• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I want to believe that Bolt is just a physically gifted freak.

But there's the nagging feeling that he's roided up to the eyeballs.

fuenf

THAT IT'S BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHERS. We have been through this. Shame on you. and shame on Bayern.

I know but I want to know why? Is it the gameplay? Is it the story? Is it Raiden?

Finall met Big Mama... she was the whole incentive to play MGS4 again after finishing 3. Just wanted to know how the tie in was made again (know that I know the story of 3)...

Glad to see you come to your senses.

the ending of 3 was just fantastic.

I feel the same way about Messi.

He's gifted, but I'm sure the HGH he took when he was a kid played a big part for him to get where he is now.

K1LLER7

Do you think if they found something on Bolt, they'd avoid doing anything about it? just because of how big of a star he is for athletics and the impact it could have on the sport if he was banned.

L1NETT

Do you think if they found something on Bolt, they'd avoid doing anything about it? just because of how big of a star he is for athletics and the impact it could have on the sport if he was banned.

Of course not.

And to be honest I might be being naive, but I think Bolt is a genuine freak of nature. If he has been doping since he was 15, then eh what a knob and he will have done an Amrstrong 2.0 with what he said the other day.

Of course not.

And to be honest I might be being naive, but I think Bolt is a genuine freak of nature. If he has been doping since he was 15, then eh what a knob and he will have done an Amrstrong 2.0 with what he said the other day.

He's at the point where I think he'd be the quickest whether he was on them or not, and that has me thinking he's not on them as it would be a pointless risk.

I can't see PED's accounting for the tens of split-seconds' difference between him and the rest of the field, unless he's on some particularly good shit

Vhrist, its the redcafe Ronaldo vs Messi thread bought onto gaf

Mumei, delete my account pls

Have a link to that thread?

'Sure' was the wrong word to use, I meant 'won't be surprised if'. It's 5am and I'm sleepy.

I would agree if a lot of rumours on Messi is overblown though. It's like he's the one man Illuminati in the world of Football.

Little LTTP but the worst thing about the RAM shenanagings is that the DF article is based on March slides for Killzone that they've talked about many times and how that was old data. I guess when you make an article about an old slide it's not old and irrelevant anymore.

My two cents, OS footprint will get a lot smaller as the console moves on, it happened with the PS3 & 360 any overreaction (Wooden) is just silly.

Have a link to that thread?

'Sure' was the wrong word to use, I meant 'won't be surprised if'. It's 5am and I'm sleepy.

I would agree if a lot of rumours on Messi is overblown though. It's like he's the one man Illuminati in the world of Football.

I truly think the hormones merely gave him a body capable of playing football, not one that gave him an advantage over those who didn't need them to develop properly. He might be on some other stuff to keep injuries and fatigue at bay, you'd be stupid to dismiss that possibility out of hand for any player in any professional league, but the hormones? Nah.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
United gaf 50m for Fabregas yay or nay?

I say Yay

Clegg

Just look at what Lance Armstrong got away with for years. The Cycling federation turned a blind eye to his doping and it took the US Anti-Doping Agency to finally expose him.

Bolt is a similar stature of athlete to Armstrong. Both at the pinnacle of their field and totally dominant. If suspicion ever fell on him I don't think the athletics anti-doping bodies would be that keen to expose him.

jtb

Banned
we shouldn't have sold Fabregas for anything under 50m. especially not without a replacement lined up. what the fuck were you thinking wenger.

GorillaJu

Ram talk is funny because all the majority of those idiots see are numbers and they overreact accordingly. Pachter was spot on in the GAF Doc about people who post here (and on the internet in general); people don't know shit and don't want to understand. They want to bitch, moan and fight because it's entertaining to them.

Anyway, football related:

Yep. You're completely spot on here I think.

Do you think he's still one of the best in the world in his position?

Xavi, Ineista and Alonso are all ahead of him in the national side.

Only reason he doesn't get in front of Alonso is they do different jobs.

Xavi and Iniesta are once on a generation world class midfielders who unfortunately for Fabregas play on the same national team.

Carbonox

Gonna watch Dredd. Never interested me but I've heard really good things about it.

Also considering flying out to Hungary in September to see my grandad as it could be the last opportunity to see him before he passes. That's even if he's alive around then. Fucking mental. It's frustrating that he never had his stomach cramps properly checked out as he's had them for years apparently. So stubborn and it's now revealed it's pancreatic cancer. Something could have been done in the past.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Because Fabregas hasn't been particularly good for Barca, while Cavani is world class

he has better numbers with us than he ever did with Arsenal. it's just that his numbers get overshadowed by the likes of Messi and Iniesta, at Arsenal no one overshadowed him so he stood out more.

Gonna watch Dredd. Never interested me but I've heard really good things about it.

Also considering flying out to Hungary in September to see my grandad as it could be the last opportunity to see him before he passes. That's even if he's alive around then. Fucking mental.

Good movie. You'll like.

Clegg

Also considering flying out to Hungary in September to see my grandad as it could be the last opportunity to see him before he passes. That's even if he's alive around then. Fucking mental. It's frustrating that he never had his stomach cramps properly checked out as he's had them for years apparently. So stubborn and it's now revealed it's pancreatic cancer. Something could have been done in the past.

I watched it for the first time just a few days ago.

It's actually really good. Proper 80's violence and Karl Urban is a really good Dredd.

Meier

I had no idea that Arctic Monkeys did an acoustic album.

I needs to download it.

Wha? Are you talking about Alex's soundtrack to Submarine? If so, it's brilliant.

I thought it looked pretty lame when the trailer hit but the reviews were of course very good from critics and regular joes alike. Ended up watching it a few weeks back and was blown away. It's awesome.

dc89

This already get posted?

BQF9e7ACQAE8iwK.jpg

:lol dc :lol dc

Theres a whole thread in OT about this.

Walshy

Only reason he doesn't get in front of Alonso is they do different jobs.

Xavi and Iniesta are once on a generation world class midfielders who unfortunately for Fabregas play on the same national team.
I understand where you are coming from.

Honestly though, in the last two seasons I don't think Cesc has progressed at all since joining Barcelona. I think he is a brilliant midfielder but to call him world class is a bit of a stretch.

Mata is now truly a Chelsea player.

It was only a matter of time. After two years of Chelsea trials - proudly killing football since 2003 - Juan Mata has now officially joined the merry band of Worst Human Beings on Earth™.

It's no wonder. He's bravely resisted the corrupting influences of womanizing casual racists like John Terry, insensitive spoiled brats like Frank Lampard, violent gun enthusiasts like Ashley Cole, foreign baby-eaters like Branislav Ivanovic, child abusers like Eden Hazard, and straight-up psycho madmen like David Luiz. Until now.

As reported by the Woodwards and Bernsteins at Get Surrey:

Robert Manley, prosecuting, told Staines Magistrates' Court on Friday how Mata had been driving his Aston Martin car at around 2.30pm on December 4 last year down the A3 towards Hook.

'The Aston Martin activated the speed device on the A3. It was travelling at 63mph,' he said.

Magistrates convicted Mata, who was absent from the court, saying he must pay £200 in the next 14 days.

He is also required to pay £85 costs, a £60 victim surcharge...

After today, Juan Mata is truly Chelsea. Truly, one of us. Officially official. The victims of this egregious driving incident shall forever be remembered! Never forget. 63 in a 50! Off with his head!

But wait. Here's the best part.

...and will have three points put on his driving licence.

That's right. Even when breaking the law, Mata wins three points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom