• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjohn

FUCK YOU WENGER. What the hell did you low ball for?
Why cant arsenal just pay the fucking asking price for players? Always trying to wheel and deal like some conference club. If a club says their player is worth 25million just pay it.
There are lots of rich clubs out there these days that have no problem paying and they'll keep missing out.

Why cant arsenal just pay the fucking asking price for players? Always trying to wheel and deal like some conference club. If a club says their player is worth 25million just pay it.
There are lots of rich clubs out there these days that have no problem paying and they'll keep missing out.

Yup, the amount of players Arsene has missed out on over the years because he refused to up the bid just a little bit is insane. The club is a joke for transfers, settling for mediocracy over a few million, crazy.

Chipotle

BQH1PO-CIAEubHC.jpg

#ALLNATURAL #NOFILTER #NOMAKEUP
#RAPIST

Wilbur

Banned
No way is Cech better than De Gea.

I think as an all round keeper he is. Not as consistently impressive a shot stopper (although pulls off some blinders), but with a better relationship with his defenders, stronger in the air, never really gets caught out of position... he had a year or two where he was pretty average after his accident, but the last two seasons he's been largely brilliant.

Oh and >>>>>>>>> apes >> Sczeszny >>>> paraplegics >>> Hart

Wilbur

Banned
Hat :lol, boy that made me snort

Chelsea looked dodgy as fuck sometimes at the back last year and Cech got them out of trouble a bunch. He's ten years older than De Gea to be fair and the difference is marginal, but I still think he's brilliant.

Although I think most Prem keepers are genuinely quite good and last time we said that we got lectured by the Germans for an hour on their amazing goalkeepers haha

DBT85

He's still a great keeper, but he isn't as balls to the wall like he used to be. It hasn't helped that Terry has been on the decline in the same time period so he has had a bit more work to do as well.

Wilbur

Banned
Lol Milch. Cue Blablurn

Was speaking to a Spurs fan at the pub last night who thinks Defoe is good enough to lead the line.

Oxx

Well, Stamford Bridge can't be expanded so we are looking for a new stadium, but there are lots of barriers to that. I believe some of the stadium rights are owned by a fans group, the CPO, and we can't actually move until the club buys the rights back from then. There were negotiations 2 years ago that didn't turn out well. An even bigger problem is that we can't actually find a suitable new ground as of the moment, bids for Battersea Power Station and another stadium in Earl;s Court both failed.

The power station stadium would have been so awesome.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Seems like the Champions League qualifier Elfsborg v Duagava was fixed. Duagava conceded 6 goals in 30 minutes in the second half, and large amounts of money were placed on over 6/over 8 goals bets in Latvia.

Wilbur

Banned
Knew Viva would be my bro. There's not much in it to be fair, and Lloris is also top top class. Mignolet was great last season, I can only see him improving.

Hart is a really good shot stopper but he's still making rudimentary errors that should have been ironed out of his game by now considering the level he plays at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom