• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

How can Suarez have signed a contract in which his agent has no idea about a potential release clause?

It just feels very strange to be talking about interpreting a contract.
He's an idiot. He said in his first press conference that he's not going to discuss players that are at other clubs. Just now he said he doesn't like to talk about players at other clubs, then, in the very same sentence, he confirmed we'd made a bid for a player who is currently at another club. It's a private fucking matter. Don't talk about business, get the business fucking done. Don't try to appease the fans by talking about a transfer you know full well isn't going to happen, like some stupid Glazerite prick.

Next week when we make a £28m bid for Bale, he's going to preface it with "I don't like to talk about players at other clubs" before explaining that we're interested in the Welsh international, 24, of Tottenham Hotspur.
Hit the nail on the head.

Walshy

Pere Guardiola doesn't actually know what the clause means I don't think. He's been trying to get clubs to bid that much to evaluate the situation.

Mirror are reporting that Arsenal board has given the green light to bid £40 million, however;

A. Arsene actually has to follow through and bid £40 million.

B. Suarez has to decide if he wants to spend his prime years at Arsenal, basically foregoing his dream of playing and being a star in La Liga in the hope Arsenal win something.
I really can't see him going to Arsenal and I can't see us selling to Arsenal unless it's a crazy bid, like the £55m mentioned by Brendan.

Madrid value him under £30m, he won't be going there either at that price however we should just do the swap for Higuain if it's genuine. We could get a great striker and some cash to stick to the Bernard deal.

I don't like the way he's acted this window, especially with the contradicting reasons to leave and the complete lack of respect to the club after his actions on the pitch has dragged our name in the dirt. A lot of his actions will be hard to patch over. The racism incident in particular we stood by him, but he's thrown it back in our face. He could of been classy about it and said he wanted to leave due to footballing reasons, which the majority of fans would understand.

Dazzler

tks bro

I'm looking seriously at these ones but dat price

Nike-HYPERVENOM-Phantom-SG-PRO-ndash-Chaussure-de-football-pour-terrain-souple-pour-Homme-599851_008_C.jpg

$230

Walshy

How can Suarez have signed a contract in which his agent has no idea about a potential release clause?

The clause which is being reported by the only decent sources for information coming out of the club (Tony Barrett, Neil Jones, James Pearce & Andy Hunter) are pretty confident that a clause doesn't exist at all.

If it does exist however, they seem that if there is a £40m bid, all we have to do is to notify Suarez that a bid has been made.

It's all a bit confusing.

Messi

Bought a Madrid shirt today, I can't get rid of this dirty feeling. I keep scrubbing but it wont go away.

Help guys.

Feorax

I suspect it was drafted very vaguely in our favour.

At the time, Suarez and Guardiola both stood to make significant financial gains from the contract, and probably weren't that bothered by the clause because they assumed clubs would be lining up to pay top whack for Suarez, which unfortunately seems to be far from the case.

Lunchbox

Banned
I don't like the way he's acted this window, especially with the contradicting reasons to leave and the complete lack of respect to the club after his actions on the pitch has dragged our name in the dirt. A lot of his actions will be hard to patch over. The racism incident in particular we stood by him, but he's thrown it back in our face. He could of been classy about it and said he wanted to leave due to footballing reasons, which the majority of fans would understand.
oh understand?

you mean understand like the way they did when torres didnt want to waste his career fighting for mediocrity for the bin dippers and went to a bigger club to win things -

nxz0X8x.jpg

CpYXPSa.png

that racist dog will end up doing the same thing

Walshy

oh understand?

you mean understand like the way they did when torres didnt want to waste his career fighting for mediocrity for the bin dippers and went to a bigger club to win things -

nxz0X8x.jpg

CpYXPSa.png

that racist dog will end up doing the same thing
you try too hard

K1LLER7

Don't worry. He'll get it done.

How's the fasting going? Apparently it's going to get hotter next week! Nooooo.
I'll take a Woodward avatar if he gets it done.

Fastings going okay bro. Starting to get used to it now but don't have much energy during the day. Get tired quite quickly. The heat doesn't help :(

How about you?

I saw reports of 35 degrees coming possibly...
Yep...saw one which said 39 for London. Hot damn!

I'll take a Woodward avatar if he gets it done.

Fastings going okay bro. Starting to get used to it now but don't have much energy during the day. Get tired quite quickly. The heat doesn't help :(

How about you?
Pretty much the same. Pretty slow days mostly. Ashes back so watched that today.

When's United's next pre season match?

Slizz

yeah because united fans are behind everyone of their players who wants to leave the club. i'm sure you'll respect rooneys decision

A-child-holds-a-sign-with-a-message-for-Manchester-United-forward-Wayne-Rooney.jpg

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article259898.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/wayne-rooney-bonfire-pic-pa-image-1-64494440.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://curiouspresbyterian.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/wayne-loadsamoney-rooney-burned-in-effigy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sorry bruh fake.

The other two however; hilarious.

GorillaJu

yeah because united fans are behind everyone of their players who wants to leave the club. i'm sure you'll respect rooneys decision

A-child-holds-a-sign-with-a-message-for-Manchester-United-forward-Wayne-Rooney.jpg

wayne-rooney-bonfire-pic-pa-image-1-64494440.jpg

wayne-loadsamoney-rooney-burned-in-effigy.jpg

Just don't even bother. He's like a bot, comes out with the same shit every time and isn't worth responding to.

Read the fashion thread, and you can see what kind of taste he has. After that you'll never blame him again for being a bitter troll.

Who is the best non-Portuguese player to come out of the Portuguese league? My thinking is that due to Portugal being a second-rate league and a second-rate country, it means they can only really snap up the second-rate talent from outside of Europe, except for one or two exceptions.

Falcao (great)
Hulk (shit, most overrated player in the world)
Luiz (mediocre)
Jardel (shit)
Di Maria (mediocre)
Heinze (shit)
Lisandro Lopez (mediocre)
Garay (probably shit)
That player City are signing (probably shit)
Deco (great)
Pepe (good)

Conclusion: You'd have to be an idiot to spend more than £20m on a player from Portugal and the top European clubs should just buy directly from South America. I'm not going particularly concerned about City splashing 30m euros on some player from Argentina (from Benfica0 no one has heard of and I'll be pissed off if we buy Madrid reject Garay for 18m bones after they signed him for 4m bones.

panty

Who is the best non-Portuguese player to come out of the Portuguese league? My thinking is that due to Portugal being a second-rate league and a second-rate country, it means they can only really snap up the second-rate talent from outside of Europe, except for one or two exceptions.

Falcao (great)
Hulk (shit, most overrated player in the world)
Luiz (mediocre)
Jardel (shit)
Di Maria (mediocre)
Heinze (shit)
Lisandro Lopez (mediocre)
Garay (probably shit)
That player City are signing (probably shit)

Conclusion: You'd have to be an idiot to spend more than £20m on a player from Portugal and the top European clubs should just buy directly from South America. I'm not going particularly concerned about City splashing 30m euros on some player from Brazil no one has heard of and I'll be pissed off if we buy Madrid reject Garay for 18m bones after they signed him for 4m bones.

Falcao.

K1LLER7

Yep...saw one which said 39 for London. Hot damn!

Pretty much the same. Pretty slow days mostly. Ashes back so watched that today.

When's United's next pre season match?
Ashes has been entertaining this year. Hope to see the England tail wag.

Think United play Saturday. Kick off 10:30 BST

Lunchbox

Banned
most united fans want the fat scouser out regardless if he wants to stay or not. theres no nonsense like oh if he should done this he shouldve done that. fat cunts not good enough to start instead of rvp and hope he fucks off

You want to see how united fans treat players that have left the club, watch the champions league game where more united fans sang viva ronaldo than actual madrid ones or when beckham cameback with milan. both left in their prime as well.

we hate rooney because who he is, not because we have to beg him to stay like suarez

Slizz

Didn't realise some people's taste in film here were so awesome!

Have a huge list of films and tv shows to get through, not enough time really :(

Your bro is lacking in Hitchcock films.

Also recently I've seen and since re-watched 2 excellent Paul Newman movies.

The Hustler and The Sting.

Both fun as hell.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im done, i have no idea whether Moyes is a shrewd fucker or completely over his head.

I cant bring myself to hope for Fabregas because hes almost too perfect a signing, and of course the negativity coming from Barca, but I have to believe, I just have to believe that United arent so fucking terrible at transfers that we would bid, talk about and invest so heavily in a good player if there wasnt a chance he would come.

If Ferguson was manager I would be celebrating his arrival, now I just have no fucking idea D:

Your bro is lacking in Hitchcock films.

Also recently I've seen and since re-watched 2 excellent Paul Newman movies.

The Hustler and The Sting.

Both fun as hell.
Haven't seen these :(

But the Hitchcock films we've seen are:

North by Northwest
Psycho
The Birds (although at a very young age, need to rewatch tbh)
Rear Window
Rope
The Trouble with Harry
Shadow of a Doubt

I have also seen Vertigo. He might have seen more, don't know lol

Messi

Im done, i have no idea whether Moyes is a shrewd fucker or completely over his head.

I cant bring myself to hope for Fabregas because hes almost too perfect a signing, and of course the negativity coming from Barca, but I have to believe, I just have to believe that United arent so fucking terrible at transfers that we would bid, talk about and invest so heavily in a good player if there wasnt a chance he would come.

If Ferguson was manager I would be celebrating his arrival, now I just have no fucking idea D:

Fab might have gone if Thiago didn't. Now Barca don't have to do anything.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Whats all this hubbub about Inter being sold?

Yeah, 'Thohir' is looking to buy 75%(!) of the club for 300M or something.

And looking at the state of his Philadelphia 76ers and DC United (dead last in the Eastern Conference), we ain't worried.

sXsheyi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom