• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maradona "True Argentinians don't play for Juve"

BQJaUEcCAAA6Q05.jpg

Could happen, I think. Maybe down the line though, sure. Verratti is a Juventino, as we know. So it's possible that he would think twice before going to Fiorentina or Napoli--there is a reason why he went to PSG instead of us rather than another Serie A team. Could see him going to City, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around PSG for another year then move to us (either next summer or January).

A midfield consisting of Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, and Verratti would probably be top 3 in the world easily.

Verratti is going to be one of the worst Juventini ever, isn't he? He's already up there with Galliani and Pazzini.

Feorax

Not trying to defend him. He is an asshole on the field, I know, but had he not pulled what he has pulled in his window I don't think there are many Liverpool fans who would want him shipped to Russia asap.

There were a fair few who were done with him after he bit Ivanovic. There's only so much you can stand by a player, it's exhausting.

How he's acted since then hasn't done much to help that, I'll admit.

Mastadon

Banned
I love how Liverpool fans usually go "He's a terrible guy...but we still want way too much cash for him".

No sane club is gonna pay that money for him because he is a douche.

You keep saying this, but clearly there are clubs who are willing to pay that money for him.

Echte Liebe bro

The German supercup is a joke, though. I mean, sure, I will watch it but it doesn't mean more to me like the other pre-season matches. Mainly because it isn't taken seriously at all.

The supercup is so shitty they don't even bother to use the rules properly. According to the rules, the match takes place in the league winner's stadium. Last year, we had won the cup and the league, it takes place in Munich. This year, Bayern has won the cup and the league and it takes place in Dortmund. DFB/DFL should just stop playing this shit cup again.

L1NETT

Let Hughes play at Derby until he develops more fully, taking young talent out of the lower divisions only to have them languish in the reserves for a couple of seasons is one of the problems in English football. Do what Crystal Palace did with Zaha, wait until he's beginning to fulfil his potential before betting everything on him.

100% right,

Please don't let the petro clubs ruin more english talent. Don't John Bostock him, wait till he is ready.

justjohn

Im surprised one of these rich arab sheiks haven't bought Liverpool yet. They might be shit now but its obvious their fanbase round the world is one of the biggest. It could be a fantastic investment.

Feorax

Im surprised one of these rich arab sheiks haven't bought Liverpool yet. They might be shit now but its obvious their fanbase round the world is one of the biggest. It could be a fantastic investment.

The stadium is the big problem. If we had a 60k seater we'd probably have buyers lining up, but no-one wants to deal with the hastle of gettig Anfield re-developed.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm stunned that after more than a decade Chelsea are still on 42k. I suppose the argument is they don't need the money like Liverpool do because Roman can bankroll them, but you think they'd want to capitalise on increased fanbase since they became successful.

qindarka

Banned
I'm stunned that after more than a decade Chelsea are still on 42k. I suppose the argument is they don't need the money like Liverpool do because Roman can bankroll them, but you think they'd want to capitalise on increased fanbase since they became successful.

Well, Stamford Bridge can't be expanded so we are looking for a new stadium, but there are lots of barriers to that. I believe some of the stadium rights are owned by a fans group, the CPO, and we can't actually move until the club buys the rights back from then. There were negotiations 2 years ago that didn't turn out well. An even bigger problem is that we can't actually find a suitable new ground as of the moment, bids for Battersea Power Station and another stadium in Earl;s Court both failed.

Wilbur

Banned
Well, Stamford Bridge can't be expanded so we are looking for a new stadium, but there are lots of barriers to that. I believe some of the stadium rights are owned by a fans group, the CPO, and we can't actually move until the club buys the rights back from then. There were negotiations 2 years ago that didn't turn out well. An even bigger problem is that we can't actually find a suitable new ground as of the moment, bids for Battersea Power Station and another stadium in Earl;s Court both failed.

I suppose for me, it's just odd that a club of your wealth find their bids turned down, or they don't move to buy these rights. It'd be a short term massive spend for what would be beneficial in the future.

Zabojnik

Juve - Everton friendly scheduled on the 1st of August in the US. Can't wait for some more shitty summer football! Are Fellaini and Baines expected to play?

enishi

Cheers guys, what's the state of the pitch ? Still raining? It's on tv in about 20 mins where I live

Basically no rain in the whole afternoon, a bit sunshine (first time after 1 week)

At least they tried hard to fix the pitch, looks better than what it shows before

Lightning

Banned
Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats 12m

BREAKING - €16M offer from Arsenal has been rejected for Bernard. Atlético-MG directors say fixed price is €25M. #AFC [O Jogo]

FUCK YOU WENGER. What the hell did you low ball for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom