• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

What did you think of Amnesia? (I've not played it yet because I'm a pussy)

My playtime for Amnesia sums up how scary I found it

vv0PSFh.png

Carbonox

I thought Dredd was ok. Good performance from Urban, and it looked really nice, but far too much slo-mo for me (I know that was the point of the drug lol) and it wasn't the Dredd I always imagined from the comics :(

Also, THE RAID was a far better film :p

Having just watched Dredd now, I agree with your view. I like Urban (he would actually make a decent Batman) but the film itself was average. Nothing spectacular and the slow-mo shit was boring.

The Raid is better but that film isn't great either (bar some of the fight scenes).

Salvadora

Poor Salv. You'll get through this. Mad Bowser... he may not. But you will.

I'll be over it as soon as we're tangibly or intangibly linked with another unobtainable player.

We should make a £40,000,001 bid on Wayne and see what happens. Woodward wouldn't be able to resist.

kharma45

I'm good at getting to the menu and setting up the graphics options and then closing it down again.

I know I could probably play it fine if I didn't try to do it in the dark with headphones but to do otherwise seems to defeat the point of the game.

lol

I played it on OnLive and I couldn't even last 5 mins :(

Don't blame ya.

How long of the demo? I remember I sat with you in a chat while you played the demo.

I dunno how much time I put in to the demo since Steam doesn't record that playtime but it can't have been much more than that. Maybe this Halloween I'll think about trying again.

I'll be over it as soon as we're tangibly or intangibly linked with another unobtainable player.

We should make a £40,000,001 bid on Wayne and see what happens. Woodward wouldn't be able to resist.

He'd be with you asap if you did.

Amnesia's scariness peaks not too far into it (
the monster in the water
), and after that it more or less gets steadily less scary. As soon as you figure out the 'rules', and encounter more and more enemies, you get inured to it. Especially by the end.

I love you morsel. He's never played for us and yet he's coming back to us. Ain't that the truth?

COMMON VERTRAYER!

Pirlo only has so many years left in his legs.... don't be a shit, just come on home....
Verratti is #1 on my shopping list, seriously. The only credible Italian heir to Pirlo at present, and I would take him ahead of any other young player in the world. IN THE WORLD.

(Won't happen.)

Amnesia's scariness peaks not too far into it (
the monster in the water
), and after that it more or less gets steadily less scary. As soon as you figure out the 'rules', and encounter more and more enemies, you get inured to it. Especially by the end.

Verratti is #1 on my shopping list, seriously. The only credible Italian heir to Pirlo at present, and I would take him ahead of any other young player in the world. IN THE WORLD.

(Won't happen.)

Could happen, I think. Maybe down the line though, sure. Verratti is a Juventino, as we know. So it's possible that he would think twice before going to Fiorentina or Napoli--there is a reason why he went to PSG instead of us rather than another Serie A team. Could see him going to City, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around PSG for another year then move to us (either next summer or January).

A midfield consisting of Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, and Verratti would probably be top 3 in the world easily.

K1LLER7

when speaking to MUTV, the boss was quick to praise the champions' encouraging display of determination after tipping his cap to the home side's quality.

“I thought Cerezo Osaka played very well tonight,” Moyes explained. “There are some interesting young players here. This club has a reputation for producing young players and it looks like they may have another couple of good players.

Minamino Pls.

K1LLER7

Could happen, I think. Maybe down the line though, sure. Verratti is a Juventino, as we know. So it's possible that he would think twice before going to Fiorentina or Napoli--there is a reason why he went to PSG instead of us rather than another Serie A team. Could see him going to City, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around PSG for another year then move to us (either next summer or January).

A midfield consisting of Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, and Verratti would probably be top 3 in the world easily.

Carrick - Jones > All other midfields

;__;

GQman2121

Banned
The original Dead Space is the poster child for what is wrong with modern big budget game develop. Great visuals and wonderful sound design, paired with gameplay littered with fetch quest, after fetch quest in the way of switch flipping and repetitive shootouts against the same five enemies.

The environments were even worse. Corridor after corridor for many chapters of the game with small breaks for the exterior of the ship, which were great and mixed up the gameplay. But then they would repeat the same scenarios within these environments and it all felt forced.

Worst of all is the mute lead character you play as. They're leading you down this path by telling a love story, yet Issac can't be bothered at any point during the game to chime in with his thoughts. The mute lead is the laziest way to attempt to tell a story in games.

I beat the game twice because I wanted to make sure I wasn't being too harsh on the game for my first play through. On the hardest difficulty on my way to unlocking the platinum trophy I was so uninterested in the game that it turned me completely off to the series.

jesalr

Lawl. Just found out Marca's quotes of Bale telling Levy he wants to leave are the - word for word - exact same as the ones they printed for Modric last year.

give them 15m and get him signed.

Would be happy with him alongside Carrick. Can pretty much do everything.

Wanted Dead Space to be the next big survival horror game. 1 and 2 were amazing but 3 sucked.

EA really went south with 3, I am yet to finish 2.

Have you played Mirrors Edge before?

K1LLER7

Nope, I haven't opened it lol. Brother got it in a deal on ebay. Want to play it but, I got other games to finish first.

Trying to complete the last couple of endings in Virtues Last Reward. Then move on to Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Finally, Okami.

Clegg

Sign Cabaye and Fellaini. Both are sizeable improvements on Anderson and Cleverley. Would strengthen our midfield and would probably cost less than what Barca would demand for Fabregas.

They wouldn't be my ideal signings because I'd love us to sign a world class midfielder. But now we're only two weeks away from our first game of the season against Wigan and we still haven't signed any players for the senior team. They need to be bedded in and quickly.

Scum

The original Dead Space is the poster child for what is wrong with modern big budget game develop. Great visuals and wonderful sound design, paired with gameplay littered with fetch quest, after fetch quest in the way of switch flipping and repetitive shootouts against the same five enemies.

The environments were even worse. Corridor after corridor for many chapters of the game with small breaks for the exterior of the ship, which were great and mixed up the gameplay. But then they would repeat the same scenarios within these environments and it all felt forced.

Worst of all is the mute lead character you play as. They're leading you down this path by telling a love story, yet Issac can't be bothered at any point during the game to chime in with his thoughts. The mute lead is the laziest way to attempt to tell a story in games.

I beat the game twice because I wanted to make sure I wasn't being too harsh on the game for my first play through. On the hardest difficulty on my way to unlocking the platinum trophy I was so uninterested in the game that it turned me completely off to the series.
Good ol' EA-itis. 1 - great, 2 - good, 3 - shit.

give them 15m and get him signed.

Would be happy with him alongside Carrick. Can pretty much do everything.

Wanted Dead Space to be the next big survival horror game. 1 was amazing, 2 was okay, 3 sucked.

Moyea should just get him and/or Felliani and be done with it.

Can't wait for EA's excuse when ME turns into a FPS.

Salvadora

Sign Cabaye and Fellaini. Both are sizeable improvements on Anderson and Cleverley. Would strengthen our midfield and would probably cost less than what Barca would demand for Fabregas.

They wouldn't be my ideal signings because I'd love us to sign a world class midfielder. But now we're only two weeks away from our first game of the season against Wigan and we still haven't signed any players for the senior team. They need to be bedded in and quickly.
You wouldn't go amiss signing a character like Darron Gibson, either.

He would bring an air of familiarity and could hit the ground running.

K1LLER7

-------- De Gea ----------------

Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra

------- Carrick, Cabaye --------

Valencia, Kagawa, Zaha

-------------- RVP ----------------

Not bad.

Clegg

You wouldn't go amiss signing a character like Darron Gibson, either.

He would bring an air of familiarity and could hit the ground running.

Serious answer:

Gibson still wouldn't be good enough to be a regular in our midfield. I don't think he's any better than Clev or Anderson. If he was any good then we never would have sold him in the first place.

K1LLER7

Are any of the top clubs being linked with Will Huges (Derby)

Apparently the next big English talent. Still only 18. He's apparently being pushed into the England U-21s.

Nope, I haven't opened it lol. Brother got it in a deal on ebay. Want to play it but, I got other games to finish first.

Trying to complete the last couple of endings in Virtues Last Reward. Then move on to Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Finally, Okami.

ME is such a good short game that you'd probably be able to squeeze is it between two games.

Okami is such a great game, I played a few hours of the PS2 version but stopped once I knew how long the game really is :p

Can't wait for EA's excuse when ME turns into a FPS.

With ME3? I just want ME1-1 and ME2 to be good then I don't care for 3 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom