• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine if Pellegrini moves to sign a keeper who can compete and possibly displace Hart?
I wouldn't be that shocked. Hart is still good, season before last he was very solid.

This year will be a good indicator. Last season Hart was genuinely quite poor...if he has a similar one I could see them looking at alternatives.

Cech > De Gea = Lloris > Everyone else > Defoe > Boruc

De Gea's still not convincing enough coming for crosses/corners for me, he has bulked up since he came to United but there's still room for improvement.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs 5-0 up, Defoe hat trick, Deuce + OG.

Good to win but I want to get the fuck away from this shit pitch so we can play BAE, Sandro and Kaboul. Their knees just aren't worth risking on this surface.

Edit: 6-0, Andros free kick.

Bale who?

Showaddy

Spurs 5-0 up, Defoe hat trick, Deuce + OG.

Good to win but I want to get the fuck away from this shit pitch so we can play BAE, Sandro and Kaboul. Their knees just aren't worth risking on this surface.

Edit: 6-0, Andros free kick.

Bale who?

Shite I hope that tight arse Levy doesn't think he can get with not buying a striker now...

Ushojax

Shite I hope that tight arse Levy doesn't think he can get with not buying a striker now...

Seeing as we already bid €30m for Soldado I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

This was a nice run-out but it's against opposition who would struggle in League 2. The match against Monaco will be exciting, hopefully we have a larger squad to pick from. I want to see Holtby, Chadli, Paulinho etc.

dc89

TEAM NEWS: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Nastasic, Clichy, Milner, Garcia, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Negredo #cityontour

SUBS: Wright, Lescott, Nasri, Kolarov, Navas, Rodwell, Barry, Fernandinho, Boyata #cityontour

So there we have it. Let's go Negredo.
Where is JoJo?!

Showaddy

This was a nice run-out but it's against opposition who would struggle in League 2. The match against Monaco will be exciting, hopefully we have a larger squad to pick from. I want to see Holtby, Chadli, Paulinho etc.

Call me a cynic but until Soldado's signed, sealed & having a medical I'll continue to worry...

And yeah really, really looking forward to seeing Sandro & Paulinho play.

Arnie

If you've bid that then how come the release clause isn't triggered?

Linius

5buQ3xF.jpg

My body is ready. Would be nice to start the season with a prize.

Release clauses don't work that way for clubs outside of Spain. And if we bid €30 million including bonuses then that isn't really €30 million.

Ushojax

If you've bid that then how come the release clause isn't triggered?

Because it's 26 + 4 in add ons. Even the Valencia manager now expects him to leave, it's a matter of time. Terms are agreed between us and the player, now we wait for Valencia to officially accept. They are just stalling while they line up a replacement.

That yellow Juve training jacket is stunning. Will have to buy one immediately
after super coppa win so I can get free shipping, obviously

Linius

Just six more days till the season starts. And yet another month of transfer muppetry, it's so fucking annoying. I bet there will come a club to pick up Eriksen one day before the deadline :/

Salvadora

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats1h
O Jogo cover: 'BERNARD WANTS TO PLAY FOR FC PORTO'.

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats39m
INTERVIEW - Bernard's dad and his family wants to see him playing at FC.Porto, after Hulk's strong advice made the difference. [O Jogo]

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats37m
BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard dad): "Hulk has convinced Bernard that Porto move would be better for him at this stage of his career" [O Jogo]

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats36m
BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard dad): "Arsenal? We know there interest, but there is nothing official. At Porto, it's better for his career."

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats35m
BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard's dad): "It will be a dream to see my son play at do Dragão." #AFC#Porto
I thought Bernard had already signed for Porto..

Tc91

Training pitch is unplayable due to the rain. There's been monsoon weather the last few days.

City and Sunderland are playing a training game right now in Hong Kong and the pitch is in an awful state.

This is the pitch that we were holding the open training on. We are meant to play on it on Monday for a game.

Arnie

Arsenal should've gone for Kolo on a free.

That way they couldn't have come in with a lowball offer and they wouldn't have to play Sagna at centre back.

Kolo's funny as fuck, watching an interview with him now and he's laughing saying his wife predicted he'd play for Liverpool a year ago. He's a crack pot.

Indeed.

tumblr_mqld5za7Dy1ri7eofo1_400.gif

And I got one of these yesterday!

It's like our away shirt MINUS the shit.

Don't underestimate Lazio, you know better than that :p

Pure swag that set.

I don't underestimate Lazio! Where'd that come from?

I think that, from a footballing perspective, they are fantastic team and wonderful to watch. And they have a fantastic kit too!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Your spoilertag :p

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan 3 Dec 11
More I watch Santos, the more I like him. Touch of the Roberto Carlos about him. #Arsenal

Salvadora

Arsenal should've gone for Kolo on a free.

That way they couldn't have come in with a lowball offer and they wouldn't have to play Sagna at centre back.

Kolo's funny as fuck, watching an interview with him now and he's laughing saying his wife predicted he'd play for Liverpool a year ago. He's a crack pot.

Surprised his wife is still with him after his antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom