• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any of the top clubs being linked with Will Huges (Derby)

Apparently the next big English talent. Still only 18. He's apparently being pushed into the England U-21s.
City have been tracking him. I'm sure alot of clubs have but City's interest has been in the media the most.

Adnan should just play CM now. His pass for our 2nd goal today was very nice. It's sad cos you see that kinda incisive pass as a standard at so many teams but for us it's like woah what the hell was that shit.

K1LLER7

Give it 'til Nov.

This is his Fantasy League team

BQIEXT-CUAAu9FZ.jpg:large

He has Kagawa. Moysey you slug, sign him.

K1LLER7

ME is such a good short game that you'd probably be able to squeeze is it between two games.

Okami is such a great game, I played a few hours of the PS2 version but stopped once I knew how long the game really is :p

Will check it out.

I played Okami on Wii a while back, but got it for PS3 recently. Its around 50-60 hours iirc.

K1LLER7

City have been tracking him. I'm sure alot of clubs have but City's interest has been in the media the most.

Adnan should just play CM now. His pass for our 2nd goal today was very nice. It's sad cos you see that kinda incisive pass as a standard at so many teams but for us it's like woah what the hell was that shit.
Adnan on the left, Shinji middle, Zaha right, RVP top.. Cabaye in midfield alongside Carrick.

Title #21.

"Liverpool Fans FB"

Fool.
:lol

Moysey, Minamino pls.

Scum

ME is such a good short game that you'd probably be able to squeeze is it between two games.

Okami is such a great game, I played a few hours of the PS2 version but stopped once I knew how long the game really is :p

With ME3? I just want ME1-1 and ME2 to be good then I don't care for 3 :p
Niether will EA. lol

--------------- RVP -------------
Adnan --- Kagawa --- Zaha
---- Carrick --- Felliani ----

Guess that explains why FIFA is utter tripe.
FIFA needs competition. Pro Evo 5/6 with updated teams and I'll be all over it. Fuck EA.

Randdalf

Let Hughes play at Derby until he develops more fully, taking young talent out of the lower divisions only to have them languish in the reserves for a couple of seasons is one of the problems in English football. Do what Crystal Palace did with Zaha, wait until he's beginning to fulfil his potential before betting everything on him.

K1LLER7

The wings are still shit.

Sorry for pointing out that we signed Zaha from the Championship.

Not the best, but Valencia in form and Zaha is okay for the PL. Zaha's looked better than Young every time I've seen him play. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops over the season. He's different to all our wingers at the moment. He seems a mix of Nani&Valencia.

Valencia will most likely play, I'd be happy with that team/formation, but if Rooney stays, I expect we'll see:

---------- Carrick - CM -----------

Valencia - Rooney - Kagawa

--------------- RVP ----------------

Welbeck/Young/Chicha/Zaha/Januzaj(?)/Nani(?) to rotate for the attacking positions.

Meier

Let Hughes play at Derby until he develops more fully, taking young talent out of the lower divisions only to have them languish in the reserves for a couple of seasons is one of the problems in English football. Do what Crystal Palace did with Zaha, wait until he's beginning to fulfil his potential before betting everything on him.

I think if anyone signs him, they'd loan him back to Derby for at least a year at a minimum.

Scum

Not the best, but Valencia in form and Zaha is okay for the PL. Zaha's looked better than Young every time I've seen him play.

Valencia will most likely play, I'd be happy with that team/formation, but if Rooney stays, I expect we'll see:

Welbeck/Young/Chicha/Zaha/Januzaj(?)/Nani(?) to rotate for the attacking positions.
Swap Valencia for Nani. Nani on the left. Kagawa behind RVP. Zaha on the right.
As for Rooney, Moyes, in his first press conference, should have requested a giant screen with FM2013 running. Then it's:-

Click on Rooney -> Transfer -> Transfer Status -> "Your asking Price is £30m" -> Accept offers of £30m or more but reject lower.

Storms out.

K1LLER7

Swap Valencia for Nani. Nani on the left. Kagawa behind RVP. Zaha on the right.
As for Rooney, Moyes, in his first press conference, should have requested a giant screen with FM2013 running. Then it's:-

Click on Rooney -> Transfer -> Transfer Status -> "Your asking Price is £30m" -> Accept offers of £30m or more but reject lower.

Storms out.
:lol would expect Redknapp to do something like that.

I think Nani will be off this summer. Hope not though. If he stays, he should play ahead of Valencia.

If Rooney leaves, then I'd go with what your saying. If not, United Bros will have to put up with another season of Shinji on the wing.

Not the best, but Valencia in form and Zaha is okay for the PL. Zaha's looked better than Young every time I've seen him play. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops over the season. He's different to all our wingers at the moment. He seems a mix of Nani&Valencia.

I've written Valencia off. This video accurately sums up his performances last season:

http://youtu.be/sYUa7DpPses?t=49s

Valencia holds it, holds it, holdssssssss it.

I'd rather play Nani.

deGod

Serious answer:

Gibson still wouldn't be good enough to be a regular in our midfield. I don't think he's any better than Clev or Anderson. If he was any good then we never would have sold him in the first place.

Was the whole reason we sold him because himself, Evans and rompey were out at Christmas or New Years after fergie said that everyone was to be at home in bed. Cause I remember Rompey didn't play a few matches after that

Turok_TTZ

I am very tired coming from the gym today.

Madridista forums are a funny thing, so many peeps calling for Benz's head, just as many calling for Patience for Benz. Same for CR7, though most want Ozil to grow a pair and step up. almost unanimous on ozil.

As much as I love Mesut Ozil, his best season was his first. hasn't been the same since then. and it doesn't help his workrate is rather poor defensively, stamina is also laughable.
I can't bother to read through garbage opinions. Tis why I am here. though footygaf too has its own shitty opinions.

I feel sleepy... gonna go drink water.

I am very tired coming from the gym today.

Madridista forums are a funny thing, so many peeps calling for Benz's head, just as many calling for Patience for Benz. Same for CR7, though most want Ozil to grow a pair and step up. almost unanimous on ozil.

As much as I love Mesut Ozil, his best season was his first. hasn't been the same since then. and it doesn't help his workrate is rather poor defensively, stamina is also laughable.
I can't bother to read through garbage opinions. Tis why I am here. though footygaf too has its own shitty opinions.

I feel sleepy... gonna go drink water.

Huh? What do they want more from CR7 for god's sake?!

Benzema is a great striker, all he needs to do is gain the trust he had in himself.

Benzema > Higuain .. Any day of the damn year!

Turok_TTZ

Huh? What do they want more from CR7 for god's sake?!

Benzema is a great striker, all he needs to do is gain the trust he had in himself.

Benzema > Higuain .. Any day of the damn year!

Want cr7 to be more of a team player, track back to defend when needed, stop taking worthless long shots, etc. tbf, CR7 definitely needs to up his defensive workrate but thats it.

Benzema is a little more complicated. some peeps understand the difficulties of being a cf with cr7 on the team. others dont. the rest just want the flavor of the month. more however want Benz to continue. i dont wanna get into it. too tired and not in the mood.

Meanwhile The Guardian claims we have contacted Suarez's reps over registering our interest. If certain members of the spanish press and my itk bastards can confirm, looks like it could be on but I highly doubt it.

meanwhile, I am starting to think Elconfidencial share the same ITK sources as I do...

enishi

Update to the EPL Asia Trophy this evening:

Keep raining heavily for over 1 week already. The weather is a bit better today but the ground is in terrible condition atm...

1074800_10151851470012289_1099434198_o.jpg

What a shame it is considered as the "best" stadium we have (while the next big one is still under planning)

I think Moyes will definitely cancel their trip next week if he saw this picture :lol:

Good luck to City, Spurs and Sunderland players...

Turok_TTZ

true, i just wish benz tried his best all the time

Admittedly, Benzema doesn't try as hard in small games as he would the big games. Hence, earns him his "small game choker" rep. And it also doesn't help that Benzema is discouraged from making runs into the box as Ozil always seems to have eyes only cr7 (but thats how we are setup anyways).

I think this year will be different. Especially with Zidane being on his ass directly. I wouldn't want to piss on the guy who brought him to madrid in the first place.
Benzema will do great this year, just needs more time to rid off the rust.

Meier

Keep raining heavily for over 1 week already. The weather is a bit better today but the ground is in terrible condition atm...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1074800_10151851470012289_1099434198_o.jpg[IMG]

What a shame it is considered as the "best" stadium we have (while the next big one is still under planning)

I think Moyes will definitely cancel their trip next week if he saw this picture :lol:

Good luck to City, Spurs and Sunderland players...[/QUOTE]

Yikes! I wanted to watch the game but I think it's at some ungodly hour in the US.. wonder if it will even happen.

1074800_10151851470012289_1099434198_o.jpg

Good luck to City, Spurs and Sunderland players...

Fuck that shit.

Feorax

Meanwhile The Guardian claims we have contacted Suarez's reps over registering our interest. If certain members of the spanish press and my itk bastards can confirm, looks like it could be on but I highly doubt it.

I think it's more of an "in case of emergency , break glass" type of situation in case your youngsters don't cut it in pre-season, but it looks like we've managed to use it to our advantage.

Messi

I just spent the last hour reading about and looking at pictures of lena dunham. its 2:30 in the morning. Help me guys. I am stuck :(

Messi

Did we always have this huge gap in time when no one posts? I am usually asleep when I am at home. But I thought some people might be up.

By the way where is andres? I have not seen that donkey fucker in weeks.

MPW

i don't want suarez at madrid, i just don't see the point especially since madrid will go for Bale again next summer

Suarez has been in this situation before. When his first European club, Groningen, turned down an offer from Ajax for his services in 2007, the player engaged his legal team and took his club to court.

He did not win the case, but he had forced Groningen's hand. When Ajax returned with a better offer - not exactly an extortionate one, but a better one - they felt compelled to cut their losses and accept. Arsenal's bid, likewise, may have been designed to give Suarez the ammunition he needs to force a move out. He had already been in touch with his lawyers before news of the offer broke.

This is, whoever you support, a sad state of affairs. It is sad because it means Suarez's relationship with Liverpool will end on a sour note. It is sad because the club, who stood by him even as he threatened to drag their name through the mud, will see their support thrown back in their face.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/8101?cc=5901

Feorax

To be fair, I don't think many of us want him here either now.

I think the best scenarios are that we either offload him abroad, or keep him another season, qualify for the CL, and then actively try to offload him to anyone who'll take him.

I can't remember the last time there was a transfer saga with a player this toxic.

Messi

I think the best scenarios are that we either offload him abroad, or keep him another season, qualify for the CL, and then actively try to offload him to anyone who'll take him.

I can't remember the last time there was a transfer saga with a player this toxic.

TEVEZ?

Lightning

Banned

Suarez hasn't done anything to Liverpool yet other than ask to leave for CL football. He still signed autographs, played on the weekend and will agai nin your next game most likely.

A player is not toxic because they want to leave a football club.

mil6es

Suarez hasn't done anything to Liverpool yet other than ask to leave for CL football. He still signed autographs, played on the weekend and will agai nin your next game most likely.

A player is not toxic because they want to leave a football club.

LOL what??? a player is toxic because he has bitten two players on the pitch and racially abused another to boot. already trying to defend him and he's not even your player yet......been there bro its not nice.

I wish a cash rich brains poor russian side would show some interest so we could offload him there.

Lightning

Banned
LOL what??? a player is toxic because he has bitten two players on the pitch and racially abused another to boot. already trying to defend him and he's not even your player yet......been there bro its not nice.

I wish a cash rich brains poor russian side would show some interest so we could offload him there.
Not trying to defend him. He is an asshole on the field, I know, but had he not pulled what he has pulled in his window I don't think there are many Liverpool fans who would want him shipped to Russia asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom