• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Also the Whoscored stats don't agree with you. Where you getting those?
ESPN! :p
I'm going to guess that Whoscored and ESPN don't have Coppa Italia stats :p

NOPE
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Okay so Vidal scored on Lazio in Coppa Italia so make that 15 goals.

Walshy

Guardian are reporting that Arsenal are preparing a new bid for Suarez.

They think they can capitalize on tensions between him and the club.
Just seen that. This bit:
Liverpool have refused to confirm whether Suárez asked to speak to Arsenal in the talks with Rodgers and Ayre since the £40,000,001 offer was received and rejected. However, they remain adamant that the disputed clause in Suárez's contract does not allow him to meet or open negotiations with Arsenal now that a bid of more than £40m has been made.

Is completely contradictory to what the Times is saying, which says that Liverpool are going to refuse him any sort of permission to talk with Arsenal. This could get really messy.

Fantastic.

I should go to bed, been a long week and this can't be healthy...
Cissokho would be decent cover. Would allow us to send Robinson out on loan.

I'm watching Tomorrowland on Youtube and I'm seriously envious of anyone who is there. The crowd is mental.

Salvadora

Wenger why are you doing this to me
"We are ready to do quick deals but all the transfers do not depend only on us," said Wenger as he spoke about the transfer for the first time. "But we are prepared to wait. It looks unlikely before the Emirates Cup (next weekend).
"We still have a strong squad but we are there on the market to try to strengthen our team. With or without additions we can be title challengers next season."
Wenger refused to get into a war of words with Rodgers and said: "He must explain that. I don't know. We are not close to signing Suarez or anybody else so there's no reason why I should talk about it.
/dead.
Bacary Sagna settles in well at centre-back with Thomas Vermaelen out.
Jesus fuck.

Salvadora

that Sagna quote really worries me because unlike the rest, it sounds like he actually believes that bullshit.

The last time he came out he said we were nowhere near close to bringing in any players in.

He's been giving it to us straight, jtb.

dc89

He's so hopeless. If they sent him to the Night's Watch they'd probably make him a builder.

He could look after the Ravens.

Damn! Can't get enough of Fire Emblem.

Dredd is good fun. I enjoyed it.

I'll be downloading that tonight.

Good! It looks decent.

---

Absolutely devastated to hear 15-year-old Real Madrid youth player Cedenilla has been diagnosed with cancer. I literally have no words...

https://twitter.com/Youngcules/status/360883817390682113

:( I hope he gets well soon.

jtb

Banned
The last time he came out he said we were nowhere near close to bringing in any players in.

He's been giving it to us straight, jtb.

yeah, we're basically fucked at this point...

it's time to get a DOF or something, it's appalling how terrible Wenger/the board are at conducting transfers.

Salvadora

yeah, we're basically fucked at this point...

it's time to get a DOF or something, it's appalling how terrible Wenger/the board are at conducting transfers.

I've been saying for a while now that bringing David Dein back would solve the problems.

Unfortunately I think he's washed his hands of our club.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well alright then.

Sure why not

I just wish, i really really wish, we knew who the fuck was telling us this was possible, because atm thats the only part of the equation that is important. Its not the manager, its not the board, its either his agent or him.

Sure why not

I just wish, i really really wish, we knew who the fuck was telling us this was possible, because atm thats the only part of the equation that is important. Its not the manager, its not the board, its either his agent or him.

Welcome to football transfers, where no one knows anything but the agents.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Welcome to football transfers, where no one knows anything but the agents.

After buying RVP im willing to throw my hat and say literally anything is possible, I didnt follow that transfer last season so I have no idea the similarities but I can only imagine it took some wrangling.

I just, this is mental...

jtb

Banned
After buying RVP im willing to throw my hat and say literally anything is possible, I didnt follow that transfer last season so I have no idea the similarities but I can only imagine it took some wrangling.

I just, this is mental...

RVP had one year left on his contract and publicly begged to leave. also Arsenal is a joke and the board is incompetent. Barcelona's hand is much stronger in this situation.

Played it already

MGS3 replay
Dead Space 2
Sly Raccoon
Ico replay
Shadow of the Collossus replay
Darksiders
Space Marine
Bulletstorm
Bioshock 2
Hitman Absolution

@FW, yeah. Incredibly boring level and game design, Nolan North is annoying when he does that voice for anyone but Drake, story is rubbish, combat is laughable

L1NETT

Bulletstorm from that list.

DS2 ain't as good as the first one, but if you haven't played the first i would give it a shot.

Ditch Bioshock 2 and Hitman A :)

U wot? Did you not see the chair move? Or the curtain twitch a bit? Scary as fuck, can't handle it.

I thought it was pretty good entertainment, watched it with a few people in darkness and surround sound turned all the way up certainly helped... But yeah, didn't warrant the 200 sequels I understand it got, but wasn't terrible I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom