• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Haven't seen these :(

But the Hitchcock films we've seen are:

North by Northwest
Psycho
The Birds (although at a very young age, need to rewatch tbh)
Rear Window
Rope
The Trouble with Harry
Shadow of a Doubt

I have also seen Vertigo.

Thats an excellent list, rewatch The Birds for sure.

The Hustler is pool w/ Jackie Gleason in a supporting role. The Sting is con-artists with Robert Redford and Newman as the 2 main characters.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
yeah because united fans are behind everyone of their players who wants to leave the club. i'm sure you'll respect rooneys decision[/IMG]

In fairness the only people ive seen properly disrespected are those who have left the club on very bad terms. Those who left amicably have always been welcomed back, even if they left with some controversy so long as they gave the fans the respect and worked while they were here there should not be a problem. Beckham, Ronaldo are two big names that come to mind, both getting great receptions on their return. Alot of the squad players we sold to Sunderland get great receptions as does Phil Neville when he came back.

Turok_TTZ

Bought a Madrid shirt today, I can't get rid of this dirty feeling. I keep scrubbing but it wont go away.

Help guys.

Welcome to the most gentleman club in all of Spain. I trust it is a Varane or Marcelo Jersey? Dirty? You must be mistaken, that is the feeling of cleanliness. Being an infidel for so long, you have mistaken cleanliness for dirtiness. Worry not, tis often this happens to a reformed infidel who has just seen the light.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fab might have gone if Thiago didn't. Now Barca don't have to do anything.

History is written by the winners

If Moyes lands Fab hes a shrewd and tactical fucker

If he doesnt and we dont land someone good the newspapers will be lining up their end of year columns for if (prob when) we finish lower down the table. "Moyes ineptness in the transfer market while his rivals strengthened cost him dearly etc etc.

Thats an excellent list, rewatch The Birds for sure.

The Hustler is pool w/ Jackie Gleason in a supporting role. The Sting is con-artists with Robert Redford and Newman as the 2 main characters.
I'd also like to see The Colour of Money, cos its a Scorsese film and anything Scorsese does, I <3 the guy.

Why are Utd fans still talking about Fabregas?

Wenger confirmed the club have first refusal and that Cesc has decided to stay at Barca for "one more year". There is no way Fabregas of all people would choose United, much less over Arsenal. You people have deluded yourselves drunk with arrogance

Dazzler

Wenger confirmed the club have first refusal and that Cesc has decided to stay at Barca for "one more year". There is no way Fabregas of all people would choose United, much less over Arsenal. You people have deluded yourselves drunk with arrogance

#Moyesboyz

GorillaJu

Walshy

most united fans want the fat scouser out regardless if he wants to stay or not. theres no nonsense like oh if he should done this he shouldve done that. fat cunts not good enough to start instead of rvp and hope he fucks off

You want to see how united fans treat players that have left the club, watch the champions league game where more united fans sang viva ronaldo than actual madrid ones or when beckham cameback with milan. both left in their prime as well.

we hate rooney because who he is, not because we have to beg him to stay like suarez
all the noise from liverpool seems to echo exactly what you are doing with rooney: we'd like him but if he wants to leave he leaves at the price we set. i read just yesterday, that moyes sees him playing behind rvp, so what one is it, is he second choice or what?

did you lot welcome heinze back with open arms when he played in 2011 with marseille? or paul ince when he came back to old trafford? or how about tevez? i remember seeing him get pelted with all sorts of shit from the stands when he returned

so let me get this right, you like players who leave gracefully like beckham and ronaldo, yet we don't see any liverpool fans complaining about how xabi alonso left do you?

i don't even know why i'm actually bothering

What do you guys think of

-----------------RVP------------
Kagawa---Fabregas---Nani
---------Carrick--Clevz---------
Evra---Vidic-----Rio----Rafael
---------------DDG----------------

Lunchbox

Banned

written in the stars, to join his long lost friend

lZJfr8G.png

Oh this gon be good.

Fry

im not saying its meth

but its meth

LTWheels

“I made the decision last year to move Andy Carroll out on loan because I wanted to work the team round Luis' talents. All our movement patterns and our tactical ideas were based around him and he flourished from that.

“This year it will be the turn of others to flourish as well because he will be an important part of the team, but it will be about the team. The way we worked really helped Luis improve his game.”

Does this hint at Sturridge through the middle and Suarez left/right this season, rather than Suarez leading the line.

L1NETT

Honest question, do you lot think Kagawa is going to have a good season. Still quite a few doubts in my mind as to whether he can cut it in the prem.

You're comparing their 2012 wage bill with their 2013 squad.

This is the latest one:

Top 10 global sports salaries

1 Manchester City £5,239,750

2 Los Angeles Dodgers £4,855,783

3 Real Madrid £4,718,172

4 Barcelona £4,690,430

5 New York Yankees £4,649,188

6 Milan £4,251,111

7 LA Lakers £4,090,913

8 Chelsea £4,058,742

9 Bayern Munich £4,000,036

10 Inter £4,000,000

GorillaJu

If Benitez buys Reina, Mignolet would suddenly be a very good fantasy buy. You could get 4m bench fodder and just play Mig every week. At 5.5 that's pretty solid.

Also Walshy did you read the latest quotes from Rodgers? He was saying that we've got a few more players to bring in that are coming regardless of Suarez's situation. I imagine one is either Bernard or Eriksen. I'd be happy with either. Eriksen may be the better buy – he's undervalued at 15m.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is the latest one:

Top 10 global sports salaries

1 Manchester City £5,239,750

2 Los Angeles Dodgers £4,855,783

3 Real Madrid £4,718,172

4 Barcelona £4,690,430

5 New York Yankees £4,649,188

6 Milan £4,251,111

7 LA Lakers £4,090,913

8 Chelsea £4,058,742

9 Bayern Munich £4,000,036

10 Inter £4,000,000

roranashexm2.gif

Honest question, do you lot think Kagawa is going to have a good season. Still quite a few doubts in my mind as to whether he can cut it in the prem.
Yes I think he will score 15 goals this season.

He could cut it for Dortmund in the Bundesliga. Why don't you think he could in the PL? Size/strength?

If Benitez buys Reina, Mignolet would suddenly be a very good fantasy buy. You could get 4m bench fodder and just play Mig every week. At 5.5 that's pretty solid.

Also Walshy did you read the latest quotes from Rodgers? He was saying that we've got a few more players to bring in that are coming regardless of Suarez's situation. I imagine one is either Bernard or Eriksen. I'd be happy with either. Eriksen may be the better buy – he's undervalued at 15m.
Yeah Mig for 5.5 would be pretty awesome. Right now I'm leaning towards Cech.

Also I think £15m is pretty fair value for Eriksen. Anything more is starting to get a bit expensive. Good player, didn't match the trajectory his hype suggested but obv talent.

Scum

Fab to Spurs.

Walshy

Also Walshy did you read the latest quotes from Rodgers? He was saying that we've got a few more players to bring in that are coming regardless of Suarez's situation. I imagine one is either Bernard or Eriksen. I'd be happy with either. Eriksen may be the better buy &#8211; he's undervalued at 15m.
The talk about 'competition' for the goalkeeping position that Rodgers was talking about would be a bit redundant and hypocritical if Reina was to leave. Jones is no where near good enough to be second choice, so a new keeper would have to come in. Anyway didn't Napoli just buy Santos' keeper? Would be a bit pointless having him on the bench.

I seen the quotes, the liverpool echo posted them on their site before. Bernard has a £20m release clause as well, I'm still not convinced on Eriksen, he would cost more than £15m wouldn't he?

GorillaJu

Eriksen would be like Coutinho. You can't buy him off his potential, because he has a very high ceiling that he doesn't look like reaching so you'd be overpaying on his current trajectory. But anything too cheap and you're neglecting his obvious talent.

It's a good time to buy Eriksen. 15m is probably as cheap as he'll ever be.

15 goals this season for Kagawa? Not in a United shirt. Dream on, Viva.

Scum

Eriksen would be like Coutinho. You can't buy him off his potential, because he has a very high ceiling that he doesn't look like reaching so you'd be overpaying on his current trajectory. But anything too cheap and you're neglecting his obvious talent.

u wot m8?

----------- RVP ----------
Nani -- Kagawa -- Zaha

There's your 15 goals right there.

Why not? The Japanese international, 24, got 6 goals in 20 Premier League matches last season despite playing deeper than he was used to at 2012 Bundesliga Champions Borussia Dortmund. The biggest obstacle stopping him from playing further up the pitch is Rooney. With Rooney gone and United failing to replace him with any attacking player of note, Kagawa will occupy Rooney's position and is quite capable of netting 15 Barclay's Premier League goals.

GorillaJu

Why is it so unlikely?

7 last season in 26 appearances.

Assuming he doesn't get injured again and plays more games centrally when Rooney goes, 15 seems quite possible.

If he plays in Rooney's position, in Rooney's absence, yeah in that case I could see him scoring 15-ish.

Personally I think Cesc will score more for y'all next season. He's more the type that is always looking for a goal. Kagawa is more the busy bee type that doesn't always seek to be the final touch.

Walshy

The thing that's putting me off is that us and other clubs have preferred to go for other targets rather than to go for him.

Bernard can play right wing can't he? In an ideal world if we can get both, we can replace Downing with Bernard and Eriksen can play in the middle. Don't think that would work in reality though.

GorillaJu

The thing that's putting me off is that us and other clubs have preferred to go for other targets rather than to go for him.

Bernard can play right wing can't he? In an ideal world if we can get both, we can replace Downing with Bernard and Eriksen can play in the middle. Don't think that would work in reality though.

Bernard plays on both wings, but a majority on the right.

K1LLER7

If he plays in Rooney's position, in Rooney's absence, yeah in that case I could see him scoring 15-ish.

Personally I think Cesc will score more for y'all next season. He's more the type that is always looking for a goal. Kagawa is more the busy bee type that doesn't always seek to be the final touch.
Cesc won't join us though :'(

Now Osman, he'll get 15+ easy.

Baines is so expensive in FPL. 7.5 just feels like too much although he always does deliver big points.

If he joined United I would probably wouldn't even think twice about it. Although you could argue that since he probably wouldn't be taking set pieces/pens his points return may actually be lower..hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom