• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Ban THIS filth :p

How is Capello considered a bad manager? Mancini plays horrible negative boring football and hasn't won much silverware.

Capello won the league title at every single club he managed. No contest.

Bait taken, uhuhuh. Eh, I really, really don't like Capello's football, that's all.

Honestly?

Yes. It's just my honest opinion on him. It's not as if it makes me less of a supporter. If I saw him walking down the street, I'd still make myself look like a retard by singing the Moyes song.

To be fair, I'd actually walk up to him and give him some sound managerial advice, i.e. to stop being as shit at man management as Benitez is and to generally just shut the fuck up and get on with things.

dc89

Yes. It's just my honest opinion on him. It's not as if it makes me less of a supporter. If I saw him walking down the street, I'd still make myself look like a retard by singing the Moyes song.

To be fair, I'd actually walk up to him and give him some sound managerial advice, i.e. to stop being as shit at man management as Benitez is and to generally just shut the fuck up and get on with things.

Fairy 'nuff.

I love you man

oOaW8jV.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ban THIS filth :p

How is Capello considered a bad manager? Mancini plays horrible negative boring football and hasn't won much silverware.

Capello won the league title at every single club he managed. No contest.

He's not a bad manager.

But he plays horrible mechanical football and is, unfortunately, quite fucking good at it.

Shagwell

Watching through The Newsroom for the first time. Half-decent show, I'll keep watching.

How the fuck are all the female characters made to be so annoying though?

Wes

venison crêpe
Watching through The Newsroom for the first time. Half-decent show, I'll keep watching.

How the fuck are all the female characters made to be so annoying though?

It's worth bearing with Season 1 for the potential that Season 2 is showing.

Turok_TTZ

Insulting Don Capello are we? My my, some of ye in footygaf are in poor form today.

Capello's football may be boring at times but it's cold, calculated, efficient style has its moments of beauty too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Insulting Don Capello are we? My my, some of ye in footygaf are in poor form today.

Capello's football may be boring at times but it's cold, calculated, efficient style has its moments of beauty too.

You fucking fired him for that.

Turok_TTZ

You fucking fired him for that.

That was Clownderon, not us. Believe it or not, many madrid men wanted Capello to stay. though the spanish press sure didn't like him over his brand of football.
I always wondered how a Capello madrid side would do if given more than a season.

2 leagues titles achieved in 2 first and only seasons... Unlike Mourinho, Don Capello is more than welcome to return to Madrid.

Just in case this wasn't posted earlier.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-luis-suarez-owes-5144091

tldr; BR and LFC value Suarez in the same bracket as Cavani (£55 million). Might not even sell for that if he can't be adequately replaced. Won't sell for cheap or late in the window.

So if even £55m wouldn't necessarily guarantee we accept any offer, this means that the stuff Suarez's agent was saying about there being a £40m release clause was a load of bull?

Really can't see Suarez going anywhere now. Arsenal won't go that high and I'm not entirely sure anybody else is interested enough to think about that kind of money. Even Madrid don't seem that interested.

Turok_TTZ

As far as I know, Madrid's transfer summer is closed now. only person we would make room for the squad imo would be bale and no one else.

BENZEMA SHAVE YOUR GOD DAMN POODLE HEAD.

Edit: I think he trimmed his hair a bit... not sure.

Giggzy

I don't understand how people can have such rash opinions on Moyes without giving him time... Not a second of league football has been played and you're questioning his ability to manage United? For fucks sake... Wait a few months at minimum before giving an honest assessment of him. Fickle, very very fickle.

I don't understand how people can have such rash opinions on Moyes without giving him time... Not a second of league football has been played and you're questioning his ability to manage United? For fucks sake... Wait a few months at minimum before giving an honest assessment of him. Fickle, very very fickle.

It will be even worse when the season starts.

But it'll all be worth it when we win the title again :)

Feorax

So if even £55m wouldn't necessarily guarantee we accept any offer, this means that the stuff Suarez's agent was saying about there being a £40m release clause was a load of bull?

Really can't see Suarez going anywhere now. Arsenal won't go that high and I'm not entirely sure anybody else is interested enough to think about that kind of money. Even Madrid don't seem that interested.

Pere Guardiola doesn't actually know what the clause means I don't think. He's been trying to get clubs to bid that much to evaluate the situation.

Mirror are reporting that Arsenal board has given the green light to bid £40 million, however;

A. Arsene actually has to follow through and bid £40 million.

B. Suarez has to decide if he wants to spend his prime years at Arsenal, basically foregoing his dream of playing and being a star in La Liga in the hope Arsenal win something.

what happened?

He's an idiot. He said in his first press conference that he's not going to discuss players that are at other clubs. Just now he said he doesn't like to talk about players at other clubs, then, in the very same sentence, he confirmed we'd made a bid for a player who is currently at another club. It's a private fucking matter. Don't talk about business, get the business fucking done. Don't try to appease the fans by talking about a transfer you know full well isn't going to happen, like some stupid Glazerite prick.

Next week when we make a £28m bid for Bale, he's going to preface it with "I don't like to talk about players at other clubs" before explaining that we're interested in the Welsh international, 24, of Tottenham Hotspur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom