• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that .jpg was posted.

I have no idea what your problem is.

iXG4qfIeBk1ji.jpg

jtb

Banned
I understand where you are coming from.

Honestly though, in the last two seasons I don't think Cesc has progressed at all since joining Barcelona. I think he is a brilliant midfielder but to call him world class is a bit of a stretch.

Xavi and Iniesta aside (and I think Xavi had a pretty poor last season, and is now one year older...), who is a better midfielder than Cesc?

Meier

Had to smile at this comment on ESPN. It's like a new signing but cheaper, folks.

Having valencia nani and young actually in form this season is just like a new signing but cheaper. also i wouldn't mind giving ando or cleverly a chance to partner carrick in the middle. United grows em. they don't splash ridiculous cash like other clubs. (chelshit and $hitty) Having Rooney fit this season will also be nice. last year he was always getting injured

Galliani has had multiple meetings with the Doyen Sports president in the past couple of days. I wonder what is going on.

Xavi and Iniesta aside (and I think Xavi had a pretty poor last season, and is now one year older...), who is a better midfielder than Cesc?

You forgot about Bakaye Traore.

Coach Gennaro Gattuso: "I don't talk a lot with my players, I speak with my eyes."

EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif

I can't wait until he's the Milan manager. :) On another note, I really hope that Rai chooses to show Serie B matches this season.

Had to smile at this comment on ESPN. It's like a new signing but cheaper, folks.

Moyes' press conference on the 1st of September:

Having valencia nani and young actually in form this season is just like a new signing but cheaper. also i wouldn't mind giving ando or cleverly a chance to partner carrick in the middle. United grows em. they don't splash ridiculous cash like other clubs. (chelshit and $hitty) Having Rooney fit this season will also be nice. last year he was always getting injured

I can seriously see him referring to one or two players as being like new signings.

Feorax

Todays transfer muppetry from an LFC perspective has gone from shit to amazing in about 6 hours. According to various reports:

1. We've matched Soldado's release clause

2. We've told Arsenal Suarez won't be joining them.

3. Papadopalous has returned to fitness and we're back in for him.

4. We're signing Bernard. Sportsdirectlol!

Scum

Damn! Can't get enough of Fire Emblem.

Gonna watch Dredd. Never interested me but I've heard really good things about it.

Also considering flying out to Hungary in September to see my grandad as it could be the last opportunity to see him before he passes. That's even if he's alive around then. Fucking mental. It's frustrating that he never had his stomach cramps properly checked out as he's had them for years apparently. So stubborn and it's now revealed it's pancreatic cancer. Something could have been done in the past.
Dredd is good fun. I enjoyed it.

Gonna start me some Pikmin 3 tomorrow morning. EEEEK
I'll be downloading that tonight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just look at what Lance Armstrong got away with for years. The Cycling federation turned a blind eye to his doping and it took the US Anti-Doping Agency to finally expose him.

Bolt is a similar stature of athlete to Armstrong. Both at the pinnacle of their field and totally dominant. If suspicion ever fell on him I don't think the athletics anti-doping bodies would be that keen to expose him.
Here's how you should look at it.

jtb I'd hate to stab your buttocks.

*pinch*

I'd agree they've been as good, and possibly better all-round because they've had more consistent playing time. But Fabregas is more productive than both going forward.

Fabregas: 14 goals 11 assists
Vidal: 14+ goals 11+ assists. (I don't recall any of our Coppa Italia games)

AND he's a fucking defensive monster. WHAT NOW HORSE?

Salvadora

Todays transfer muppetry from an LFC perspective has gone from shit to amazing in about 6 hours. According to various reports:

We'll see you in arbitration!

I thought Dredd was ok. Good performance from Urban, and it looked really nice, but far too much slo-mo for me (I know that was the point of the drug lol) and it wasn't the Dredd I always imagined from the comics :(

Also, THE RAID was a far better film :p

Walshy

I love how you indulge so much in transfer season.

Although imagine...
Sturridge Soldado Bernard
Gerrard Coutinho Lucas
Cissokho Agger Papadopalous Johnson
Mignolet
So good.

I love how you indulge so much in transfer season.

Although imagine...

So good.

Shite team, shite format

------------------Mignolet-----------------------

Johnson---Papa----Agger-------Enrique

---------------Lucas-----------------------------
-----------------------Gerrard-------------------

------------------Coutinho----------------------
-------Bernard---------------Suarez---------

-------------------Soldado----------------------

All over mein face

Clegg

Adnan is quite good at this footballing lark.

Still hasn't signed a new contract though.

Only 11 months left on his current deal.

LTWheels

How reliable are the sources for 1 and 3?

Walshy

Shite team, shite format

------------------Mignolet-----------------------

Johnson---Papa----Agger-------Enrique

---------------Lucas-----------------------------
-----------------------Gerrard-------------------

------------------Coutinho----------------------
-------Bernard---------------Suarez---------

-------------------Soldado----------------------

All over mein face
I couldn't be bothered putting the effort to make a decent formation.

+ you'd seriously let Suarez play over Sturridge after the shit he pulled so far this summer?

Fabregas: 14 goals 11 assists
Vidal: 14+ goals 11+ assists. (I don't recall any of our Coppa Italia games)

AND he's a fucking defensive monster. WHAT NOW HORSE?

I'm going to guess that Whoscored and ESPN don't have Coppa Italia stats :p

edit: dc'd again

back to payday 2 I go

Salvadora

Guardian are reporting that Arsenal are preparing a new bid for Suarez.

They think they can capitalize on tensions between him and the club.

Feorax

In that Times article as well it says that Cissokho has been talking to Liverpool.

Expect that one to be done soon.

Fantastic.

I should go to bed, been a long week and this can't be healthy...

Guardian are reporting that Arsenal are preparing a new bid for Suarez.

They think they can capitalize on tensions between him and the club.

We could have said this after the bids Arsenal made, but didn't. I can only assume the reason we are happy to do so now is because Suarez has agreed to this, possibly on the condition that we'll make it easy if/when Real come in.

Salvadora

We could have said this after the bids Arsenal made, but didn't. I can only assume the reason we are happy to do so now is because Suarez has agreed to this, possibly on the condition that we'll make it easy if/when Real come in.
Liverpool are denying Luis his basic human right: freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom