• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
you said more rams enable better games.

I disagree. I played my favourite games on systems with much less rams available compared to devices that were much stronger at that time.
like mario galaxy on wii, or gta on ps1

And Mario Galaxy would have been better with MOAR RAMS

dc89

Banned Website have an article on how club badges have evolved over time.

tsDxBas.png

Purely Decorative*

*only until we win 2 more titles.

Salvadora

you said more rams enable better games.

I disagree. I played my favourite games on systems with much less rams available compared to devices that were much stronger at that time.
like mario galaxy on wii, or gta on ps1
Look at how we've been hamstrung by RAM in this generation.

It does enable better games.

I don't know enough about computer architecture to comprehend the ins and outs, but a friend of mine who is a brilliant programmer has been saying since the reveal that the ram thing has been way overhyped, and that video memory is just being used as a marketing gimmick to sell more expensive hardware, and that video memory isn't a bottleneck in modern hardware.

5gb being available doesn't sound like it'll change anything.

If you're set on running things at 1080p then he's absolutely right.

Clegg

Nice little pass from Adnan to Anderson who then laid it off to Zaha for his goal.

Our best players on tour have been an 18 year old and a former Championship player.

zahaa.gif

LTWheels

Infamous has and always will be average at best series. Destiny? Looks alright, but console fps. Don't even remember what the order is, could a more generic title name be made? Watch dogs hype already went away for me again after sing more game play... Battlefield? Whatever, will play on pc if any good and they don't try to CODify it again. FPS with a controller is like shaving with a spoon.

The sad reality is the only thing I would really want is new fifa if it's any good.

The only game I'm really interested from next gen is Killer Instinct. It's been getting quite a lot of positive reception from those that have played it at events. Do want to see the new FIFA as well.

A lot of games revealed for next gen are open world games, which don't really do it for me. I always end up buying them but only ever playing a few hours. Never finished an open world game.

Not interested in COD or Battlefield. Titanfall looks interesting and fresh though. Not really that interested in Destiny at the moment. Everyone is acting as if it's this new amazing idea; but it's just Boarderlands with MMO connectivity, public quests etc...

Anyway, the only thing I play now days is DOTA 2.

Arnie

Some rumours that the Times are running with a story that we've told Arsenal we won't be selling to a rival club at any price.

That's what we should do, so I hope it's true.

We should make it clear to Suarez that if a club like Real come in at the right price we'll let him move, and stick a clause in his contract that stipulates, under the likely circumstances that we don't qualify for the Champions League next season, he can skip off to a foreign club at an arranged price.

GorillaJu

Look at how we've been hamstrung by RAM in this generation.

It does enable better games.

How? Can you really explain to us what exactly it enables? From what I understand, frame rate, physics calculations, post processing, SSAO, tessalation, all of the stuff that matters is bottlenecked by CPU and GPU speeds.

The only game I'm really interested from next gen is Killer Instinct. It's been getting quite a lot of positive reception from those that have played it at events. Do want to see the new FIFA as well.

Killer instinct is Dead or Alive for furries and is now made by one of the worst developers out there, double helix can suck my uncircumcised cock... and hopefully choke on it.

Feorax

That's what we should do, so I hope it's true.

We should make it clear to Suarez that if a club like Real come in at the right price we'll let him move, and stick a clause in his contract that stipulates, under the likely circumstances that we don't qualify for the Champions League next season, he can skip off to a foreign club at an arranged price.

Story is being accredited to Barrett, so it's probably true.

EDIT: maybe not. Looks like it's Rory Smith. We'll know for sure tonight/tomorrow.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt will not take the news well.

Fuck White Pogba, once you go black you never go back BABY!

As an honorary JuveBro, I can confirm that we wouldn't even sell you a virus.

Or Peluso, which amounts to the same thing.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Juventus should be on the list; they already had great depth in midfield, Pepe has come back and they've added another top centre back who can play in a 4 and a 3. And then on top of that they've added two genuinely brilliant strikers. If they can get a winger like Cuadrado, Ibarbo, someone to give them a little bit of unpredictability on either flank to sacrifice Asamoah/Licht's defensive qualities, they'll be a nigh on perfect side.
Get in Wilbur.
3AQmK.gif

We're one Lulic away from exceeding my wildest expectations. Yeah, sure, we all wanted Jovetic, but I guess we can live with Vucinic for now*.

*One season.

GorillaJu

I'm hyped about Destiny because conceptually I love Borderlands, but I'm not keen on the gameplay quality, I hate the writing and humor, and the story is junk. If Destiny can improve where BL faultered then it'll be magnificent.

I'll be honest nothing next gen has me wet in my underpants (infamous, the order look good but not mind blowing), but I just like buying new consoles. It's fun. And there will be so many good games available on PSN, games that I usually spend the most time on. Plus I plan to take advantage of the streaming. I played like 80 hours of Binding of Isaac. Would love to stream that for people, and watch my friends' streams.

I'm sure the good games will come. But at the moment it's just the prospect of new pretty hardware and that initial rush and obsession that hits early in console life that I'm most excited for.

LTWheels

Killer instinct is Dead or Alive for furries and is now made by one of the worst developers out there, double helix can suck my uncircumcised cock... and hopefully choke on it.

I think people will be surprised and that it will be better than people expect.

Anyway I think DOA is a fine game, aside from the fan service-y elements. It's a great starting point for those wanting to get into fighting games. A lot of 'competitive gamers' don't like it as it has a different concept of 'guaranteed damage' to other fighting games. They want to try and play DOA like you would another fighting game instead of respecting it's rules.

I'll be honest nothing next gen has me wet in my underpants (infamous, the order look good but not mind blowing), but I just like buying new consoles. It's fun. And there will be so many good games available on PSN, games that I usually spend the most time on. Plus I plan to take advantage of the streaming. I played like 80 hours of Binding of Isaac. Would love to stream that for people, and watch my friends' streams.

Have you looked into streaming it on your PC? There are free streaming programmes out there.

I'm hyped about Destiny because conceptually I love Borderlands, but I'm not keen on the gameplay quality, I hate the writing and humor, and the story is junk. If Destiny can improve where BL faultered then it'll be magnificent.

I'm sure the good games will come. But at the moment it's just the prospect of new pretty hardware and that initial rush and obsession that hits early in console life that I'm most excited for.

Stop stealing my thoughts :p

Wanna see what all the fuss is about with Bungie as well, only ever played the Halo demo

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I wonder how much football Dembele will get this season?

What, because of his hip problem? It seems we are being very careful with him, he hasn't played a single minute of our pre-season matches yet. With Paulinho and Holtby now settled on there is less pressure on him to play when he's not 100%. I'm sure he will have a much more consistent season this year, he couldn't even get his spot back from Huddlestone during the last few games.

people hyped for KI didn't see the EVO 2013 presentation.

the announcer is obnoxious as fuck and the effects are "dip your eyes in acid" good.

Arnie

What, because of his hip problem? It seems we are being very careful with him, he hasn't played a single minute of our pre-season matches yet. With Paulinho and Holtby now settled on there issues pressure on him to play when he's not 100%.

I'm sure he will have a much more consistent season this year, he couldn't even get his spot back from Huddlestone during the last few games.

Wait, what's up with his hip? Thought he was fit.

And this got us real good.

Bye Pepe. :(

tumblr_mqi7bbOd7y1raxpsqo1_500.jpg

the announcer is obnoxious as fuck and the effects are "dip your eyes in acid" good.

To be honest I don't really like any fighting games much, killer instinct has always struct me as a particularly over hyped shit though... and with Double Helix making it... Oh dear, it might be terrible to wish for a company closing and people losing their jobs, but something needs to happen before they rape more actually good IPs by being the cheapest whore than Konami and Capcom or whatever publisher needs something done quickly can go to.

Wes

venison crêpe
WE WON OUR FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON

Crewe 1 - 5 Aston Villa

Benteke hat-trick in 22mins.
Weimann and Bacuna also scored.

UNBELIEVABLE BENTEKKERS IS BACK

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Surely the City and Tottenham matches will be called off tomorrow, the weather is horrendous. One injury was quite enough for me.

We shouldn't be playing football during July in Hong Kong.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
holy shit, replaying MGS4 made me realize that MGS3 is far better than I thought it was. The MGS4 cut scenes are unbearable, I don't know why I loved 4 as much as I did in the first place.

Are you ever going to play MGS2?

Salvadora

How? Can you really explain to us what exactly it enables? From what I understand, frame rate, physics calculations, post processing, SSAO, tessalation, all of the stuff that matters is bottlenecked by CPU and GPU speeds.
From what I understand it would allow much better, persistent open worlds. Further draw distance (?), more objects etc.

For in depth technical stuff you'd really have to ask in gaming. Although I wouldn't go over there, myself :p

LTWheels

I did see the presentation.

Those elements have always been a part of KI since its roots. The reason there were tons of combo breakers in the first game is that the guy playing the developer was using the same combo over and over, so it was very easy for the developer to break. He even posted in the KI thread of GAF stating what happened (max, not the dev).

The other matches had less combo breakers and went quite quickly.

I think they are doing some interesting things with the mechanics. Read up on them. Also their EVO panel is up online. It shows that they have some fighting game names working on the game.

GorillaJu

Have you looked into streaming it on your PC? There are free streaming programmes out there.

I have. I just think that the simplicity and smoothness of low level console integration will hit the nail on the head for me. I'm barely too lazy to start streaming now. When it becomes even easier I'll dive in.

I don't care for killer instinct mainly because I don't care for the Xbone as hardware. Not ashamed to admit that.

GQman2121

Banned
Ram talk is funny because all the majority of those idiots see are numbers and they overreact accordingly. Pachter was spot on in the GAF Doc about people who post here (and on the internet in general); people don't know shit and don't want to understand. They want to bitch, moan and fight because it's entertaining to them.

Anyway, football related:

rodvik

WE WON OUR FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON

Crewe 1 - 5 Aston Villa

Benteke hat-trick in 22mins.
Weimann and Bacuna also scored.

UNBELIEVABLE BENTEKKERS IS BACK

The first 25 minutes we looked amazing. KEA was sensational probably MOM (yes thats right). Benteke was really on form as well. Downside, Gardner looked out of shape and sharpness :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom