• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggzy

I've had blue balls all summer due to the transfer links being made with united. Just sign fellaini, that'll have to do.

Touch of Evil is a brilliant movie.

Wes, some films from my letterboxd I love. Haven't seen too much to be honest -

40s
- On the Town
- Rope

50s
- Rashomon
- Seven Samurai
- Calamity Jane
- 12 Angry Men

60s
- The Apartment (if you haven't seen this, it's a masterpiece)
- Lolita
- Once Upon A Time In The West

70s
- Dog Day Afternoon
- murder by death
- The conformist

Bookmarked this post, going to watch 12 Angry Men tomorrow. I've heard a lot about it.

Meier

Not liking City's signings at all. Negredo, Jovetic (who?), Navas, and Fernandinho... Most of these players are bench warmers in their national team.

Navas and Negredo play for the best national team in the world -- hell, Mata and Cazorla are bench warmers for Spain. That's kind of a negligible argument in this case. If you watched them in the Confed Cup, they were always at their most dangerous when Navas was playing. He completely changes the pace of a game due to his width and speed. Negredo scored nearly as many goals as Falcao last season and his 31 goals in one season overall is better than most any other top strikers have done. He will definitely poach some goals for us.

Jo-Jo is an important player for his country and is a great young talent that many top teams have been after for years. He will fill in admirably for Carlitos.

Ferna was WhoScored's 4th highest rated player in the UCL last season and he completely dominated Chelsea and was as good or better than Vidal in Shakhtar's games against Juve. He's a top player.

All four signings are astute and will benefit the team.

dc89

ixsMZ4wdmazGD.gif

I like making shitty GIF's

Wilbur

Banned
OMG daily mail actually use this as a picture on their website lol lol lol lol lol lol

yarDHUp.jpg

Bookmarked this post, going to watch 12 Angry Men tomorrow. I've heard a lot about it.

It's incredible. Always the old movie I recommend to people, such an easy watch but utterly engrossing.

Wes

venison crêpe
Touch of Evil is a brilliant movie.

Wes, some films from my letterboxd I love. Haven't seen too much to be honest -

40s
- On the Town
- Rope

50s
- Rashomon
- Seven Samurai
- Calamity Jane
- 12 Angry Men

60s
- The Apartment (if you haven't seen this, it's a masterpiece)
- Lolita
- Once Upon A Time In The West

70s
- Dog Day Afternoon
- murder by death
- The conformist

I have seen The Apartment once but I can't remember it well enough not to warrant watching it again. I'm going to stick it on right now.

Wilbur

Banned
I have seen The Apartment once but I can't remember it well enough not to warrant watching it again. I'm going to stick it on right now.

Even better than Some Like It Hot for my money. All the laughs, double the heart.

From the fourties Casablanca should be on any list btw. So good.

Yeah, top film. Claude Rains and Peter Lorre are brilliant in it.

If were talking about movies, everyone should watch Le Samourai.

Meant to get round to this for ages. Haven't watched any films at home for so long, I'm hardly ever home and when I am I just watch telly so if I fall asleep I've only missed half a 25 minute show as opposed to a two hour film.

Huge list of shit to watch that I may get round to one day lol

Peco

Movies from the 40s? The Lady from Shanghai and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre are two of my favorites movies ever.

Bogart is insane in The Treasure.

Navas and Negredo play for the best national team in the world -- hell, Mata and Cazorla are bench warmers for Spain. That's kind of a negligible argument in this case. If you watched them in the Confed Cup, they were always at their most dangerous when Navas was playing. He completely changes the pace of a game due to his width and speed. Negredo scored nearly as many goals as Falcao last season and his 31 goals in one season overall is better than most any other top strikers have done. He will definitely poach some goals for us.
I guess I was expecting Cavani to sign for City. Hopefully Jovetic is better than the last Montenegro player City had... (Savic)

Thank god Maicon left... now let's just get rid of Sinclair and Garcia.

Shagwell

Fuck Leon from Curb is such a good character. It's on more4 right now, everything he says makes me laugh hahahaha

He's the fucking best. Maybe my only criticism of the show is perhaps that he's used too sparingly. More Leon can only be a good thing.

Has Larry David ever said whether or not he'll ever make another season? Last I checked it was pretty up in the air but then again that was years ago now.

dc89

I guess I was expecting Cavani to sign for City. Hopefully Jovetic is better than the last Montenegro player City had... (Savic)

Savic... ahhh... I hear he's doing really well at Fiorentina. We got a killer deal with that though. NASTASIC!

L1NETT

We talking old old school movies?

Couple of classics to chuck in.

Ladykillers (55) and Kind Hearts and Coronets (49). Obi wan is so good in both of them.

Wilbur

Banned
He's the fucking best. Maybe my only criticism of the show is perhaps that he's used too sparingly. More Leon can only be a good thing.

Has Larry David ever said whether or not he'll ever make another season? Last I checked it was pretty up in the air but then again that was years ago now.

Think they're on season ten or something now :lol. I'm pretty sure there's new ones out this year, might be wrong though.

Meier

Yeah, Cavani would have been nice but he was just too much money. Negredo is a good goal scorer.. not a huge statement signing by any means but proven and will help the team.

Savic has actually done really well at Fiorentina (he was one of the top handful of CBs in Serie A last year). I think in a year or two he might be ready to make a big move but maybe they'll want to hold onto him as long as they can. Some guys just aren't ready to be tossed into the deep end like Nastasic was. I was hopeful we'd loan Savic out for a year or two and let him develop at a smaller team but including him with the Nastasic deal obviously worked out well for all parties.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah Larry David that bald small cocked fucker used all his time making some movie.

Ugh fuck

On July 17, 2013, Jeff Garlin, in regards to a ninth season, said, "I hope so. It looks good. But I won't even say very good, just good, but I hope so... I'm hoping sometime in 2014."[14]

Jeff bringing the erotica

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GG(s), Skeletor. I'll miss seeing you around.

-
Just saw Carlitos' first goal for Juventus -- very nice. He looks great in their kit.. seems like he cut his hair or something too. Looks a bit different in general.

He will be incredible for them.. very sad to see him go but happy for their great fans in this thread.

Thanks
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

All we ask is three good seasons, that's it.

That's it.

Zabojnik

Not liking City's signings at all. Negredo, Jovetic (who?), Navas, and Fernandinho... Most of these players are bench warmers in their national team.

Ban this filth. City signed some fantastic players. If Pellegrini is half as good as people say, they'll be a force to be reckoned with this season. And they already had a great team, Roberto "I'm even worse than Capello" Mancini exluded.

Moyes - "I don't like to talk about players at other clubs, but I can confirm we made a bid for him (Fabregas)."

All Harry Redknapp up in here :lol

arkon

Curb is pretty preeeeeettyyy good. I love some of the outtakes as well. Like Larry questioning Leon about ejaculate and they're both absolutely cracking up. Just the way Leon says it :D

L1NETT

And they already had a great team, Roberto "I'm even worse than Capello" Mancini exluded.

Ban THIS filth :p

How is Capello considered a bad manager? Mancini plays horrible negative boring football and hasn't won much silverware.

Capello won the league title at every single club he managed. No contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom