

And the best thing is that I'm at the game, in a skybox nonetheless. Turned out my mom's work isn't using the skybox because it's the holiday season so she and a few co-workers got lucky (and me too).

Bojan playing?! How has he been doing? Has he even played?

Interesting article about Fellaini to United in today's Guardian.

Basically says that Moyes is still deliberating whether to make a bid or not and he'll wait until the 31st of July(day the release clause expires) before deciding what he'll do. They also mention that Moyes isn't convined that Fellaini is worth £23m and may wait until after the release clause expires before making a reduced bid.

looks like Febregas is still our main target.

UNLIMITED FUNDS

"Who's Veratti?" - Man Utd braintrust

Isco too slow, Verratti too unsightly.

Salazar

Real's obsession with that overrated British kid is really amazing to me. It's like they don't owe Spanish banks enough money already and want to get themselves into deeper shit.

They live in a fucking bubble

A whole fucking set of ideological and financial and emotional bubbles

Ramos and Casillas have matching gimp suits monogrammed "heroes of Spain"

Franco+One Direction+Goldman Sachs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom